The UTEP Miners (1-2) and New Mexico Lobos (1-1) will face each other in a matchup at University Stadium (NM) in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
UTEP vs. New Mexico Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 1.5 points, with bookmakers listing UTEP as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, UTEP has -135 odds to pick up the win, while New Mexico is listed at +109 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 38.5 points.
Get a No Sweat First Bet up to $1,000
How to Watch UTEP vs. New Mexico Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 17, 2022
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: MW Network
- Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Stadium: University Stadium (NM)
- UTEP racked up 3.3 fewer points per game (25.1) than New Mexico allowed (28.4) last season.
- The Miners were 2-1 against the spread and 3-0 overall last season when the team put up more than 28.4 points.
- UTEP averaged 29.1 more yards per game (392.2) than New Mexico gave up per outing (363.1) last season.
- The Miners were 5-3 against the spread and 5-3 overall when the team piled up more than 363.1 yards last season.
- Last season, UTEP ran for just 3.4 fewer yards (140.1) than New Mexico allowed per outing (143.5).
- The Miners had a 2-1 ATS record and a 3-0 overall record when the team rushed for over 143.5 yards last season.
- New Mexico racked up 12.2 points per game last year, 13.0 fewer than UTEP allowed (25.2).
- The Lobos were 0-2 against the spread and 2-0 overall in games when they scored more than 25.2 points last year.
- New Mexico racked up 114.4 fewer yards per game (234.4) than UTEP gave up (348.8) per matchup last year.
- Last season New Mexico rushed for 18.4 fewer yards per game (120.7) than UTEP allowed per contest (139.1).
- The Lobos had a 1-3 ATS record and a 2-2 overall record when the team rushed for over 139.1 yards last year.
UTEP vs. New Mexico Betting Analysis
UTEP Betting Insights
- UTEP’s record against the spread last season was 8-5-0.
- As 1.5-point or greater favorites, UTEP went 3-1 against the spread last season.
- The Miners won all five of the games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season.
- The Miners won all four games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -135 or shorter.
- Last season, eight of UTEP’s 13 games hit the over.
Lobos Betting Insights
- New Mexico had only one win against the spread last season.
- New Mexico had one win ATS (1-7) as underdogs of 1.5 points or greater last year.
- The Lobos won one of the eight games they played as underdogs last season.
- The Lobos were 1-6 last season when entering a game as the underdog by +109 or more on the moneyline.
- In 12 New Mexico games last year, three of them hit the over.
UTEP vs. New Mexico Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||52.4||52.0||52.8|
|Implied Total AVG||31.4||30.8||31.9|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-0||3-0||2-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-6||2-1||0-5|
|Point Total AVG||49.4||51.0||47.8|
|Implied Total AVG||33.6||33.0||34.2|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-2||2-1||0-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-7||0-3||1-4|
Last Season’s Leaders
- On defense last year, Tyrice Knight helped keep opposing offenses in check with one interception to go with 72 tackles, 6.0 TFL, two sacks, and one pass defended in 13 games.
- On defense in 2021, Breon Hayward had 77 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 1.5 sacks in 13 games played.
- Dennis Barnes put up 1.0 sack to go along with his 2.0 TFL, 46 tackles, and two interceptions a season ago.
- Praise Amaewhule collected 5.5 sacks to go with 5.0 TFL and 30 tackles in 13 games.
- Joey Noble played in 12 games, collecting 6.5 sacks to go with 14.0 TFL and 48 tackles.
- Tavian Combs, who played in 12 games, delivered 1.0 TFL, 70 tackles, and two interceptions.
- In 12 games, Jerrick Reed II totaled 64 tackles and one interception.
- Ronald Wilson recorded 2.0 TFL, 44 tackles, and two interceptions in 12 games.
UTEP vs. New Mexico Predictions and Pick
UTEP vs. New Mexico betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on UTEP vs. New Mexico
You can bet on UTEP vs. New Mexico at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s UTEP vs. New Mexico picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.
Our pick to win this contest is UTEP, and we predict that UTEP will cover the spread (UTEP -1.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 38.5 points.