The Seattle Seahawks (1-2) trek to Ford Field on Sunday, October 2, 2022 to take on the Detroit Lions (1-2).
Lions vs. Seahawks Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 3.5 points, with bookmakers listing the Lions as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Lions have -180 odds to pick up the win, while the Seahawks are listed at +155 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 47.5 points.
How to Watch Lions vs. Seahawks Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, October 2, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Ford Field
While the Lions rank fourth-worst in the NFL in total defense with 408.0 yards allowed per game, it’s been a different story offensively, as they rank third-best in the NFL (409.0 yards per game). The Lions have struggled on defense, ranking worst in the NFL (31.0 points allowed per game) this season. However, they rank second-best on offense, totaling 31.7 points per game. The Lions are putting up 238.7 passing yards per game offensively this year (16th in NFL), and they are allowing 265.7 passing yards per game (25th) on defense. The Lions have the 27th-ranked defense this season in terms of rushing yards (142.3 rushing yards allowed per game), and they’ve been better on offense, ranking third-best with 170.3 rushing yards per game. On offense, the Lions rank 15th in the NFL with a 37.2% third-down conversion rate. Meanwhile, they rank 24th in third-down conversion rate allowed (46.3%). This season, the Lions are gaining 6.0 yards per play (sixth in the league), while allowing 5.8 per play on the defensive side of the ball (23rd in the NFL). The Lions have the 13th-ranked turnover margin in the league at even, forcing two turnovers (28th in NFL) while turning it over two times (fifth in NFL).
The Seahawks’ offense has been bottom-five in total offense this season, registering 296.3 total yards per game, which ranks fifth-worst in the NFL. On defense, they rank 25th with 397.3 total yards surrendered per contest. The Seahawks have not been getting things done offensively, ranking fifth-worst in the NFL with 15.7 points per game. They have been better on defense, allowing 23.3 points per contest (20th-ranked). With 221.7 passing yards per game on offense, the Seahawks rank 21st in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 18th, giving up 240.3 passing yards per contest. The Seahawks have been unproductive on both sides of the ball in terms of rushing this season, ranking fourth-worst in rushing yards (74.7 per game) and third-worst in rushing yards surrendered (157.0 per game). While the Seahawks’ third-down defense has had trouble stopping opposing offenses, ranking fourth-worst by ceding a 48.6% third-down conversion rate, their offense ranks third-best with a 48.6% third-down rate. The Seahawks’ defense has been struggling in terms of yards allowed per play, ranking fifth-worst at 6.3. They have been more productive on offense, regstering 5.4 yards per play (14th-ranked). The Seahawks have registered four forced turnovers (12th in NFL) and committed five turnovers (19th in NFL) this season for a -1 turnover margin that ranks 21st in the NFL.
Lions vs. Seahawks Injury Report
Lions: WR Amon-Ra St. Brown: Out (Ankle), K Austin Seibert: Out (Right groin), RB D’Andre Swift: Out (Ankle), OG Jonah Jackson: Out (Finger), WR D.J. Chark: Out (Ankle), FB Tracy Walker: Out (Achilles), WR Josh Reynolds: Questionable (Ankle)
Seahawks: RB Travis Homer: Out (Ribs), CB Justin Coleman: Doubtful (Calf), FS Joey Blount: Questionable (Hamstring)
Lions vs. Seahawks Betting Analysis
Lions Betting Insights
The Lions have covered in each of the three opportunities they have had with a set spread this season (3-0-0). This season, each Lions game has hit the over. The Lions never played as the moneyline favorite in a game last season. The Lions never played a game last season with moneyline odds of -180 or shorter.
Seahawks Betting Insights
The Seahawks have covered the spread once in three games with a set spread. The Seahawks have an ATS record of 1-1 when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs. Seahawks games have gone over the total once this year. The Seahawks have split the two games they’ve played as underdogs this season. The Seahawks have entered two games this season as the underdog by +155 or more and are 1-1 in those contests.
Lions vs. Seahawks Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||49.5||48.5||51.5|
|Implied Total AVG||26.7||25.5||29.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-2||1-1||0-1|
|Point Total AVG||42.2||43.5||39.5|
|Implied Total AVG||24.0||24.0||24.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-1||0-1||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-1||1-0||0-1|
Players to Watch
- Jared Goff has 748 passing yards, seven touchdowns (sixth in the NFL) and two interceptions this year. He has completed 58.9% of his attempts, averaging 249.3 yards per game and 6.7 per attempt.
- Amon-Ra St. Brown has 23 receptions (sixth in the NFL) for 253 yards and three TDs. Through three games, he is averaging 7.7 catches and 84.3 yards per game.
- Jamaal Williams‘ output on the ground this season includes 168 yards and four TDs. He’s averaging 56.0 yards per game and 3.9 per attempt (37th in the NFL).
- In the running game, D’Andre Swift averages 8.6 yards per attempt (second in the NFL) and 77.0 yards per game for 231 total rushing yards (eighth in the NFL). He has scored one rushing touchdown this season.
- Swift’s 12 receiving targets have resulted in eight receptions (2.7 per game) for 77 yards (25.7 per game) and one TD.
- On the defensive side, Alex Anzalone has 1.0 sack (second on the Lions) to go with 1.0 TFL and 25 tackles in 2022.
- Malcolm Rodriguez has 22 tackles.
- Charles Harris has put up 11 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack.
- Aidan Hutchinson has 3.0 sacks (eighth in the NFL) as well as 2.0 TFL and seven tackles on the year.
- Geno Smith has thrown for 717 yards this year, with four touchdowns and two interceptions. He is completing 77.5% of his attempts while averaging 239.0 yards per game and 7.0 per attempt.
- Tyler Lockett has put together a 2022 campaign that includes 21 catches (ninth in the NFL) for 211 yards without a receiving touchdown over three games played. He has been on the receiving end of 26 targets and is averaging 7.0 receptions per game.
- So far this season, Will Dissly has caught eight passes for 77 receiving yards with two touchdowns through the air. He has been targeted eight total times and is averaging 2.7 receptions per game through three games played.
- D.K. Metcalf has been targeted 25 times, resulting in 16 catches for 135 yards .
- Jordyn Brooks has 32 tackles over three games so far in 2022.
- Cody Barton has 1.0 sack (first on the Seahawks) to go with 26 tackles.
- Uchenna Nwosu has 1.0 sack (first on the Seahawks) in addition to his 14 tackles.
- Al Woods’ season stats include 13 tackles and 3.0 TFL in three games.
Lions vs. Seahawks Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this contest is the Lions, and we predict that Lions will cover the spread (Lions -3.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 47.5 points.
How to Bet on Lions vs. Seahawks
You can bet on Lions vs. Seahawks at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Lions vs. Seahawks picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.