On Sunday, September 10, 2023, the Indianapolis Colts (0-0) host an AFC South battle against the Jacksonville Jaguars (0-0) at Lucas Oil Stadium.
Jaguars vs. Colts Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 5 points, with oddsmakers listing the Jaguars as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Jaguars have -225 odds to pick up the win, while the Colts are listed at +185 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 45 points.
How to Watch Jaguars vs. Colts Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, September 10, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
- Stadium: Lucas Oil Stadium
The Colts’ defense allowed 25.1 points per game last season, close to the 23.8 the Jaguars scored. The Jaguars were 6-1 overall and 6-1 against the spread when they scored more than 25.1 points last season.
The Colts’ defense gave up 334.0 yards per game last year, 23.4 less than the 357.4-yard average from the Jaguars’ offense. The Jaguars gained 5.7 yards per play and the Colts gave up 5.2.
When the Jaguars offense put together a game with more than the Colts’ average yardage allowed (334.0) last year, they were 6-4 overall and 6-4 against the spread.
The Colts averaged 3.6 fewer points per game last season (17.0) than the Jaguars allowed (20.6). In games when the Colts scored more than 20.6 points last year, they were 2-2 overall and 3-1 against the spread. The Colts’ offense gained 41.7 fewer yards per game than the Jaguars’ defense allowed last year (311.6 to 353.3). The Colts earned 4.8 yards per play, while the Jaguars surrendered 5.4.
In contests when the Colts offense accumulated more than the Jaguars’ average yard allowance last year (353.3), the team was 2-3 against the spread and 2-2-1 overall.
Jaguars vs. Colts Injury Report
|Chris Claybrooks||CB||Commissioner exempt list||Out|
Jaguars vs. Colts Betting Analysis
Jaguars Betting Insights
The Jaguars beat the spread eight times in 17 games last season. The Jaguars had no wins ATS (0-2) as a 5-point favorite or greater last season.
Out of 17 Jaguars games last year, eight went over the total.
Colts Betting Insights
Against the spread, the Colts were 6-11-0 last year. The Colts had two wins ATS (2-2) as a 5-point underdog or more last year.
Indianapolis was an underdog 10 times last season and won three of those games. Last season, Indianapolis won one of its four games when it was the underdog by at least +185 on the moneyline. In 17 Colts games last year, seven of them hit the over.
The Colts were underdogs in 10 games last season and won three (30%) of those contests. The Colts were 1-3 last season when entering a game as the underdog by +185 or more on the moneyline.
Jaguars vs. Colts Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||44.0||43.7||44.3|
|Implied Team Total AVG||24.1||23.6||24.4|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-2||1-2||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||7-6||4-1||3-5|
|Point Total AVG||42.9||42.8||42.9|
|Implied Team Total AVG||23.6||23.4||23.9|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-5-1||1-4||0-1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-7||1-2||2-5|
Players to Watch
- In 17 games played last year, Trevor Lawrence racked up 4,113 passing yards (ninth-best in the NFL), while throwing 25 touchdowns (eighth in the NFL) against eight interceptions and completing 66.3% of his attempts.
- He added 291 yards on the ground, while scoring five rushing touchdowns. He averaged 17.1 yards per game and 4.7 per attempt.
- Travis Etienne had 1,125 rushing yards (ninth in the NFL) and five rushing touchdowns, while averaging 66.2 yards per game and 5.1 per attempt (eighth in the NFL).
- Etienne also collected 316 receiving yards (18.6 per game) on 35 catches (2.1 per game). He was targeted 45 times and is still trying for his first receiving touchdown.
- Christian Kirk put up 1,108 receiving yards and eight touchdowns on 84 receptions while being targeted 133 times last season.
- Zay Jones had 82 catches for 823 yards and five receiving touchdowns. He averaged 5.1 yards per game over 16 games and was targeted 121 times.
- In 2022, Foyesade Oluokun had 2.0 sacks to go with 12.0 TFL and 184 tackles in 17 games.
- Rayshawn Jenkins had three interceptions on top of 112 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and 12 passes defended.
- Josh Allen had 57 tackles, 11.0 TFL, and 6.0 sacks in the 2022 campaign.
- Devin Lloyd registered 115 tackles and three interceptions over 17 games.
- Last season Michael Pittman Jr. reeled in 99 balls on 141 targets for 925 yards and four touchdowns.
- On 65 targets, Isaiah McKenzie had 42 receptions (2.8 per game) for 423 yards and four TDs in 15 games last year for the Bills.
- Last year Alec Pierce grabbed 41 balls on 78 targets for 593 yards and two touchdowns.
- Deon Jackson ran for 236 yards (3.5 yards per carry) and one touchdown in the ground game.
- Jackson had 30 receptions (1.9 per game) for 209 yards (13.1 per game) and one touchdown.
- Last season Zaire Franklin recorded 166 tackles, 12.0 TFL, and 3.0 sacks in 17 games.
- On defense, DeForest Buckner delivered 8.0 sacks to go with 11.0 TFL and 74 tackles.
- With 70 tackles, 9.0 TFL, and 4.0 sacks, Grover Stewart was an important contributor last season on defense.
- A significant player on defense, Kwity Paye had 45 tackles, 10.0 TFL, and 6.0 sacks.
Jaguars vs. Colts Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this matchup is the Jaguars, and we project that Jaguars will cover the spread (Jaguars -5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 45 points.
How to Bet on Jaguars vs. Colts
You can bet this Jaguars vs. Colts pick at every legal online sportsbook.
Tip: If you want to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Jaguars vs. Colts picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.