The Baltimore Ravens (10-7) hit the field against the Cincinnati Bengals (12-4) in the AFC Wild Card round of the playoffs at Paycor Stadium on Sunday, January 15, 2023.
Bengals vs. Ravens Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 8.5 points, with oddsmakers listing the Bengals as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Bengals have -425 odds to pick up the win, while the Ravens are listed at +340 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 40.5 points.
How to Watch Bengals vs. Ravens Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, January 15, 2023
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: NBC
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Stadium: Paycor Stadium
From an offensive standpoint, the Bengals rank eighth in the NFL with 360.5 yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 16th in total defense (335.7 yards allowed per contest). On the defensive side of the ball, the Bengals have been a top-five unit, ranking fifth-best by allowing only 20.1 points per game. They rank seventh on offense (26.1 points per game).
The Bengals own the 23rd-ranked defense this year in terms of passing yards (229.1 allowed per game), and they’ve been better offensively, ranking fifth-best with 265.0 passing yards per game. The Bengals have been a bottom-five run offense this year, ranking fourth-worst with 95.5 rushing yards per contest. Defensively, they are ranked seventh in the NFL (106.6 rushing yards allowed per game).
The Bengals sport the 20th-ranked defense this year in terms of third-down efficiency (39.6% third-down conversion rate allowed), and they’ve been more effective offensively, ranking third-best with a 46.1% third-down percentage. The Bengals are gaining 5.5 yards per play (11th in the league), while surrendering 5.4 per play on the defensive side of the ball (15th in the NFL) this season. The Bengals own the sixth-ranked turnover margin in the NFL at +6, forcing 24 turnovers (11th in NFL) while turning it over 18 times (fourth in NFL).
The Ravens are compiling 338.8 total yards per game on offense this season (16th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 324.2 total yards per game (ninth-ranked). The Ravens’ defensive unit has been leading the way for the team, as they rank third-best in the NFL with 18.5 points allowed per contest. In terms of offense, they are generating 20.6 points per game, which ranks 19th.
The Ravens’ passing offense has been bottom-five this season, registering 178.8 passing yards per game, which ranks fifth-worst in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 26th with 232.1 passing yards surrendered per contest. In terms of rushing, the Ravens have excelled on both offense and defense this season, ranking second-best in rushing yards per game (160.0) and third-best in rushing yards allowed per game (92.1).
The Ravens’ third-down defense has been paving the way for the team, as they rank fourth-best in the NFL with a 34.9% third-down conversion percentage allowed. In terms of offense, they are generating a 41.7% third-down rate, which ranks 11th. In terms of yards per play, the Ravens rank 11th in the NFL (5.5) and 13th on defense (5.3 yards allowed per play). The Ravens have a +4 turnover margin this season, which ranks ninth in the NFL.
Bengals vs. Ravens Injury Report
Bengals vs. Ravens Betting Analysis
Bengals Betting Insights
The Bengals have covered the spread in a game 12 times this season (12-4-0). The Bengals have not covered the spread when playing as at least 8.5-point favorites (0-1).
Bengals games have gone over the total six times this season. The Bengals finished with a 5-3 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 62.5% of those games).
The Bengals played as a moneyline favorite of -425 or shorter in just one game last season, which they lost.
Ravens Betting Insights
The Ravens are 8-9-0 against the spread this season. In games they have played as 8.5-point underdogs or more, the Ravens have a perfect ATS record of 1-0.
Games involving Ravens have hit the over five times this season. This season, the Ravens have been the underdog five times and won two of those games.
The Ravens have played as an underdog of +340 or more once this season and lost that game.
Bengals vs. Ravens Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||44.9||46.4||43.8|
|Implied Total AVG||25.1||26.6||23.9|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||10-3||5-1||5-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-1||1-0||1-1|
|Point Total AVG||42.7||42.7||42.7|
|Implied Total AVG||24.0||24.5||23.6|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||8-4||5-2||3-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-3||0-1||2-2|
Players to Watch
- Joe Burrow has passed for 4,475 yards (fifth in the NFL), 35 touchdowns (second in the NFL) and 12 interceptions this year. He is averaging 279.7 yards per game and 7.4 per attempt, while completing 68.3% of his passes.
- To go along with his passing statistics, Burrow has 257 rushing yards (third on the Bengals), with five rushing touchdowns.
- Joe Mixon has recorded 814 rushing yards with seven touchdowns (58.1 yards per game across 14 games). His 3.9 yards per attempt rank 37th in the league.
- Mixon has 60 catches on 74 targets for 441 yards. He has two receiving TDs.
- In the passing game, Ja’Marr Chase, has totaled 1,046 receiving yards and nine touchdowns (sixth in the NFL) after hauling in 87 balls on 134 targets. Per game, he’s averaging 87.2 yards and 7.3 receptions in 12 games.
- Tee Higgins averages 4.6 receptions and 64.3 yards per game, and has 1,029 total receiving yards and 74 catches. He’s gotten 110 total targets, and has caught seven touchdown passes.
- Over on the defensive side, Logan Wilson has 121 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 2.5 sacks, and one interception in 2022. His tackle total leads the Bengals.
- Sam Hubbard has 60 tackles, 11.0 TFL, and 6.5 sacks this season.
- Germaine Pratt has put up 99 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and two interceptions this year. He’s second on the Bengals in tackles.
- This season, Vonn Bell has 78 tackles, 4.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and four interceptions. He’s third on the Bengals in tackles.
- So far this year, Mark Andrews has 73 receptions for 847 yards with five receiving touchdowns. He has been targeted 113 times and averages 4.9 catches per game in 15 games played.
- Kenyan Drake has 482 rushing yards (third on the Ravens) and four rushing touchdowns, while averaging 40.2 yards per game and 4.4 per carry (25th in the NFL).
- Drake has added 17 receptions (1.4 per game) for 89 yards (7.4 per game) with one receiving touchdown. He’s been targeted 26 times in the passing game.
- J.K. Dobbins has rushed for two touchdowns this year, and has totaled 520 rushing yards (65.0 per game and 5.7 per attempt).
- In addition to his ground game, Dobbins has hauled in seven passes (on eight targets) for 42 yards (13th on the Ravens), with one receiving touchdown. He averages 5.3 yards per game.
- Gus Edwards has 433 rushing yards (fourth on the Ravens) and three rushing touchdowns, while averaging 48.1 yards per game and 5.0 per carry.
- Roquan Smith has amassed 4.5 sacks (fifth on the Ravens) to go with 11.0 TFL, 171 tackles, and three interceptions over 17 games in 2022.
- Patrick Queen has two interceptions on top of 116 tackles, 9.0 TFL, 5.0 sacks, and six passes defended.
- Marlon Humphrey has 3.0 sacks in addition to his 3.0 TFL, 72 tackles, and three interceptions.
- Chuck Clark’s season stats include 104 tackles through 17 games. He is third on the Ravens in tackles.
Bengals vs. Ravens Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this matchup is the Bengals, and we predict that Ravens will cover the spread (Bengals -8.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 40.5 points.
How to Bet on Bengals vs. Ravens
You can bet on Bengals vs. Ravens at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Bengals vs. Ravens picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.