The Syracuse Orange (2-0) and Purdue Boilermakers (1-1) will clash at the JMA Wireless Dome in Syracuse, New York.
Syracuse vs. Purdue Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 1.5 points, with oddsmakers listing Syracuse as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Syracuse has -123 odds to pick up the win, while Purdue is listed at +101 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 60 points.
10x your first bet. Up to $200 in bonus bets.
How to Watch Syracuse vs. Purdue Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 17, 2022
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN2
- Location: Syracuse, New York
- Stadium: JMA Wireless Dome
- Syracuse averaged just 2.5 more points per game (24.9) than Purdue surrendered (22.4) last season.
- The Orange were 6-0 against the spread and 4-2 overall in games when they scored more than 22.4 points last year.
- Syracuse averaged per game (366.5) than Purdue gave up per contest (366.5) last year.
- When the Orange piled up more than 366.5 yards last year, the team was 5-0 against the spread and 3-2 overall.
- Syracuse rushed for 213.5 yards per game last year, 55.7 more than the 157.8 Purdue allowed per outing.
- When the Orange ran for more than 157.8 yards last year, they had an 8-1 ATS record and a 5-4 overall record.
- Last season Purdue scored just 2.8 more points per game (29.1) than Syracuse allowed (26.3).
- The Boilermakers were 6-1 against the spread and 6-1 overall in games when they put up more than 26.3 points last year.
- Purdue averaged 109.1 more yards per game (439.5) than Syracuse gave up per outing (330.4) last year.
- The Boilermakers were 7-3 against the spread and 7-3 overall when the team churned out more than 330.4 yards last year.
- Purdue rushed for 84.2 yards per game last season, 42.0 fewer than the 126.2 Syracuse allowed per contest.
- Last season the Boilermakers had a 2-0 ATS record and a 2-0 overall record in games the team rushed for over 126.2 yards.
Syracuse vs. Purdue Betting Analysis
Syracuse Betting Insights
- Syracuse beat the spread eight times in 12 games last year.
- Syracuse was unbeaten ATS (2-0) when at least a 1.5-point favorite last year.
- The Orange were the moneyline favorite only two times last season, and they won both games.
- The Orange played as a moneyline favorite of -123 or shorter in just two games last season, and they won both.
- In 12 Syracuse games last season, five went over the total.
Boilermakers Betting Insights
- Purdue had eight wins in 13 games against the spread last season.
- As 1.5-point underdogs or greater, Purdue went 4-3 against the spread last year.
- Last season, the Boilermakers were the underdog seven times and won four of those games.
- Last season, the Boilermakers won four of their seven games when they were the underdog by at least +101 on the moneyline.
- Out of 13 Purdue games last season, five went over the total.
Syracuse vs. Purdue Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||51.4||51.3||51.6|
|Implied Total AVG||29.8||30.6||28.6|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-0||2-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-7||1-4||2-3|
|Point Total AVG||54.3||54.3||54.3|
|Implied Total AVG||32.8||31.0||34.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-1||3-1||2-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||4-3||2-1||2-2|
Last Season’s Leaders
- In 12 games last year, Mikel Jones collected 3.0 sacks to go with 8.0 TFL and 83 tackles.
- Cody Roscoe totaled 43 tackles, 9.0 TFL, and 8.5 sacks in 12 games.
- Stefon Thompson totaled 57 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and 4.5 sacks in 12 games a season ago.
- In 2021, Marlowe Wax had 42 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and six sacks.
- Last year Jaylan Alexander recorded 98 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and one sack in 13 games.
- George Karlaftis accumulated 4.5 sacks to go along with 7.0 TFL and 34 tackles in 13 games.
- Cam Allen played in 13 games and delivered four interceptions to go along with 57 tackles and four passes defended.
- A significant contributor on defense, Jalen Graham had two interceptions to go with 50 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and two passes defended.
Syracuse vs. Purdue Predictions and Pick
Syracuse vs. Purdue betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on Syracuse vs. Purdue
You can bet on Syracuse vs. Purdue at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Syracuse vs. Purdue picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.
Our prediction to win this game is Purdue, and we predict that Purdue will cover the spread (Syracuse -1.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 60 points.