The Indianapolis Colts (1-2-1) visit Empower Field at Mile High on Thursday, October 6, 2022 to clash with the Denver Broncos (2-2).
Broncos vs. Colts Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 3.5 points, with sportsbooks listing the Broncos as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Broncos have -165 odds to pick up the win, while the Colts are listed at +140 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 42 points.
How to Watch Broncos vs. Colts Live?
- Game Day: Thursday, October 6, 2022
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: AMAZON
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Stadium: Empower Field at Mile High
The Broncos rank 21st in total offense this season (335.8 yards per game), but they’ve been shining on defense, ranking fourth-best in the NFL with 284.8 yards allowed per game. The Broncos have the fifth-best defense this season in terms of points allowed (17.0 points allowed per game), but they rank third-worst on offense (16.5 points per game). The Broncos rank 18th in passing yards this season (226.3 per game), but they’ve been shining on defense, ranking fifth-best in the NFL with 170.8 passing yards allowed per game. The Broncos are compiling 109.5 rushing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 18th in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 18th, allowing 114.0 rushing yards per contest. The Broncos are averaging a 35.1% third-down conversion rate on offense this year (23rd in NFL), and they are allowing a 33.3% third-down percentage (eighth) on the defensive side of the ball. The Broncos are putting up 5.4 yards per play (16th in the league), while giving up 4.9 per play on the defensive side of the ball (seventh in the NFL) this season. With four forced turnovers (21st in NFL) against four turnovers committed (fifth in NFL), the Broncos (0) have the 16th-ranked turnover margin in the NFL.
With 339.8 total yards per game on offense, the Colts rank 19th in the NFL in 2022. On defense, they rank sixth, allowing 297.0 total yards per game. The Colts rank worst in points per game (14.3), but they’ve been better on the other side of the ball, ranking 13th in the NFL with 21.3 points surrendered per contest. The Colts rank 10th in the NFL with 252.0 passing yards per game on offense, and they rank 10th with 207.5 passing yards given up per game on defense. The Colts rank 27th in the NFL with 87.8 rushing yards per contest on offense, and they rank sixth with 89.5 rushing yards surrendered per contest on defense. With a 39.6% third-down conversion percentage on offense, the Colts rank 13th in the NFL. On defense, they rank 14th, allowing a 36.5% third-down rate. The Colts rank 24th in the NFL with 5.0 yards per play, but they’ve been lifted up by their defense, which ranks fifth-best by allowing just 4.8 yards per play. The Colts have not done well in terms of turnovers, as their turnover margin of -6 is third-worst in the NFL.
Broncos vs. Colts Injury Report
Broncos: FB Billy Turner: Questionable (Knee), CB Darius Phillips: Questionable (Hamstring), RB Javonte Williams: Out (Knee), WR Tyrie Cleveland: Questionable (Hamstring), OG Quinn Meinerz: Out (Hamstring), OLB Aaron Patrick: Out (Head), FB P.J. Locke: Out (Concussion), OLB Jonathon Cooper: Out (Hamstring), OLB Randy Gregory: Out (Knee)
Colts: LB Darius Leonard: Out (Concussion), DE Tyquan Lewis: Out (Concussion), FB Julian Blackmon: Out (Ankle), RB Jonathan Taylor: Out (Ankle)
Broncos vs. Colts Betting Analysis
Broncos Betting Insights
The Broncos have covered the spread one time this season (1-3-0). The Broncos are winless against the spread when they are 3.5-point favorites or more (0-2). Broncos games have gone over the total once this season. The Broncos were the moneyline favorite 11 total times last season. They went 5-6 in those games. The Broncos had a 4-1 record last year (winning 80% of their games) when they played as a moneyline favorite of -165 or shorter.
Colts Betting Insights
The Colts have covered the spread one time this season (1-3-0). The Colts have a perfect 1-0 ATS record when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs. Games involving the Colts have yet to hit the over once this season. The Colts won the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season. The Colts have played as an underdog of +140 or more once this season and won that game.
Broncos vs. Colts Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||44.9||45.3||44.5|
|Implied Total AVG||25.0||25.5||24.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-1||1-0||0-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-1||1-0||0-1|
|Point Total AVG||45.9||47.0||44.8|
|Implied Total AVG||25.5||26.0||25.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-2-1||0-1||0-1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-0||1-0||0-0|
Players to Watch
- Russell Wilson has 980 passing yards in four games this year, averaging 245.0 per game with a 61.1% completion percentage and four touchdowns against one interception.
- He has also rushed for 51 yards (fourth on the Broncos) and added one touchdown on the ground, while averaging 12.8 rushing yards per game.
- Courtland Sutton‘s 343 receiving yards this season (seventh in the NFL) have come from 35 targets and 24 receptions. He’s averaging 85.8 receiving yards and 6.0 catches per game, with one receiving touchdown.
- In the passing game, Jerry Jeudy, has totaled 183 receiving yards and two touchdowns after hauling in 11 balls on 21 targets. Per game, he’s averaging 45.8 yards and 2.8 receptions in four games.
- Melvin Gordon III has run for 139 yards, averaging 34.8 yards per game and scoring one touchdown.
- Gordon has been targeted 10 times and turned those targets into eight receptions, 49 yards and zero TDs.
- Over on defense, Josey Jewell has 23 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack in 2022.
- Bradley Chubb has 11 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 3.0 sacks this season.
- Dre’Mont Jones has collected 13 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 2.0 sacks this year.
- This season, K’Waun Williams has 16 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack.
- Matt Ryan has thrown for 1,125 yards this year (to rank fourth in the NFL), with five touchdowns and five interceptions. He is completing 66.2% of his attempts while averaging 281.3 yards per game and 7.3 per attempt.
- Jonathan Taylor has scored one rushing touchdown, while totaling 328 rushing yards (4.0 per attempt and 82.0 per game).
- Taylor also has nine catches for 44 yards (10th on the Colts). He has been targeted 16 times and averages 11.0 yards per game.
- In three games played this season, Michael Pittman Jr. has 20 catches (6.7 receptions per game on 9.3 targets per game) for 224 yards and one receiving touchdown.
- Mo Alie-Cox has 10 catches for 129 yards and two receiving touchdowns. He averages 2.5 yards per game through four games and has been targeted 14 times.
- So far in 2022, Zaire Franklin has put up 45 tackles and 2.0 TFL over four games.
- Bobby Okereke has 33 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one pass defended.
- Kwity Paye has 16 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 3.0 sacks in the 2022 campaign. He is fourth on the Colts in tackles.
- E.J. Speed has totaled 1.0 sack (second on the Colts) to go with 2.0 TFL and 16 tackles over four games.
Broncos vs. Colts Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this contest is the Colts, and we predict that Colts will cover the spread (Broncos -3.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 42 points.
How to Bet on Broncos vs. Colts
You can bet on Broncos vs. Colts at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Broncos vs. Colts picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.