On Sunday, September 17, 2023, the Kansas City Chiefs (0-1) and the Jacksonville Jaguars (1-0) play at TIAA Bank Field.
Chiefs vs. Jaguars Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 3.5 points, with bookmakers listing the Chiefs as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Chiefs have -170 odds to pick up the win, while the Jaguars are listed at +142 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 50.5 points.
How to Watch Chiefs vs. Jaguars Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, September 17, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Jacksonville, Florida
- Stadium: TIAA Bank Field
The Chiefs averaged 8.6 more points last year (29.2) than the Jaguars allowed (20.6). In games where the Chiefs scored more than 20.6 points last year, they were 26-2 overall and 12-14-2 against the spread.
The Jaguars surrendered 353.3 yards per game last year, 60.3 yards fewer than the Chiefs generated (413.6). The Chiefs gained 6.4 yards per play, while the Jaguars gave up 5.4.
When the Chiefs offense put together a game with more than the Jaguars’ average yardage allowed (353.3) last year, they were 22-2 overall and 8-14-2 against the spread.
The Jaguars put roughly the same amount of points on the board per game last season (23.8) as the Chiefs allowed (21.7). The Jaguars were 14-4 overall and 14-4 against the spread when they scored more than 21.7 points last year. The Chiefs’ defense gave up 328.2 yards per game last season, 29.2 less than the 357.4 yards accumulated by the Jaguars’ offense. The Jaguars picked up 5.7 yards per play and the Chiefs conceded 5.1.
The Jaguars’ record last year when they racked up more than the Chiefs’ season average in total yards allowed (328.2): 16-8 overall, 16-8 ATS.
Chiefs vs. Jaguars Injury Report
|Lucas Niang||OT||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Neil Farrell Jr.||DT||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Lamical Perine||RB||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Nic Jones||CB||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Wanya Morris||OT||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Keondre Coburn||DT||Gameday inactive||Out|
|BJ Thompson||DE||Gameday inactive||Out|
|JaMycal Hasty||RB||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Parker Washington||WR||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Elijah Cooks||WR||Gameday inactive||Out|
Chiefs vs. Jaguars Betting Analysis
Chiefs Betting Insights
The Chiefs had six wins in 17 games against the spread last season. The Chiefs had an ATS record of 4-9-1 as 3.5-point favorites or greater last year.
Out of 17 Chiefs games last season, eight hit the over.
Jaguars Betting Insights
The Jaguars covered the spread eight times in 17 games last season. Against the spread, as underdogs of 3.5 points or greater, the Jaguars went 3-2 last year.
Last season, Jacksonville was the underdog 13 times and won seven, or 53.8%, of those games. Jacksonville was 4-3 last season when entering a game as the underdog by +142 or more on the moneyline. There were eight Jaguars games (out of 17) that hit the over last season.
The Jaguars were underdogs 13 times last season and won seven, or 53.8%, of those games. Last season, the Jaguars won four of their seven games when they were the underdog by at least +142 on the moneyline.
Chiefs vs. Jaguars Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||49.6||49.1||50.1|
|Implied Team Total AVG||28.6||29.3||28.1|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||13-2||7-0||6-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-1||0-1||1-0|
|Point Total AVG||44||43.7||44.3|
|Implied Team Total AVG||24.1||23.6||24.4|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-2||1-2||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||7-6||4-1||3-5|
Players to Watch
- Patrick Mahomes II threw for 5,250 yards last year (to rank first in the NFL), with 41 touchdowns (first in the NFL) and 12 interceptions. He completed 67.1% of his attempts while averaging 308.8 yards per game and 8.1 per attempt.
- Mahomes also rushed for four touchdowns and 358 yards.
- Travis Kelce put together a 2022 stat sheet that included 110 catches (third in the NFL) for 1,338 yards (eighth in the NFL) and 12 receiving touchdowns (second in the NFL) over 17 games played. He was on the receiving end of 152 targets and averaged 6.5 receptions per game.
- Jerick McKinnon averaged 17.1 rushing yards per game last season (291 total yards), while scoring one rushing touchdown.
- McKinnon helped in the receiving game, amassing 512 receiving yards (30.1 per game) on 56 catches (3.3 per game), while being targeted 71 times. He had nine receiving touchdowns.
- Isiah Pacheco scored five touchdowns on the ground, while running for 830 total yards (4.9 per attempt and 48.8 per game).
- Nick Bolton put up two sacks to go with nine TFL, 180 tackles, and two interceptions over 17 games in 2022.
- Drue Tranquill had one interception on top of 145 tackles, 10 TFL, 5.5 sacks, and four passes defended for the Chargers.
- L’Jarius Sneed had 3.5 sacks as well as five TFL, 108 tackles, and three interceptions in the 2022 season.
- Chris Jones had 15.5 sacks as well as 16 TFL and 44 tackles.
- In 17 games last year, Trevor Lawrence passed for 4,113 yards (241.9 yards per game) while recording 25 touchdowns, eight interceptions and a 66.3% completion percentage.
- In addition to the numbers he posted in the passing game, Lawrence added 291 rushing yards and five touchdowns.
- Travis Etienne ran for 1,125 rushing yards (5.1 yards per carry) and five TDs.
- Etienne had 35 receptions (2.1 per game) for 316 yards (18.6 per game) and zero TDs.
- Last year Christian Kirk caught 84 balls on 133 targets for 1,108 yards and eight touchdowns.
- Zay Jones received 121 targets last season and converted them into 82 receptions (5.1 per game) for 823 yards and five TDs.
- Last season Foyesade Oluokun recorded 184 tackles, 12 TFL, and two sacks in 17 games.
- Rayshawn Jenkins, who was on the field for 17 games, totaled one sack to go with three TFL, 112 tackles, and three interceptions.
- In 17 games, Josh Allen delivered 57 tackles, 11 TFL, and six sacks.
- With 115 tackles and three interceptions, Devin Lloyd made a big impact on D.
Chiefs vs. Jaguars Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this game is the Jaguars, and we predict that Jaguars will cover the spread (Chiefs -3.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 50.5 points.
How to Bet on Chiefs vs. Jaguars
You can bet this Chiefs vs. Jaguars pick at every legal online sportsbook.
Tip: If you want to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Chiefs vs. Jaguars picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.