The NFC West and NFC South leaders clash on Sunday, December 11, 2022, when the San Francisco 49ers (8-4) slug it out with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (6-6) at Levi’s Stadium.
49ers vs. Buccaneers Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 3.5 points, with sportsbooks listing the 49ers as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the 49ers have -175 odds to pick up the win, while the Buccaneers are listed at +150 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 37 points.
How to Watch 49ers vs. Buccaneers Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, December 11, 2022
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Santa Clara, California
- Stadium: Levi’s Stadium
Defensively, the 49ers have been a top-five unit, ranking best by surrendering only 283.9 yards per game. They rank 10th on offense (357.9 yards per game). The 49ers rank 13th in points scored this year (23.5 points per game), but they’ve been shining on the other side of the ball, ranking best in the NFL with 15.8 points allowed per game.
The 49ers rank 11th in pass offense (233.8 passing yards per game) and 12th in pass defense (208.3 passing yards allowed per game) this year. On the defensive side of the ball, the 49ers have been a top-five unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking best by surrendering just 75.6 per game. They rank 14th on offense (124.1 rushing yards per game).
The 49ers rank 16th in third-down defense this year (39.7% third-down percentage allowed), but they’ve been playing really well on offense, ranking fifth-best in the NFL with a 45.2% third-down percentage. The 49ers are putting up 5.7 yards per play on offense (eighth in the league), while sporting the second-best yards per play on defense in the NFL (4.8) this season. The 49ers have the fifth-best turnover margin in the NFL at +4, forcing 18 turnovers (eighth in NFL) while turning it over 14 times (12th in NFL).
With 340.0 total yards per game on the offensive side of the ball, the Buccaneers rank 17th in the NFL in 2022. Defensively, they rank eighth, surrendering 313.8 total yards per game. The Buccaneers have been keeping opposing offenses in check on the defensive side of the ball, surrendering only 18.3 points per game (fifth-best). Offensively, they rank 27th by piling up 18.1 points per game.
The Buccaneers’ pass defense ranks seventh in the NFL with 195.2 passing yards given up per game, but they’ve been bolstered by their offense, which ranks fifth-best by accumulating 266.8 passing yards per contest. The Buccaneers’ running game has been struggling, ranking worst in the NFL with 73.3 rushing yards per game. They have been more effective defensively, surrendering 118.6 rushing yards per contest (18th-ranked).
The Buccaneers rank 19th in the NFL with a 39.3% third-down conversion percentage on offense, and ninth with a 37.3% third-down percentage allowed on defense. With 5.0 yards per play on offense, the Buccaneers rank 25th in the NFL. Defensively they rank sixth, allowing 5.0 yards per play. The Buccaneers have a 0 turnover margin this season, which ranks 17th in the NFL.
49ers vs. Buccaneers Injury Report
|Tristan Wirfs||OT||Lower leg||Questionable|
49ers vs. Buccaneers Betting Analysis
49ers Betting Insights
The 49ers are 7-5-0 against the spread this season. The 49ers have an ATS record of 5-3 when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites.
49ers games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under five times this season. The 49ers finished with an 8-6 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 57.1% of those games).
When playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -175 or shorter, the 49ers had a record of 6-4 (60%).
Buccaneers Betting Insights
The Buccaneers have covered the spread three times over 12 games with a set spread.
Games involving the Buccaneers have hit the over twice this year. The Buccaneers have not played a game this season while listed as the underdog.
The Buccaneers have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +150 moneyline set for this game.
49ers vs. Buccaneers Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||43.3||44.2||42.3|
|Implied Total AVG||23.9||24.7||23.2|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||7-3||5-0||2-3|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-1||0-1||1-0|
|Point Total AVG||44.2||44.3||44.0|
|Implied Total AVG||24.6||24.1||25.2|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||6-6||4-3||2-3|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
Players to Watch
- Christian McCaffrey has collected 700 rushing yards with four touchdowns (58.3 yards per game across 12 games). His 4.4 yards per attempt rank 27th in the league.
- He’s caught 66 passes (on 82 targets) for 559 receiving yards with three touchdowns. He’s averaging 46.6 receving yards and 5.5 catches per game.
- Brandon Aiyuk‘s 698 receiving yards this season have come from 82 targets and 56 receptions. He’s averaging 58.2 receiving yards and 4.7 catches per game, with six receiving touchdowns (ninth in the NFL).
- Through 11 games played, Deebo Samuel is averaging 51.7 yards and 4.5 receptions per game on the way to 569 receiving yards and 50 catches. He’s been targeted 87 times, and has two receiving touchdowns.
- George Kittle averages 3.8 receptions and 47.2 yards per game, and has 472 total receiving yards and 38 catches. He’s gotten 54 total targets, and has caught four touchdown passes.
- On defense, Nick Bosa has 35 tackles, 14.0 TFL, and 14.0 sacks in 2022.
- Fred Warner has 3.0 sacks (third on the 49ers) as well as 5.0 TFL, 85 tackles, and one interception.
- Talanoa Hufanga has put up four interceptions (fourth in the NFL) and also has 66 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and seven passes defended.
- Dre Greenlaw has 86 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and three passes defended.
- Tom Brady is averaging 6.4 passing yards per attempt (29th in the NFL) and 277.7 yards per game this year, completing 66.2% of his passes on the way to 3,332 total yards (fifth in the NFL), 16 touchdowns and three interceptions through 12 games.
- Leonard Fournette has scored three rushing touchdowns, while totaling 511 rushing yards (3.5 per attempt and 46.5 per game).
- Fournette also has 49 catches for 347 yards (third on the Buccaneers), with three receiving touchdowns. He has been targeted 57 times and averages 31.5 yards per game.
- Mike Evans has recorded 761 receiving yards and three touchdowns on 55 receptions, while being targeted 89 times on the season.
- Chris Godwin has been targeted 99 times, resulting in 68 catches for 648 yards .
- So far in 2022, Devin White has 5.5 sacks to go with 6.0 TFL and 94 tackles over 12 games.
- Lavonte David has registered 2.0 sacks in addition to his 5.0 TFL and 89 tackles through 12 games.
- During the 2022 season, Vita Vea has 29 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and 6.5 sacks through 12 games.
- Jamel Dean has registered 1.0 TFL, 48 tackles, and two interceptions through 12 games.
49ers vs. Buccaneers Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this matchup is the 49ers, and we expect that 49ers will cover the spread (49ers -3.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 37 points.
How to Bet on 49ers vs. Buccaneers
You can bet on 49ers vs. Buccaneers at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s 49ers vs. Buccaneers picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.