An NFC West clash between the Seattle Seahawks (8-8) and Los Angeles Rams (5-11) is on the calendar for Sunday, January 8, 2023 at Lumen Field.
Seahawks vs. Rams Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 5.5 points, with bookmakers listing the Seahawks as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Seahawks have -255 odds to pick up the win, while the Rams are listed at +215 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 41.5 points.
How to Watch Seahawks vs. Rams Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, January 8, 2023
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: Lumen Field
The Seahawks are totaling 348.4 yards per game on offense, which ranks them 15th in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 27th, allowing 367.5 yards per game. Offensively, the Seahawks rank ninth in the NFL with 24.3 points per game. Meanwhile, they rank 24th in points allowed (367.5 points allowed per contest).
The Seahawks are compiling 233.0 passing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 12th in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 17th, allowing 217.0 passing yards per game. The Seahawks sport the 18th-ranked rushing offense this year (115.4 rushing yards per game), and they’ve been worse defensively, ranking third-worst with 150.5 rushing yards allowed per game.
In addition to a 43.2% third-down conversion rate allowed on defense, which ranks fifth-worst in the NFL, the Seahawks have posted the 18th-ranked third-down percentage (39.5%) on offense. The Seahawks are gaining 5.7 yards per play (eighth in the league), while allowing 5.6 per play on the defensive side of the ball (23rd in the NFL) this season. With 24 forced turnovers (sixth in NFL) against 21 turnovers committed (15th in NFL), the Seahawks’ +3 turnover margin ranks 10th in the league.
The Rams’ offense has been a bottom-five unit in total offense this season, posting 281.3 total yards per game, which ranks second-worst in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 17th with 337.3 total yards allowed per contest. From an offensive standpoint, the Rams are accumulating 18.2 points per game (26th-ranked). They rank 21st in the NFL defensively (22.8 points allowed per game).
The Rams are posting 186.6 passing yards per contest on offense this season (27th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing 227.3 passing yards per contest (22nd-ranked) on defense. The Rams’ rushing offense has been bottom-five this season, generating 94.7 rushing yards per game, which ranks fourth-worst in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 10th with 109.9 rushing yards allowed per contest.
In terms of third-down efficiency, the Rams rank 16th in the NFL (40.1% third-down conversion percentage) and 26th on defense (42.1% third-down rate allowed). The Rams’ offense has not been getting things done in terms of yards per play, ranking fourth-worst in the NFL at 4.8. They have been more effective defensively, surrendering 5.5 yards per play (18th-ranked). The Rams sport a -2 turnover margin this season, which ranks 20th in the NFL.
Seahawks vs. Rams Injury Report
Seahawks vs. Rams Betting Analysis
Seahawks Betting Insights
The Seahawks have covered the spread in a matchup seven times this season (7-9-0). The Seahawks are winless against the spread when they are 5.5-point favorites or more (0-1).
This season, Seahawks games have hit the over eight times. The Seahawks finished with a 4-5 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 44.4% of those games).
The Seahawks went 2-2 last year (winning 50% of their games) when they played as a moneyline favorite of -255 or shorter.
Rams Betting Insights
The Rams have put together a 5-9-2 record against the spread this season. In games they have played as 5.5-point underdogs or more, the Rams have an ATS record of 2-2-1.
Rams games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under six times this season. The Rams have been underdogs in 10 games this season and won two (20%) of those contests.
The Rams have a record of 1-4 in games where bookmakers have them as underdogs of at least +215 on the moneyline.
Seahawks vs. Rams Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||45.5||44.9||46.1|
|Implied Total AVG||25.1||24.3||25.9|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-3||1-3||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||6-5||3-1||3-4|
|Point Total AVG||42.2||42.1||42.2|
|Implied Total AVG||23.9||23.8||24.1|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-3||2-3||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-8||2-2||0-6|
Players to Watch
- Geno Smith ranks seventh in the NFL with 4,069 passing yards in 16 games this year, averaging 254.3 per game with a 70.2% completion percentage and 29 touchdowns (fourth in the NFL) against nine interceptions.
- He has also rushed for 315 yards (third on the Seahawks) and added one touchdown on the ground, while averaging 19.7 rushing yards per game.
- Kenneth Walker III’s rushing output this season includes 937 yards and nine TDs. He’s averaging 66.9 yards per game and 4.7 per attempt (18th in the NFL).
- He has caught 26 passes (on 34 targets) for 155 receiving yards with zero touchdowns. He’s averaging 11.1 receiving yards and 1.9 catches per game.
- In 16 games played, D.K. Metcalf is averaging 63.0 yards and 5.4 receptions per game on the way to 1,008 receiving yards and 87 catches. He’s been targeted 133 times, and has six receiving touchdowns.
- Noah Fant has 46 receptions for 466 yards and four touchdowns. He’s been targeted 59 times in the passing game, and averages 2.9 receptions and 29.1 yards in 16 games played.
- On defense, Cody Barton has 2.0 sacks (fifth on the Seahawks) to go with 2.0 TFL, 126 tackles, and two interceptions in 2022.
- Uchenna Nwosu has 9.0 sacks (first on the Seahawks) to go with 9.0 TFL and 61 tackles.
- Tariq Woolen has collected six interceptions (first in the NFL) and also has 60 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 15 passes defended.
- So far this season, Mike Jackson Sr. has 69 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one interception. He’s third on the Seahawks in tackles.
- In 11 games played this year, Baker Mayfield has totaled 2,016 passing yards, while throwing 10 touchdowns against seven interceptions and completing 60.8% of his passes.
- Mayfield has also rushed for one touchdown and 73 yards (fifth on the Rams).
- Cam Akers averages 48.7 rushing yards per game through 14 games (682 total yards), while scoring seven rushing touchdowns.
- Tyler Higbee has put up 587 receiving yards and three touchdowns on 68 receptions, while being targeted 101 times on the season.
- Van Jefferson has 308 receiving yards and three touchdowns from 21 receptions after getting 38 targets.
- Bobby Wagner has intercepted two passes to go with 133 tackles, 8.0 TFL, 6.0 sacks, and five passes defended in 2022.
- Jalen Ramsey has two interceptions on top of 79 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 2.0 sacks, and 15 passes defended.
- Ernest Jones has intercepted one pass on top of 109 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and two passes defended during the 2022 season.
- Leonard Floyd has totaled 8.0 sacks (first on the Rams) as well as 9.0 TFL and 54 tackles.
Seahawks vs. Rams Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this matchup is the Seahawks, and we expect that Seahawks will cover the spread (Seahawks -5.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 41.5 points.
How to Bet on Seahawks vs. Rams
You can bet on Seahawks vs. Rams at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Seahawks vs. Rams picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.