The UTEP Miners (0-2) and New Mexico State Aggies (0-2) will face each other at the Sun Bowl Stadium in El Paso, Texas.
UTEP vs. New Mexico State Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 17 points, with bookmakers listing UTEP as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, UTEP has -891 odds to pick up the win, while New Mexico State is listed at +576 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 46.5 points.
10x your first bet. Up to $200 in bonus bets.
How to Watch UTEP vs. New Mexico State Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Game Time: 9:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: El Paso, Texas
- Stadium: Sun Bowl Stadium
- Last year, UTEP racked up 15.3 fewer points per game (25.1) than New Mexico State allowed (40.4).
- UTEP racked up 96.6 fewer yards per game (392.2) than New Mexico State gave up per outing (488.8) last year.
- Last year UTEP piled up 140.1 yards per game on the ground, 54.5 fewer than New Mexico State allowed per contest (194.6).
- When the Miners ran for more than 194.6 yards last season, they had a 2-1 ATS record and a 3-0 overall record.
New Mexico State
- Last year New Mexico State put up just 2.6 fewer points per game (22.6) than UTEP allowed (25.2).
- When the Aggies put up more than 25.2 points last season, they were 5-0 against the spread and 2-3 overall.
- New Mexico State averaged 22.0 more yards per game (370.8) than UTEP allowed per contest (348.8) last season.
- When the Aggies churned out over 348.8 yards last year, the team was 6-1 against the spread and 2-5 overall.
- Last year New Mexico State ran for 37.7 fewer yards per game (101.4) than UTEP allowed per contest (139.1).
- Last season the Aggies had a 2-0 ATS record and a 1-1 overall record in games the team ran for over 139.1 yards.
UTEP vs. New Mexico State Betting Analysis
UTEP Betting Insights
- Against the spread, UTEP went 8-5-0 last season.
- UTEP failed to notch a win ATS (0-1) as at least 17-point favorites last year.
- The Miners won all five of the games they were favored on the moneyline last season.
- The Miners played as a moneyline favorite of -891 or shorter in just one game last season, which they won.
- Out of 13 UTEP games last year, eight went over the total.
Aggies Betting Insights
- New Mexico State covered the spread seven times in 12 games last year.
- New Mexico State had an ATS record of 5-4 as underdogs of 17 points or greater last year.
- Last season, the Aggies were listed as the underdog in eight games and failed to win any of those contests.
- Last season, the Aggies were at least a +576 underdog on the moneyline eight times, losing each of those contests.
- New Mexico State had seven of its 12 games hit the over last season.
UTEP vs. New Mexico State Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||52.4||52.0||52.8|
|Implied Total AVG||31.4||30.8||31.9|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-0||3-0||2-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-6||2-1||0-5|
|Point Total AVG||60.1||61.5||59.1|
|Implied Total AVG||41.2||36.6||44.4|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-0||2-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-8||0-3||0-5|
Last Season’s Leaders
- Tyrice Knight had one interception to go with 72 tackles, 6.0 TFL, two sacks, and one pass defended last year.
- Breon Hayward recorded 77 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 1.5 sacks in 13 games.
- Praise Amaewhule compiled 5.5 sacks to go with 5.0 TFL and 30 tackles in 13 games played a season ago.
- On defense in 2021, Dennis Barnes racked up 46 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and two interceptions over 13 games.
- Last year Chris Ojoh delivered 70 tackles, 12.0 TFL, and six sacks in 12 games.
- Trevor Brohard, who played in 12 games, delivered 2.0 sacks to go with 4.0 TFL and 66 tackles.
- In 12 games, Caleb Mills totaled 65 tackles and one interception.
- The contributions of D.J. McCullough, who was on the field for 12 games, included 1.0 TFL, 40 tackles, and three interceptions.
UTEP vs. New Mexico State Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this contest is UTEP, and we expect that New Mexico State will cover the spread (UTEP -17). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 46.5 points.
UTEP vs. New Mexico State betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on UTEP vs. New Mexico State
You can bet on UTEP vs. New Mexico State at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s UTEP vs. New Mexico State picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.