On Sunday, September 11, 2022, the Pittsburgh Steelers (0-0) hit the road for an AFC North bout against the Cincinnati Bengals (0-0) at Paycor Stadium.
Bengals vs. Steelers Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 6.5 points, with sportsbooks listing the Bengals as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Bengals have -275 odds to pick up the win, while the Steelers are listed at +230 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 44 points.
How to Watch Bengals vs. Steelers Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, September 11, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Stadium: Paycor Stadium
- The Bengals averaged 3.7 more points last season (27.1) than the Steelers allowed (23.4).
- When Cincinnati put up over 23.4 points last season, it went 8-2 against the spread and 9-1 overall.
- The Steelers’ defense gave up 361.1 yards per game last year, just 0.4 yards fewer than the 361.5 the Bengals’ offense averaged. The Bengals picked up 5.9 yards per play, while the Steelers allowed 5.5.
- Cincinnati was 6-3 against the spread and 7-2 overall when the team picked up more than 361.1 yards last season.
- The Steelers allowed opposing rushing attacks to average 146.1 yards per game last season, compared to the 102.5 yards the Bengals’ offense averaged on the ground.
- Cincinnati had a 3-0 ATS record and a 3-0 overall record when the team rushed for more than 146.1 yards last year.
- The Steelers’ average points scored last season (20.2) and the Bengals’ average points conceded (22.1) were within 1.9 points of each other.
- When Pittsburgh put up more than 22.1 points last year, it was 4-3 against the spread and 5-2 overall.
- The Steelers’ offense gained 315.4 yards per game last year, 35.5 yards fewer than the 350.9 surrendered by the Bengals’ defense. The Steelers accumulated 4.8 yards per play, while the Bengals allowed 5.5.
- When Pittsburgh totaled more than 350.9 yards last season, the team was 2-2 against the spread and 2-1 overall.
- The Steelers averaged 93.1 yards on the ground last season, just 9.4 yards fewer than the Bengals allowed to opposing rushing attacks (102.5).
- Pittsburgh had a 3-5 ATS record and a 5-2 overall record when the team rushed for over 102.5 yards last season.
Bengals vs. Steelers Injury Report
Bengals: No Injuries Listed
Steelers: No Injuries Listed
Bengals vs. Steelers Betting Analysis
Bengals Betting Insights
- The Bengals’ record against the spread last year was 10-7-0.
- As a 6.5-point favorite or more, the Bengals had one win ATS (1-2) last year.
- Cincinnati went 5-3 in games it was listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 62.5% of those games).
- When it played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -275 or shorter, Cincinnati had a 2-1 record (winning 66.7% of its games).
- In 17 Bengals games last season, eight hit the over.
Steelers Betting Insights
- The Steelers had eight wins in 17 games against the spread last year.
- The Steelers won twice ATS (2-1) as underdogs of 6.5 points or greater last season.
- Last season, Pittsburgh won five out of the 10 games in which it was the underdog.
- Last season, Pittsburgh won one of its two games when it was the underdog by at least +230 on the moneyline.
- The Steelers had six of its 17 games go over the point total last year.
Bengals vs. Steelers Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||46.0||47.4||44.4|
|Implied Total AVG||25.1||25.6||24.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-3||3-2||2-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||5-4||2-2||3-2|
|Point Total AVG||43.6||42.6||44.6|
|Implied Total AVG||24.2||23.3||25.1|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||4-2-1||4-2-1||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||5-5||2-0||3-5|
Players to Watch
- In 16 games played last year, Joe Burrow totaled 4,611 passing yards (sixth-best in the NFL), while throwing 34 touchdowns (eighth in the NFL) against 14 interceptions and completing 70.4% of his passes.
- On the ground, Burrow added two rushing touchdowns and 118 rushing yards.
- Joe Mixon averaged 75.3 rushing yards per game through 16 games (1,205 total yards to rank third in the NFL), while scoring 13 rushing touchdowns.
- Mixon also collected 314 receiving yards (19.6 per game) on 42 catches (2.6 per game). He was targeted 48 times and caught three touchdown passes.
- Over the course of 17 games played last season, Ja’Marr Chase had 81 catches (4.8 receptions per game on 7.5 targets per game) for 1,455 yards (fourth in the NFL) and 13 receiving touchdowns (third in the NFL).
- Tee Higgins had 74 catches for 1,091 yards and six receiving touchdowns. He averaged 5.3 yards per game over 14 games and was targeted 110 times.
- Trey Hendrickson had 34 tackles, 12.0 TFL, and 14.0 sacks in 2021.
- Vonn Bell had 0.5 sacks in addition to his 5.0 TFL, 97 tackles, and one interception over 16 games.
- Over the 2021 season, Logan Wilson had 100 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and four interceptions in 13 games.
- Sam Hubbard had 7.5 sacks as well as 12.0 TFL and 62 tackles.
- In 17 games last year, Najee Harris posted 1,200 rushing yards and seven touchdowns while averaging 3.9 yards per carry.
- In addition to the numbers he generated in the running game, Harris had 74 grabs (on 94 targets) for 467 yards and three touchdowns.
- Diontae Johnson was a key cog, racking up 1,161 receiving yards and eight touchdowns on 107 catches.
- Chase Claypool was an integral part of the aerial attack last year, accumulating 59 catches for 860 yards and two touchdowns.
- Pat Freiermuth was targeted 79 times leading to 60 receptions, 497 yards and seven touchdowns in 16 games.
- On defense T.J. Watt, who was on the field for 15 games, recorded 64 tackles, 21.0 TFL, and 22.5 sacks.
- On defense, Cameron Heyward compiled 10.0 sacks to go with 15.0 TFL, 89 tackles, and one interception.
- In 16 games, Minkah Fitzpatrick compiled 124 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and two interceptions.
- With 6.0 sacks to go along with 15.0 TFL and 74 tackles, Alex Highsmith made a big impact on D.
Bengals vs. Steelers Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this matchup is the Bengals, and we project that Bengals will cover the spread (Bengals -6.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 44 points.
How to Bet on Bengals vs. Steelers
You can bet on Bengals vs. Steelers at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Bengals vs. Steelers picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.