The Indianapolis Colts (0-1) and the Houston Texans (0-1) — two AFC South combatants — square off on Sunday, September 17, 2023 at NRG Stadium.
Colts vs. Texans Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 1 point, with bookmakers listing the Colts as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Colts have -110 odds to pick up the win, while the Texans are listed at -110 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 40 points.
How to Watch Colts vs. Texans Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, September 17, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Stadium: NRG Stadium
The Colts averaged 7.7 fewer points per game last year (17) than the Texans allowed (24.7). In games where the Colts scored more than 24.7 points last year, they were 4-4 overall and 6-2 against the spread.
The Colts’ offense racked up 67.9 fewer yards per game than the Texans’ defense surrendered last year (311.6 to 379.5). The Colts earned 4.8 yards per play, while the Texans allowed 5.7.
When the Colts offense put together a game with more than the Texans’ average yardage allowed (379.5) last year, they were 4-2-2 overall and 4-4 against the spread.
The average points scored by the Texans last year, 17, was 8.1 fewer than the 25.1 the Colts conceded. When they went over what the Colts gave up last year (25.1 points per game), the Texans were 2-0 overall and 2-0 against the spread. The Texans’ offense gained 283.5 yards per game last season, 50.5 yards fewer than the 334 given up by the Colts’ defense. The Texans accumulated 4.7 yards per play, while the Colts conceded 5.2.
When the Texans offense put together a game with more than the Colts’ average yardage allowed (334) last season, the team was 2-6 overall and 2-6 against the spread.
Colts vs. Texans Injury Report
|Sam Ehlinger||QB||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Ryan Hayes||OT||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Julius Brents||CB||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Isaiah Land||LB||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Adetomiwa Adebawore||DE||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Arlington Hambright||OG||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Mike Boone||RB||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Case Keenum||QB||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Alex Austin||CB||Gameday inactive||Out|
Colts vs. Texans Betting Analysis
Colts Betting Insights
The Colts covered the spread six times in 17 games last year. The Colts won once ATS (1-6) as a 1-point favorite or more last year.
In 17 Colts games last year, seven went over the total.
Texans Betting Insights
The Texans had nine wins in 17 games against the spread last year. As 1-point underdogs or greater, the Texans went 9-7-1 against the spread last year.
Houston was an underdog 17 times last season and won three, or 17.6%, of those games. Last season, Houston won three of its 17 games, or 17.6%, when it was the underdog by at least -110 on the moneyline. There were seven Texans games (out of 17) that hit the over last season.
The Texans were underdogs in 17 games last season and won three (17.6%) of those contests. Last season, the Texans won three of their 17 games, or 17.6%, when they were the underdog by at least -110 on the moneyline.
Colts vs. Texans Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||42.9||42.8||42.9|
|Implied Team Total AVG||23.6||23.4||23.9|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-5-1||1-4||0-1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-7||1-2||2-5|
|Point Total AVG||43.2||44.5||42.1|
|Implied Team Total AVG||25.5||26||25.1|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-13-1||0-7-1||3-6|
Players to Watch
- Michael Pittman Jr. recorded 925 receiving yards and four touchdowns on 99 receptions (10th in the NFL), while being targeted 141 times last season.
- Isaiah McKenzie had 42 catches for 423 yards and four receiving touchdowns. He was targeted 65 times and averaged 2.8 receptions per game over 15 games played for the Bills.
- Alec Pierce recorded 593 receiving yards and two touchdowns on 41 receptions while being targeted 78 times last year.
- Deon Jackson scored one touchdown on the ground, while running for 236 total yards (3.5 per carry and 14.8 per game).
- Jackson also caught 30 passes for 209 yards with one receiving touchdown. He was targeted 34 times and averaged 13.1 yards per game.
- In 2022, Zaire Franklin recorded 166 tackles, 12 TFL, and three sacks over 17 games.
- DeForest Buckner had 74 tackles, 11 TFL, eight sacks, and three passes defended.
- Over the 2022 season, Grover Stewart had 70 tackles, nine TFL, and four sacks in 17 games.
- Kwity Paye’s season stats include 45 tackles, 10 TFL, and six sacks over 12 games.
- Davis Mills last season registered 3,118 passing yards with 17 passing touchdowns, 15 interceptions and a 61% completion percentage.
- Mills also helped the offense on the ground, scrambling for 108 yards (3.4 YPC) and two touchdowns.
- Devin Singletary compiled 819 rushing yards (4.6 yards per carry) for the Bills last season, and five TDs.
- As a pass-catcher, Singletary tallied 38 catches (on 52 targets) for 280 yards and one touchdown.
- Dameon Pierce scampered for 939 yards (72.2 yards per game) and four TDs.
- Dameon Pierce added 165 yards and one touchdown on 30 catches as a pass-catcher.
- Dalton Schultz was targeted 89 times with the Cowboys last season, leading to 57 receptions, 577 yards and five touchdowns in 15 games.
- Denzel Perryman helped carry the Raiders’ defense last year with 83 tackles, 13 TFL, one sack, and two interceptions in 12 games.
- With one interception to go with 74 tackles, six TFL, one sack, and five passes defended in 12 games, Christian Harris was an important contributor on defense last season.
- Jerry Hughes helped on defense with one interception to go along with 35 tackles, 10 TFL, nine sacks, and one pass defended in 17 games.
- With one sack to go along with one TFL, 52 tackles, and one interception, Steven Nelson made a big impact on D.
Colts vs. Texans Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this game is the Colts, and we expect that Colts will cover the spread (Colts -1). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 40 points.
How to Bet on Colts vs. Texans
You can bet this Colts vs. Texans pick at every legal online sportsbook.
Tip: If you want to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Colts vs. Texans picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.