A couple of AFC North foes clash on Sunday, January 1, 2023 at M&T Bank Stadium when the Baltimore Ravens (10-5) and the Pittsburgh Steelers (7-8) square off.
Ravens vs. Steelers Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 2.5 points, with bookmakers listing the Ravens as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Ravens have -140 odds to pick up the win, while the Steelers are listed at +120 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 35 points.
How to Watch Ravens vs. Steelers Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, January 1, 2023
- Game Time: 8:20 PM ET
- TV Channel: NBC
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Stadium: M&T Bank Stadium
From an offensive standpoint, the Ravens rank 17th in the NFL with 342.3 yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 10th in total defense (326.9 yards allowed per contest). Defensively, the Ravens have been a top-five unit, ranking third-best by allowing just 18.1 points per game. They rank 15th on offense (21.4 points per game).
The Ravens have been a bottom-five pass offense this season, ranking fifth-worst with 176.3 passing yards per game. On defense, they are ranked 24th in the NFL (239.3 passing yards allowed per game). The Ravens have been thriving on both sides of the ball in the running game, ranking second-best in rushing offense (166.0 rushing yards per game) and third-best in rushing defense (87.5 rushing yards allowed per game).
The Ravens rank 11th in third-down conversion rate this season (42.1%), but they’ve been shining on defense, ranking best in the NFL with a 32.6% third-down percentage allowed. The Ravens are putting up 5.5 yards per play on offense, which ranks them 13th in the NFL. On defense, they rank 14th, giving up 5.4 yards per play. The Ravens have forced 24 total turnovers (fourth in NFL) this season and have turned it over 16 times (third in NFL) for a turnover margin of +8, the third-best in the league.
The Steelers are compiling 319.9 total yards per contest on offense this season (23rd-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 338.0 total yards per game (18th-ranked). The Steelers rank fifth-worst in points per game (17.6), but they’ve been more productive on the other side of the ball, ranking 13th in the NFL with 21.3 points ceded per contest.
The Steelers are generating 204.5 passing yards per game on offense this season (24th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 232.4 passing yards per contest (23rd-ranked) on defense. From an offensive perspective, the Steelers are accumulating 115.4 rushing yards per game (18th-ranked). They rank sixth in the NFL on defense (105.6 rushing yards surrendered per game).
The Steelers rank eighth in the NFL with a 42.4% third-down conversion percentage on offense, and 17th with a 39.1% third-down percentage allowed on the defensive side of the ball. The Steelers rank fifth-worst in yards per play (4.9), but they’ve been more productive on the other side of the ball, ranking 18th in the NFL with 5.5 yards conceded per play. With 20 forced turnovers (13th in NFL) and 18 turnovers committed (11th in NFL) this season, the Steelers rank 11th in the NFL with a turnover margin of +2.
Ravens vs. Steelers Injury Report
Ravens vs. Steelers Betting Analysis
Ravens Betting Insights
The Ravens have put together a record of 7-8-0 against the spread this season. In games they have played as 2.5-point favorites or more, the Ravens have an ATS record of 3-7.
Ravens games have gone over the total four times this season. The Ravens finished with a 6-5 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 54.5% of those games).
The Ravens went 5-5 when playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -140 or shorter (50%).
Steelers Betting Insights
The Steelers are 8-6-1 against the spread this year. In games they were an underdog in by 2.5 points or more so far this season, the Steelers went 5-4-1 against the spread.
This season, Steelers games have hit the over six times. The Steelers have won four of the 10 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
This season, the Steelers have won three of their nine games, or 33.3%, when they’re the underdog by at least +120 on the moneyline.
Ravens vs. Steelers Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||43.4||43.7||43.1|
|Implied Total AVG||24.2||25.3||23.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||8-3||5-1||3-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-2||0-1||2-1|
|Point Total AVG||41.0||40.1||41.8|
|Implied Total AVG||23.1||22.0||24.1|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-2||2-2||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||4-6||1-2||3-4|
Players to Watch
- Mark Andrews‘ 747 receiving yards this season have come from 64 receptions on 104 targets. He’s averaging 4.6 catches and 53.4 yards per game, with five receiving touchdowns.
- Kenyan Drake’s rushing statline this season includes 422 yards and three TDs. He’s averaging 38.4 yards per game and 4.5 per attempt.
- Drake has 15 receptions on 21 targets for 70 yards. He has one receiving TD.
- In seven games, J.K. Dobbins has amassed 427 yards on the ground, averaging 61.0 yards per game and scoring two touchdowns.
- Dobbins has received eight targets in the passing game and has seven catches (1.0 per game) for 42 yards (6.0 per game) and one TD.
- Gus Edwards has rushed for 415 yards, averaging 59.3 yards per game and scoring three touchdowns.
- On defense, Roquan Smith has 146 tackles, 10.0 TFL, 4.5 sacks, and three interceptions in 2022. His tackle total leads the Ravens and is sixth in the NFL.
- Patrick Queen has 5.0 sacks (third on the Ravens) to go with 8.0 TFL, 105 tackles, and two interceptions.
- Marlon Humphrey has collected 70 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 3.0 sacks, and three interceptions this year. He’s fourth on the Ravens in tackles.
- Chuck Clark has 91 tackles on the season.
- Najee Harris averages 56.2 rushing yards per game this year (843 total yards), while scoring six rushing touchdowns.
- Harris has also been a piece of the passing game with 207 yards (13.8 per game) on 38 receptions (2.5 per game), while being targeted 49 times. He has two receiving touchdowns.
- In 11 games, Kenny Pickett has 2,041 passing yards, while throwing five touchdowns against nine interceptions and completing 65.2% of his passes.
- Pickett also has three rushing touchdowns and 234 rushing yards (third on the Steelers).
- Through 15 games played this season, George Pickens has 47 catches (3.1 receptions per game on five targets per game) for 700 yards and three receiving touchdowns.
- Diontae Johnson has 82 catches for 809 yards without a receiving touchdown. He averages 5.5 yards per game through 15 games and has been targeted 130 times.
- Alex Highsmith has 51 tackles, 9.0 TFL, 12.0 sacks, and one pass defended in 2022.
- Cameron Heyward has registered 8.5 sacks in addition to his 10.0 TFL and 63 tackles through 15 games.
- Minkah Fitzpatrick has intercepted five passes on top of 76 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 10 passes defended during the 2022 season. His interception total ranks third in the NFL.
- Devin Bush Jr.’s season stats include 77 tackles and 2.0 TFL through 15 games. He is second on the Steelers in tackles.
Ravens vs. Steelers Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this contest is the Ravens, and we project that Ravens will cover the spread (Ravens -2.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 35 points.
How to Bet on Ravens vs. Steelers
You can bet on Ravens vs. Steelers at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Ravens vs. Steelers picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.