On Sunday, January 8, 2023, the Green Bay Packers (8-8) host the Detroit Lions (8-8) at Lambeau Field and will aim to continue a four-game winning streak.
Packers vs. Lions Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 5 points, with oddsmakers listing the Packers as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Packers have -225 odds to pick up the win, while the Lions are listed at +190 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 49 points.
How to Watch Packers vs. Lions Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, January 8, 2023
- Game Time: 8:20 PM ET
- TV Channel: NBC
- Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Stadium: Lambeau Field
From an offensive standpoint, the Packers rank 16th in the NFL with 340.9 yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 18th in total defense (337.4 yards allowed per contest). The Packers rank 14th in scoring offense (22.1 points per game) and 17th in scoring defense (21.9 points allowed per game) this season.
The Packers sport the 17th-ranked offense this season in terms of passing yards (215.3 passing yards per game), and they’ve been more effective on defense, ranking fourth-best with only 195.6 passing yards allowed per game. From an offensive standpoint, the Packers rank 13th in the NFL with 125.6 rushing yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 26th in rushing yards allowed per contest (141.8).
The Packers are putting up a 39.9% third-down percentage on offense, which ranks them 17th in the NFL. Defensively, they rank eighth, allowing a 37.9% third-down conversion rate. The Packers rank 13th in offensive yards per play (5.5) and 27th in yards per play allowed (5.8) this year. The Packers own the eighth-ranked turnover margin in the league at +4, forcing 24 turnovers (sixth in NFL) while turning it over 20 times (12th in NFL).
While the Lions’ defense has been sputtering, ranking worst by conceding 398.7 total yards per game, their offense ranks fourth-best with 383.6 total yards per contest. On the defensive side of the ball, the Lions are a bottom-five unit, surrendering 25.7 points per game (fourth-worst). On the bright side, they are dominating on offense, putting up 27.1 points per contest (fifth-best).
The Lions’ defense has been a bottom-five unit in pass defense this season, allowing 249.4 passing yards per game, which ranks third-worst in the NFL. On the offensive side of the ball, they rank eighth with 253.9 passing yards per contest. The Lions have been struggling in run defense, ranking fourth-worst with 149.3 rushing yards given up per game. They have been better on offense, regstering 129.7 rushing yards per contest (11th-ranked).
The Lions’ defense has been bottom-five on third down this season, ceding a 45.8% third-down conversion rate, which ranks third-worst in the NFL. On the offensive side of the ball, they rank 13th with a 45.8% third-down rate. The Lions rank sixth in yards per play (5.9), but they’ve been worse on the other side of the ball, worst in the NFL with 6.3 yards surrendered per play. After forcing 20 turnovers (16th in NFL) and turning the ball over 15 times (first in NFL) this season, the Lions sport the sixth-ranked turnover margin of +5.
Packers vs. Lions Injury Report
Packers vs. Lions Betting Analysis
Packers Betting Insights
The Packers are 8-8-0 against the spread this season. In games they have played as 5-point favorites or more, the Packers have an ATS record of 2-3.
This season, Packers games have hit the over eight times. The Packers won 10 of the 13 games they were the moneyline favorite last season (76.9%).
The Packers won all eight games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -225 or shorter.
Lions Betting Insights
The Lions have compiled an 11-4-1 record against the spread this season. In games this season when an underdog by 5 points or more, the Lions are 3-1 against the spread.
This year, Lions games have hit the over 10 times. The Lions have won five, or 45.5%, of the 11 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
The Lions have not won as an underdog of +190 or more on the moneyline this season in four such games.
Packers vs. Lions Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||44.3||42.6||45.9|
|Implied Total AVG||25.0||24.8||25.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-5||4-3||1-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-3||1-0||2-3|
|Point Total AVG||49.1||50.7||46.9|
|Implied Total AVG||26.5||27.3||25.4|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-2||3-1||0-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||5-6||2-3||3-3|
Players to Watch
- Aaron Rodgers has 3,490 passing yards, 25 touchdowns (seventh in the NFL) and 11 interceptions this year. He has completed 64.7% of his passes, averaging 218.1 yards per game and 6.8 per attempt.
- He has also rushed for 84 yards (third on the Packers) and added one touchdown on the ground, while averaging 5.3 rushing yards per game.
- Aaron Jones has put up 1,073 rushing yards (10th in the NFL) with two touchdowns (67.1 yards per game through 16 games). His 5.3 yards per attempt rank sixth in the league.
- Jones’ 68 targets in the passing game have resulted in 56 catches (3.5 per game) for 375 yards (23.4 per game) and five touchdowns.
- Through 16 games, A.J. Dillon has picked up 737 yards on the ground, averaging 46.1 yards per game and scoring seven touchdowns.
- Dillon has gotten 40 targets in the passing game and has 28 catches (1.8 per game) for 206 yards (12.9 per game) and zero TDs.
- Christian Watson has 36 catches for 507 yards and seven touchdowns. He’s been targeted 59 times in the air attack, and averages 2.8 receptions and 39.0 yards through 13 games played.
- Over on defense, Quay Walker has 114 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and 1.5 sacks in 2022. His tackle total leads the Packers.
- Preston Smith has 8.5 sacks (first on the Packers) as well as 9.0 TFL and 58 tackles.
- Rasul Douglas has totaled 71 tackles, 4.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and four interceptions so far this year.
- This season, Adrian Amos has 90 tackles, 7.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and one interception.
- Jared Goff is averaging 7.6 passing yards per attempt (seventh in the NFL) and 263.4 yards per game this year, completing 64.9% of his passes on the way to 4,214 total yards (sixth in the NFL), 29 touchdowns (fourth in the NFL) and seven interceptions through 16 games.
- Jamaal Williams has scored 15 rushing touchdowns, while totaling 994 rushing yards (4.0 per carry and 62.1 per game).
- So far this season, Amon-Ra St. Brown has caught 100 passes (seventh in the NFL) for 1,112 receiving yards with six touchdowns in the passing game. He has been targeted 137 total times and is averaging 6.7 receptions per game over 15 games played.
- D’Andre Swift puts up 39.8 rushing yards per game through 13 games (517 total yards), with five rushing touchdowns.
- Swift also has 328 receiving yards (25.2 per game) on 41 catches (3.2 per game). He has been targeted 63 times with three touchdown receptions.
- So far in 2022, Alex Anzalone has recorded 1.5 sacks to go with 5.0 TFL, 115 tackles, and one interception through 16 games.
- Aidan Hutchinson’s stat sheet includes three interceptions as well as 48 tackles, 7.0 TFL, 7.5 sacks, and three passes defended.
- Malcolm Rodriguez has recorded 1.0 sack as well as 6.0 TFL and 79 tackles in the 2022 campaign.
- Kerby Joseph’s stat sheet includes three interceptions as well as 68 tackles and six passes defended in 16 games
Packers vs. Lions Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this game is the Packers, and we expect that Lions will cover the spread (Packers -5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 49 points.
How to Bet on Packers vs. Lions
You can bet on Packers vs. Lions at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Packers vs. Lions picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.