The Las Vegas Raiders (1-0) visit Highmark Stadium on Sunday, September 17, 2023 to take on the Buffalo Bills (0-1).
Bills vs. Raiders Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 7.5 points, with sportsbooks listing the Bills as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Bills have -355 odds to pick up the win, while the Raiders are listed at +280 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 47 points.
How to Watch Bills vs. Raiders Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, September 17, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Orchard Park, New York
- Stadium: Highmark Stadium
The Bills, on average, scored 3.8 more points (28.4) than the Raiders allowed (24.6) last season. In games where the Bills scored more than 24.6 points last year, they were 18-2 overall and 12-8 against the spread.
The Bills’ offense averaged 397.6 yards per game last year, 32 more than the 365.6 the Raiders’ defense allowed. The Bills earned 6.1 yards per play, while the Raiders allowed 5.8.
When the Bills offense put together a game with more than the Raiders’ average yardage allowed (365.6) last year, they were 16-4 overall and 10-10 against the spread.
The Raiders averaged 5.3 more points last year (23.2) than the Bills surrendered (17.9). The Raiders were 12-14 overall and 16-10 against the spread when they scored over 17.9 points last year. The Raiders’ offense averaged 352.5 yards per game last year, 33.4 more than the 319.1 the Bills’ defense gave up. The Raiders earned 5.7 yards per play, while the Bills conceded 5.1.
When the Raiders offense put together a game with more than the Bills’ average yardage allowed (319.1) last year, the team was 10-12 overall and 14-8 against the spread.
Bills vs. Raiders Injury Report
|Kingsley Jonathan||DE||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Kaiir Elam||CB||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Alec Anderson||OT||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Amari Burney||LB||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Aidan O’Connell||QB||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Nesta Jade Silvera||DT||Gameday inactive||Out|
Bills vs. Raiders Betting Analysis
Bills Betting Insights
The Bills had eight wins in 16 games against the spread last year. The Bills had an ATS record of 5-5 as 7.5-point favorites or more last season.
The Bills had six of its 16 games hit the over last season.
Raiders Betting Insights
The Raiders covered the spread eight times in 17 games last season. As a 7.5-point underdog or greater, the Raiders had one win ATS (1-1) last season.
Las Vegas won two of the seven games it played as underdogs last season. Last season, Las Vegas was at least a +280 underdog on the moneyline three times, losing each of those contests. Out of the 17 Raiders’ games last season, eight went over the total.
The Raiders were underdogs in seven games last season and won two (28.6%) of those contests. Last season, the Raiders were at least a +280 underdog on the moneyline three times, losing each of those contests.
Bills vs. Raiders Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||47.8||46.2||49.5|
|Implied Team Total AVG||27.6||27.9||27.4|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||13-3||7-1||6-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Point Total AVG||46.3||46.6||46.1|
|Implied Team Total AVG||25.4||26.1||24.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||4-6||4-2||0-4|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-5||0-2||2-3|
Players to Watch
- Josh Allen threw for 4,283 yards last year (to rank seventh in the NFL), with 35 touchdowns (second in the NFL) and 14 interceptions. He completed 63.3% of his passes while averaging 267.7 yards per game and 7.6 per attempt.
- Allen also rushed for seven touchdowns and 762 yards.
- Stefon Diggs put together a 2022 campaign that included 108 catches (fourth in the NFL) for 1,429 yards (fifth in the NFL) and 11 receiving touchdowns (third in the NFL) over 16 games played. He was on the receiving end of 154 targets and averaged 6.8 receptions per game.
- Last season over 13 games, Latavius Murray churned out 760 rushing yards and scored six rushing touchdowns. He averaged 58.5 yards per game and 4.4 per attempt (25th in the NFL).
- Murray’s statistic output included 27 receptions (2.1 per game) on 35 targets for 132 yards (10.2 per game), but he did not scored a touchdown through the air.
- Gabriel Davis was targeted 93 times, resulting in 48 catches for 836 yards .
- In 2022, Matt Milano recorded 1.5 sacks to go with 12 TFL, 99 tackles, and three interceptions over 15 games.
- Leonard Floyd totaled nine sacks in addition to his 10 TFL and 59 tackles over 17 games with the Rams.
- Taron Johnson had 89 tackles, six TFL, and one interception in the 2022 season.
- Taylor Rapp’s season stats for the Rams last season include 92 tackles, two TFL, and two interceptions in 16 games.
- Last year Josh Jacobs ran for 1,653 yards (97.2 yards per carry) and 12 rushing touchdowns.
- Jacobs made a difference in the passing game too, grabbing 53 balls on 64 targets for 400 yards and zero touchdowns.
- In 17 games, Davante Adams was targeted 180 times, leading to 100 catches, 1,516 yards and 14 touchdowns.
- In 11 games for the 49ers last season, Jimmy Garoppolo delivered 2,437 yards (221.5 yards per game) with 16 touchdowns, four interceptions and a 67.2% completion percentage.
- With 33 rushing yards (1.4 YPC) and two rushing touchdowns, Garoppolo provided value on the ground in addition to through the air.
- DeAndre Carter received 65 targets last season with the Chargers, and converted them into 46 grabs (2.7 per game) for 538 yards and three TDs.
- Maxx Crosby hit the gridiron for 17 games, registering 12.5 sacks to go with 22 TFL and 88 tackles.
- Marcus Epps was on the field for 17 games for the Eagles last year, amassing 92 tackles, four TFL, and six passes defended.
- Nate Hobbs helped on defense with 72 tackles, three TFL, one sack, and four passes defended in 11 games.
- A significant player on the Steelers’ defense last season, Robert Spillane had 77 tackles, four TFL, one sack, and four passes defended.
Bills vs. Raiders Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this matchup is the Bills, and we expect that Bills will cover the spread (Bills -7.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 47 points.
How to Bet on Bills vs. Raiders
You can bet this Bills vs. Raiders pick at every legal online sportsbook.
Tip: If you want to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Bills vs. Raiders picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.