When the San Francisco 49ers (11-4) visit the Las Vegas Raiders (6-9) on Sunday, January 1, 2023 at Allegiant Stadium, they will be attempting to continue their eight-game winning streak.
49ers vs. Raiders Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 9 points, with sportsbooks listing the 49ers as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the 49ers have -435 odds to pick up the win, while the Raiders are listed at +350 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 42.5 points.
How to Watch 49ers vs. Raiders Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, January 1, 2023
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Paradise, Nevada
- Stadium: Allegiant Stadium
The 49ers rank ninth in total offense this season (363.4 yards per game), but they’ve been thriving on the other side of the ball, ranking best in the NFL with 290.3 yards allowed per game. The 49ers own the eighth-ranked offense this year (25.0 points per game), and they’ve been better on the other side of the ball, ranking best with only 15.3 points allowed per game.
The 49ers rank 12th in pass offense (228.7 passing yards per game) and 16th in pass defense (215.3 passing yards allowed per game) this year. The 49ers rank ninth in rushing yards this year (134.7 rushing yards per game), but they’ve been thriving on the defensive side of the ball, ranking best in the NFL with 75.0 rushing yards allowed per game.
The 49ers are putting up a 44.7% third-down percentage on offense (sixth in the NFL), and they rank 14th defensively with a 38.9% third-down percentage allowed. The 49ers have been clicking on all fronts in terms of yards per play this season, as they rank fifth-best in offensive yards per play (5.9) and best in yards per play allowed on defense (4.8). The 49ers have the third-best turnover margin in the league at +8, forcing 24 turnovers (fourth in NFL) while turning it over 16 times (third in NFL).
The Raiders rank 14th with 347.6 total yards per contest on offense, and they rank 25th with 360.9 total yards given up per game on the defensive side of the ball. The Raiders are posting 23.2 points per game on offense this season (12th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing 23.3 points per contest (23rd-ranked) on defense.
In terms of passing, the Raiders rank 14th in the NFL (225.9 passing yards per game) and 27th on the other side of the ball (244.3 passing yards allowed per contest). The Raiders are accumulating 121.7 rushing yards per contest on offense this season (15th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up 116.6 rushing yards per game (15th-ranked) on defense.
The Raiders are generating a 39.0% third-down conversion percentage on offense this season (18th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing a 40.7% third-down rate (22nd-ranked) on defense. From an offensive standpoint, the Raiders are compiling 5.7 yards per play (eighth-ranked). They rank 20th in the NFL on defense (5.6 yards given up per play). The Raiders have forced 12 turnovers this season and have turned it over 17 times, resulting in a -5 turnover margin that is fifth-worst in the NFL.
49ers vs. Raiders Injury Report
|Derek Carr||QB||Not injury related||Out|
49ers vs. Raiders Betting Analysis
49ers Betting Insights
The 49ers are 10-5-0 against the spread this season. The 49ers have a perfect 1-0 ATS record when playing as at least 9-point favorites.
This season, 49ers games have hit the over seven times. The 49ers won 57.1% of the games last season when they were the moneyline favorite (8-6).
The 49ers played as a moneyline favorite of -435 or shorter in just two games last season, and they won both.
Raiders Betting Insights
The Raiders have put together a 7-8-0 record against the spread this season.
Raiders games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under seven times this year. The Raiders have been underdogs in five games this season and won two (40%) of those contests.
The Raiders have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +350 moneyline set for this game.
49ers vs. Raiders Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||42.5||42.6||42.4|
|Implied Total AVG||23.5||23.9||23.1|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||10-3||7-0||3-3|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-1||0-1||1-0|
|Point Total AVG||46.3||46.7||46.1|
|Implied Total AVG||25.1||25.5||24.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||4-6||4-2||0-4|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-3||0-0||2-3|
Players to Watch
- Christian McCaffrey has put up 973 rushing yards (10th in the NFL) with seven touchdowns (64.9 yards per game across 15 games). His 4.5 yards per attempt rank 22nd in the NFL.
- McCaffrey has been targeted 95 times in the passing game and has 76 catches (5.1 per game) for 635 yards (42.3 per game) and four TDs.
- Brandon Aiyuk has caught 65 passes on 96 targets for 855 total yards and seven touchdowns. He is averaging 4.3 catches and 57.0 yards per game in 15 games.
- George Kittle has eight touchdown catches this season (fifth in the NFL), and has 52 catches for 713 yards on 72 targets, while averaging 4.0 catches and 54.8 yards per game.
- Brock Purdy has passed for 912 yards, eight touchdowns and three interceptions this year. He averages 130.3 yards per game and 7.9 per attempt, while completing 67.0%.
- To go along with his passing stats, Purdy also has 9 yards on the ground (11th on the 49ers), with one rushing touchdown.
- On defense, Nick Bosa has 47 tackles, 17.0 TFL, and 17.0 sacks in 2022.
- Fred Warner has 3.0 sacks (fourth on the 49ers) as well as 5.0 TFL, 114 tackles, and one interception.
- Dre Greenlaw has totaled 116 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one interception so far this year.
- So far this season, Talanoa Hufanga has 82 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 2.0 sacks, and four interceptions. He’s third on the 49ers in tackles.
- So far this year through 15 games, Josh Jacobs has racked up 1,539 rushing yards (leading the Raiders and first in the NFL) and scored 11 rushing touchdowns. He averages 102.6 yards per game and 5.0 per attempt (ninth in the NFL).
- Jacobs’ contributions include 47 receptions (3.1 per game) on 57 targets for 369 yards (24.6 per game), but he has not scored a touchdown through the air.
- Davante Adams has 88 catches (10th in the NFL) for 1,290 yards (sixth in the NFL) and 12 receiving touchdowns (first in the NFL). He has been targeted 160 times and averages 5.9 receptions per game through 15 games played.
- Mack Hollins has registered 635 receiving yards and four touchdowns on 52 receptions, while being targeted 86 times on the season.
- Foster Moreau has 355 receiving yards and two touchdowns from 29 receptions after getting 51 targets.
- In 2022, Maxx Crosby has 81 tackles, 15.0 TFL, and 11.5 sacks through 15 games.
- Duron Harmon has two interceptions on top of 70 tackles and five passes defended.
- In the 2022 campaign, Nate Hobbs has 63 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack in nine games.
- Amik Robertson has totaled 1.0 sack (fourth on the Raiders) to go with 1.0 TFL, 33 tackles, and one interception through 15 games.
49ers vs. Raiders Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this game is the 49ers, and we project that 49ers will cover the spread (49ers -9). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 42.5 points.
How to Bet on 49ers vs. Raiders
You can bet on 49ers vs. Raiders at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s 49ers vs. Raiders picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.