A pair of red-hot teams will put their winning streaks on the line at Levi’s Stadium on Sunday, December 4, 2022, when the San Francisco 49ers (7-4) try to prolong their four-game winning streak against the Miami Dolphins (8-3), who have won five games in a row.
49ers vs. Dolphins Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 4.5 points, with oddsmakers listing the 49ers as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the 49ers have -195 odds to pick up the win, while the Dolphins are listed at +165 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 45.5 points.
How to Watch 49ers vs. Dolphins Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, December 4, 2022
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Santa Clara, California
- Stadium: Levi’s Stadium
The 49ers rank 10th in total offense this season (358.5 yards per game), but they’ve been shining on the other side of the ball, ranking best in the NFL with 281.7 yards allowed per game. On defense, the 49ers have been a top-five unit, ranking best by allowing only 15.7 points per game. They rank 15th on offense (22.6 points per game).
The 49ers are averaging 234.2 passing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 10th in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 11th, allowing 202.3 passing yards per game. On defense, the 49ers have been a top-five unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking best by giving up only 79.5 per game. They rank 11th on offense (124.4 rushing yards per game).
On offense, the 49ers have been a top-five unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking fifth-best in the NFL by putting up a 45.7% third-down percentage. They rank 23rd on defense (41.6% third-down percentage allowed). The 49ers have been finding success on both offense and defense in terms of yards per play, ranking fifth-best in yards per play on offense (5.9) and best in yards per play allowed on defense (4.7). With 14 forced turnovers (14th in NFL) against 13 turnovers committed (13th in NFL), the 49ers (+1) have the 14th-ranked turnover margin in the league.
The Dolphins’ offensive attack has been paving the way for the team, as they rank third-best in the NFL with 386.7 total yards per game. In terms of defense, they are allowing 343.4 total yards per game, which ranks 17th. The Dolphins are compiling 25.6 points per contest on offense this season (sixth-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 23.3 points per contest (19th-ranked) on defense.
The Dolphins’ pass offense has been excelling, compiling 291.9 passing yards per contest (second-best) this season. Defensively, they rank 22nd by surrendering 233.8 passing yards per game. The Dolphins’ running game has not been getting things done, ranking fifth-worst in the NFL with 94.8 rushing yards per game. They have been more effective defensively, surrendering 109.5 rushing yards per contest (ninth-ranked).
From an offensive angle, the Dolphins are generating a 40.8% third-down conversion percentage (13th-ranked). They rank 24th in the NFL on defense (41.7% third-down rate allowed). The Dolphins’ offense has been paving the way for the team, as they rank second-best in the NFL with 6.3 yards per play. In terms of defense, they are giving up 5.5 yards per play, which ranks 17th. The Dolphins have a 0 turnover margin this season, which ranks 17th in the NFL.
49ers vs. Dolphins Injury Report
49ers vs. Dolphins Betting Analysis
49ers Betting Insights
The 49ers have covered the spread six times over 11 games with a set spread. In games they were favored in by 4.5 points or more so far this season, the 49ers have gone 4-2 against the spread.
49ers games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under four times this season. The 49ers put together an 8-6 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 57.1% of those games).
The 49ers went 6-2 in games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -195 or shorter (75%).
Dolphins Betting Insights
The Dolphins have put together a 4-5-2 record against the spread this season.
Dolphins games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under five times this season. This season, the Dolphins have won two out of the four games in which they’ve been the underdog.
The Dolphins have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +165 moneyline set for this game.
49ers vs. Dolphins Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||43||43.8||42.3|
|Implied Total AVG||23.7||24.4||23.2|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||6-3||4-0||2-3|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-1||0-1||1-0|
|Point Total AVG||47.5||47.6||47.3|
|Implied Total AVG||26.4||26.8||25.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||6-1||4-0||2-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-2||1-1||1-1|
Players to Watch
- Jimmy Garoppolo has 2,381 passing yards, 16 touchdowns and four interceptions this year. He has completed 67.4% of his attempts, averaging 238.1 yards per game and 7.8 per attempt.
- He has also rushed for 33 yards (seventh on the 49ers) and added two touchdowns on the ground, while averaging 3.3 rushing yards per game.
- Christian McCaffrey averages 4.4 yards per carry (27th in the NFL) and 57.6 yards per game, and has 634 total rushing yards. He has recorded four rushing TDs this season.
- McCaffrey’s 72 targets through the air have turned into 58 catches (5.3 per game) for 479 yards (43.5 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Through 11 games played, Brandon Aiyuk is averaging 59.3 yards and 4.6 receptions per game to total 652 receiving yards and 51 catches. He’s been targeted 73 times, and has six receiving touchdowns (seventh in the NFL).
- George Kittle averages four receptions and 50 yards per game, and has 450 total receiving yards and 36 catches. He’s gotten 51 total targets, and has caught four touchdown passes.
- On the defensive side, Fred Warner has 82 tackles, five TFL, three sacks, and eight passes defended in 2022.
- Nick Bosa has 32 tackles, 12 TFL, and 11 sacks this season.
- Talanoa Hufanga has recorded 65 tackles, three TFL, one sack, and four interceptions so far this year. He’s third on the 49ers in tackles.
- Dre Greenlaw has two TFL and 78 tackles this year.
- Tua Tagovailoa has passed for 2,564 yards this year, with 19 touchdowns (fifth in the NFL) and three interceptions. He is completing 69.7% of his attempts while averaging 284.9 yards per game and 9 per attempt.
- Tyreek Hill has put together a 2022 campaign that includes 87 catches (second in the NFL) for 1,233 yards (first in the NFL) and four receiving touchdowns in 11 games played. He has been on the receiving end of 115 targets and is averaging 7.9 receptions per game.
- Through 11 games played this season, Jaylen Waddle has 56 catches (5.1 receptions per game on 7.6 targets per game) for 963 yards (fifth in the NFL) and six receiving touchdowns (seventh in the NFL).
- Jeff Wilson Jr. averages 61.5 rushing yards per game over 11 games (677 total yards), with four rushing touchdowns.
- Wilson has also added 16 catches (1.5 per game) for 149 yards (13.5 per game) and one receiving touchdown. He has been on the receiving end of 24 targets.
- Jerome Baker’s 2022 output includes 60 tackles, three TFL, and 2.5 sacks in 11 games. He is second on the Dolphins in tackles.
- Jevon Holland’s stats include two interceptions as well as 55 tackles, 1.5 sacks, and five passes defended.
- Elandon Roberts has 70 tackles, four TFL, and 2.5 sacks in the 2022 campaign. He leads the Dolphins in tackles.
- Bradley Chubb’s season stats include 33 tackles, two TFL, and seven sacks through 11 games.
49ers vs. Dolphins Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this game is the Dolphins, and we predict that Dolphins will cover the spread (49ers -4.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 45.5 points.
How to Bet on 49ers vs. Dolphins
You can bet on 49ers vs. Dolphins at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s 49ers vs. Dolphins picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.