SoFi Stadium is where the Carolina Panthers (1-4) will trade blows with the Los Angeles Rams (2-3) on Sunday, October 16, 2022.
Rams vs. Panthers Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 9.5 points, with bookmakers listing the Rams as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Rams have -435 odds to pick up the win, while the Panthers are listed at +350 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 41.5 points.
How to Watch Rams vs. Panthers Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, October 16, 2022
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Inglewood, California
- Stadium: SoFi Stadium
The Rams rank 26th in total offense (299.8 yards per game) and 11th in total defense (321.0 yards allowed per game) this year. While the Rams’ defense ranks 17th with 23.2 points allowed per game, they’ve been a little worse on offense, ranking fifth-worst (16.0 points per game).
The Rams rank 17th in pass offense (237.4 passing yards per game) and 13th in pass defense (214.6 passing yards allowed per game) this season. The Rams rank worst in rushing offense (62.4 rushing yards per game), but they’ve played better on defense, ranking 11th with 106.4 rushing yards allowed per game.
The Rams are putting up a 41.3% third-down conversion rate on offense this year (10th in NFL), and they are surrendering a 43.1% third-down percentage (22nd) on the defensive side of the ball. The Rams rank fourth-worst in offensive yards per play (4.8), but they’ve been better on defense, ranking 13th with 5.4 yards per play allowed. The Rams have forced seven total turnovers (13th in NFL) this season and have turned it over 12 times (31st in NFL) for a turnover margin of -5, the fourth-worst in the league.
The Panthers’ offense has been a bottom-five unit in total offense this season, posting 271.4 total yards per game, which ranks worst in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 21st with 356.2 total yards surrendered per contest. The Panthers rank 24th in the NFL with 18.6 points per contest on offense, and they rank 21st with 24.4 points allowed per contest on the defensive side of the ball.
The Panthers rank fifth-worst in passing yards per game (181.6), but they’ve been more effective on the other side of the ball, ranking 17th in the NFL with 218.4 passing yards allowed per contest. The Panthers’ rushing offense has been a bottom-five unit this season, compiling 89.8 rushing yards per game, which ranks fifth-worst in the NFL. On defense, they rank 27th with 137.8 rushing yards surrendered per contest.
The Panthers rank worst in third-down conversion percentage (24.2%), but they’ve been better on the other side of the ball, ranking 21st in the NFL with a 42.1% third-down rate allowed. In terms of yards per play, the Panthers rank 25th in the NFL (4.9) and 11th defensively (5.3 yards allowed per play). The Panthers have recorded five forced turnovers (23rd in NFL) and committed seven turnovers (18th in NFL) this season for a -2 turnover margin that ranks 22nd in the NFL.
Rams vs. Panthers Injury Report
|Laviska Shenault Jr.||WR||Hamstring||Out|
|Stantley Thomas-Oliver III||CB||Achilles||Out|
Rams vs. Panthers Betting Analysis
Rams Betting Insights
The Rams have gone 1-4-0 against the spread this season. The Rams have yet to cover the spread when playing as at least 9.5-point favorites (0-1).
This season, Rams games have hit the over once. The Rams went 10-5 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 66.7% of those games).
The Rams won all three games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -435 or shorter.
Panthers Betting Insights
The Panthers have covered the spread once over five games with a set spread.
Games involving the Panthers have hit the over twice this year. The Panthers have split the two games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
The Panthers have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +350.
Rams vs. Panthers Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||46.0||46.5||45.3|
|Implied Total AVG||25.2||26.0||24.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-1||1-1||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-2||0-1||0-1|
|Point Total AVG||42.0||41.6||43.5|
|Implied Total AVG||22.2||22.0||23.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-3||0-2||0-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-1||1-1||0-0|
Players to Watch
- Cooper Kupp‘s 527 receiving yards this season (second in the NFL) have come from 49 receptions (first in the NFL) on 64 targets. He’s averaging 9.8 catches and 105.4 yards per game, with four receiving touchdowns (fourth in the NFL).
- Matthew Stafford has thrown for 1,323 yards (10th in the NFL), five touchdowns and seven interceptions this year. He averages 264.6 yards per game and 6.9 per attempt, while completing 69.8%.
- Through five games played, Tyler Higbee is averaging 58.0 yards and 6.6 receptions per game to total 290 receiving yards and 33 catches (seventh in the NFL). He’s been targeted 48 times, but has not caught a touchdown pass.
- Darrell Henderson has rushed for 138 yards, averaging 27.6 yards per game and scoring one touchdown.
- Henderson has been targeted 15 times and turned those targets into 12 catches, 68 yards and zero TDs.
- Over on defense, Aaron Donald has 21 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and 4.0 sacks in 2022.
- Bobby Wagner has 39 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 2.0 sacks so far this season. He leads the Rams in tackles.
- Jalen Ramsey has collected 20 tackles, 1.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and one interception so far this year. He’s fifth on the Rams in tackles.
- Ernest Jones has 1.0 TFL and 35 tackles this year.
- Christian McCaffrey has rushed for two touchdowns this year, and has 324 total rushing yards (64.8 per game and 4.5 per carry).
- McCaffrey’s offensive contributions include 26 receptions (5.2 per game) on 34 targets for 188 yards (37.6 per game) and one receiving touchdown.
- Through five games, Baker Mayfield has 962 passing yards, with four touchdowns against four interceptions and completing 54.9% of his attempts.
- Mayfield also has one rushing touchdown and 40 rushing yards (second on the Panthers).
- In five games played this season, D.J. Moore has 17 catches (3.4 receptions per game on 7.4 targets per game) for 197 yards and one receiving touchdown.
- Robby Anderson has been targeted 27 times, resulting in 13 catches for 206 yards .
- So far in 2022, Frankie Luvu has 32 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and one interception over four games.
- Brian Burns has 21 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and 4.0 sacks. He is fourth on the Panthers in tackles.
- Damien Wilson has 21 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 2.0 sacks during the 2022 season.
- Shaq Thompson has totaled 34 tackles.
Rams vs. Panthers Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this contest is the Rams, and we project that Rams will cover the spread (Rams -9.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 41.5 points.
How to Bet on Rams vs. Panthers
You can bet on Rams vs. Panthers at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Rams vs. Panthers picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.