Mercedes-Benz Stadium is where the Atlanta Falcons (4-4) will match up against the Los Angeles Chargers (4-3) on Sunday, November 6, 2022.
Chargers vs. Falcons Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 3 points, with bookmakers listing the Chargers as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Chargers have -155 odds to pick up the win, while the Falcons are listed at +135 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 49.5 points.
How to Watch Chargers vs. Falcons Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, November 6, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Mercedes-Benz Stadium
The Chargers are compiling 368.3 yards per game on offense, which ranks them eighth in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 20th, surrendering 357.6 yards per game. With 27.0 points allowed per game on defense, which ranks second-worst in the NFL, the Chargers have been forced to lean on their 11th-ranked offense (23.4 points per contest) to keep them in games.
The Chargers rank 18th in pass defense this season (219.9 passing yards allowed per game), but they’ve been playing really well on offense, ranking fourth-best in the NFL with 279.4 passing yards per game. The Chargers are putting up 88.9 rushing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 27th in the NFL. On defense, they rank 27th, allowing 137.7 rushing yards per contest.
From an offensive standpoint, the Chargers rank 13th in the NFL with a 40.6% third-down percentage. Meanwhile, they rank 16th in third-down percentage allowed (41.0%). The Chargers are putting up 5.3 yards per play (19th in the league), while allowing 5.9 per play on the defensive side of the ball (26th in the NFL) this season. The Chargers rank seventh in the league with a +2 turnover margin after forcing 9 turnovers (18th in the NFL) and committing seven (third in the NFL).
The Falcons’ defense has been bottom-five in total defense this season, surrendering 415.8 total yards per game, which ranks second-worst. On the offensive side of the ball, they rank 25th with 320.8 total yards per contest. The Falcons’ defense has been bottom-five in scoring defense this season, conceding 25.6 points per game, which ranks fourth-worst in the NFL. On the offensive side of the ball, they rank sixth with 25.0 points per contest.
In terms of passing, this season has been tough for the Falcons on both sides of the ball, as they are averaging only 162.6 passing yards per contest (fourth-worst) and ceding 306.9 passing yards per game (worst). The Falcons’ run offense has been leading the charge for the team, as they rank fifth-best in the NFL with 158.1 rushing yards per game. In terms of defense, they are allowing 108.9 rushing yards per game, which ranks 11th.
The Falcons rank sixth in third-down conversion percentage (44.9%) on offense, but they’ve been worse on the defensive side of the ball, ranking third-worst in the NFL with a 47.1% third-down percentage allowed. The Falcons’ defense has been struggling in terms of yards surrendered per play, ranking second-worst at 6.3. They have been more effective on the other side of the ball, regstering 5.5 yards per play (13th-ranked). The Falcons have produced 11 forced turnovers (10th in NFL) and committed 10 turnovers (15th in NFL) this season for a +1 turnover margin that ranks 13th in the NFL.
Chargers vs. Falcons Injury Report
|Chris Rumph II||OLB||Hip||Out|
Chargers vs. Falcons Betting Analysis
Chargers Betting Insights
The Chargers have covered the spread in a game three times this season (3-4-0). The Chargers have an ATS record of 2-3 when playing as at least 3-point favorites.
This season, Chargers games have hit the over four times. The Chargers were favored on the moneyline 12 total times last season. They went 6-6 in those games.
The Chargers finished 4-5 last year (winning 44.4% of their games) when they played as a moneyline favorite of -155 or shorter.
Falcons Betting Insights
The Falcons are 6-2-0 against the spread this year. In games they were an underdog in by 3 points or more so far this season, the Falcons have gone 4-1 against the spread.
Falcons games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under five times this year. This season, the Falcons have been the underdog seven times and won three of those games.
The Falcons have a record of 1-4 when they’re set as an underdog of +135 or more by sportsbooks this season.
Chargers vs. Falcons Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||48.6||48.6||48.5|
|Implied Total AVG||26.6||26.8||26.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||4-2||2-2||2-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-1||0-0||0-1|
|Point Total AVG||45.6||45.0||46.1|
|Implied Total AVG||25.3||24.0||26.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-0||1-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-4||2-1||1-3|
Players to Watch
- On the ground, Austin Ekeler averages 4.5 yards per attempt (29th in the NFL) and 54.3 yards per game for 380 total rushing yards. He has recorded five rushing touchdowns this season.
- Ekeler has been targeted 61 times in the passing game and has 53 catches (7.6 per game) for 357 yards (51.0 per game) and three TDs.
- Justin Herbert has 2,009 passing yards (sixth in the NFL), 12 touchdowns (seventh in the NFL) and four interceptions this year. He has completed 65.9% of his passes, averaging 287.0 yards per game and 6.5 per attempt.
- Through seven games played, Mike Williams is averaging 70.7 yards and 5.3 receptions per game to total 495 receiving yards and 37 catches. He’s been targeted 59 times, and has three receiving touchdowns.
- Gerald Everett has 27 catches for 305 yards and two touchdowns. He’s been targeted 45 times in the air attack, and averages 3.9 receptions and 43.6 yards through seven games played.
- On the defensive side, Drue Tranquill has 55 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 2.5 sacks, and one interception in 2022.
- Derwin James has 62 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 2.0 sacks this season.
- Khalil Mack has totaled 24 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 5.5 sacks this year.
- Asante Samuel Jr. has one interception with 27 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and seven passes defended.
- Marcus Mariota has thrown for 1,432 yards this year, with 10 touchdowns and six interceptions. He is completing 62.9% of his attempts while averaging 179.0 yards per game and 8.0 per attempt.
- On the ground, Mariota has added three rushing touchdowns and 280 rushing yards (third on the Falcons).
- Cordarrelle Patterson has scored three rushing touchdowns, while totaling 340 rushing yards (5.9 per carry and 85.0 per game).
- This season in seven games, Tyler Allgeier has churned out 324 rushing yards (second on the Falcons) and scored one rushing touchdown. He averages 46.3 yards per game and 3.9 per attempt (46th in the NFL).
- In addition to his ground game, Allgeier has hauled in five passes (on five targets) for 71 yards (sixth on the Falcons), with one receiving touchdown. He averages 10.1 yards per game.
- Drake London has 346 receiving yards and two touchdowns from 30 receptions after receiving 49 targets.
- Rashaan Evans has 75 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and three passes defended in 2022.
- Mykal Walker has one interception on top of 59 tackles, 1.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and two passes defended.
- Richie Grant has 50 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one interception in the 2022 season. He is third on the Falcons in tackles.
- Grady Jarrett has 4.5 sacks (first on the Falcons) to go with 7.0 TFL and 27 tackles over eight games.
Chargers vs. Falcons Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this game is the Falcons, and we predict that Falcons will cover the spread (Chargers -3). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 49.5 points.
How to Bet on Chargers vs. Falcons
You can bet on Chargers vs. Falcons at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Chargers vs. Falcons picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.