After losing four consecutive games, the Tennessee Titans (7-7) will try to stop the bleeding on December 24, 2022 at Nissan Stadium against the Houston Texans (1-12-1), who have dropped nine straight.
Titans vs. Texans Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 3 points, with sportsbooks listing the Titans as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Titans have -165 odds to pick up the win, while the Texans are listed at +140 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 35.5 points.
How to Watch Titans vs. Texans Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, December 24, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Nashville, Tennessee
- Stadium: Nissan Stadium
While the Titans rank 25th in total defense with 365.0 yards allowed per game, they’ve been a little less successful on offense, ranking fourth-worst (296.0 yards per game). On offense, the Titans rank 26th in the NFL with 18.2 points per game. Meanwhile, they rank 12th in points allowed (365.0 points allowed per contest).
The Titans rank fourth-worst in passing offense (174.4 passing yards per game) and worst in passing defense (284.2 passing yards per game allowed) this year. Defensively, the Titans have been a top-five unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking second-best by giving up only 80.8 per game. They rank 15th on offense (121.6 rushing yards per game).
The Titans rank 24th in third-down conversion rate this season (36.2%), but they’ve been shining on the defensive side of the ball, ranking best in the NFL with a 31.6% third-down percentage allowed. The Titans are putting up 5.2 yards per play on offense, which ranks them 20th in the NFL. On the other side of the ball, they rank 18th, giving up 5.6 yards per play. The Titans have forced 15 total turnovers (22nd in NFL) this season and have turned it over 16 times (ninth in NFL) for a turnover margin of -1, 16th-ranked in the NFL.
The Texans have plenty of room to improve, as they rank second-worst in total yards per game (278.4) and third-worst in total yards allowed per game (388.9). The Texans have been sputtering offensively, ranking third-worst in the NFL with 16.8 points per game. They have been better defensively, surrendering 24.6 points per contest (26th-ranked).
In terms of passing, the Texans rank 26th in the NFL (188.2 passing yards per game) and 19th defensively (221.4 passing yards allowed per contest). The Texans have been outplayed on both sides of the ball in terms of rushing this season, ranking fourth-worst in rushing yards (90.2 per game) and worst in rushing yards surrendered (167.5 per game).
The Texans’ third-down offense has been bottom-five this season, putting up a 29.0% third-down rate, which ranks second-worst in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 20th with a 40.2% third-down rate ceded. The Texans’ offense has been sputtering in terms of yards per play, ranking second-worst in the NFL at 4.7. They have been more productive on the defensive side of the ball, giving up 5.8 yards per play (26th-ranked). The Texans have a -4 turnover margin this season, which ranks 27th in the NFL.
Titans vs. Texans Injury Report
|Derrick Henry||RB||Not injury related||Questionable|
Titans vs. Texans Betting Analysis
Titans Betting Insights
The Titans are 8-6-0 against the spread this season. The Titans are winless against the spread when they have played as 3-point favorites or more (0-2).
This season, Titans games have hit the over five times. The Titans won 66.7% of the games last season when they were favored on the moneyline (6-3).
The Titans had a 4-2 record last year (winning 66.7% of their games) when playing as a moneyline favorite of -165 or shorter.
Texans Betting Insights
The Texans have compiled a 7-6-1 record against the spread this year. In games they have played as 3-point underdogs or more, the Texans have an ATS record of 7-5-1.
This season, six Texans games have gone over the point total. The Texans have entered the game as underdogs 14 times this season and won once.
The Texans are 1-10-1 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +140 or more on the moneyline.
Titans vs. Texans Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||43.1||42.4||43.7|
|Implied Total AVG||23.6||22.3||24.6|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-3||2-3||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-4||1-0||2-4|
|Point Total AVG||44.3||44.6||43.9|
|Implied Total AVG||26.5||26.3||26.7|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-12-1||0-6-1||1-6|
Players to Watch
- Nick Westbrook-Ikhine has brought down 22 passes on 43 targets for 370 total yards and three touchdowns. He is averaging 1.6 catches and 26.4 yards per game over 14 games played.
- Austin Hooper has 34 catches for 380 yards and two TDs. Through 14 games, he is averaging 2.4 catches and 27.1 yards per game.
- Through 14 games played, Chigoziem Okonkwo is averaging 26.7 yards and 1.8 receptions per game to total 374 receiving yards and 25 catches. He’s been targeted 36 times, and has two receiving touchdowns.
- Treylon Burks averages 3.1 receptions and 44.9 yards per game, and has 359 total receiving yards and 25 catches. He’s gotten 37 total targets, and has caught one touchdown pass.
- Over on the defensive side, Kevin Byard has 88 tackles and two interceptions in 2022. His tackle total leads the Titans.
- Roger McCreary has 75 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one interception this season.
- Andrew Adams has totaled 56 tackles and one interception this year.
- So far this season, Denico Autry has 19 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and 7.0 sacks.
- Davis Mills is averaging 6.5 passing yards per attempt (28th in the NFL) and 203.3 yards per game this year, completing 61.9% of his passes on the way to 2,440 total yards, 13 touchdowns and 12 interceptions through 12 games.
- He’s added 61 yards on the ground (third on the Texans), while scoring two rushing touchdowns. He’s averaging 5.1 yards per game and 2.7 per attempt.
- Brandin Cooks has 44 catches for 520 yards and one receiving touchdown. He has been targeted 71 times and averages 4.4 receptions per game through 10 games played.
- So far this season, Jordan Akins has caught 28 passes for 348 receiving yards with three touchdowns in the passing game. He has been targeted 40 total times and is averaging 2.3 receptions per game through 12 games played.
- Rex Burkhead is scoreless on the ground, but has rushed for 80 total yards (3.1 per carry and 6.2 per game).
- Burkhead has also tacked on 31 catches (2.4 per game) for 186 yards (14.3 per game) and one receiving touchdown. He has been on the receiving end of 42 targets.
- So far in 2022, Jalen Pitre has put up 118 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and three interceptions over 14 games.
- Christian Kirksey has one interception on top of 106 tackles, 6.0 TFL, 3.0 sacks, and four passes defended.
- Jonathan Owens has 109 tackles.
- Desmond King II’s season stats include 69 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and one interception in 14 games. He is fourth on the Texans in tackles.
Titans vs. Texans Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this matchup is the Titans, and we predict that Titans will cover the spread (Titans -3). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 35.5 points.
How to Bet on Titans vs. Texans
You can bet on Titans vs. Texans at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Titans vs. Texans picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.