The Liberty Flames (0-0) will battle the Southern Miss Golden Eagles (0-0) at M.M. Roberts Stadium in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Liberty vs. Southern Miss Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 3.5 points, with oddsmakers listing Liberty as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Liberty has -175 odds to pick up the win, while Southern Miss is listed at +143 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 49.5 points.
Get a No Sweat First Bet up to $1,000
How to Watch Liberty vs. Southern Miss Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 3, 2022
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Hattiesburg, Mississippi
- Stadium: M.M. Roberts Stadium
- Liberty put up 5.7 more points per game (33.6) than Southern Miss gave up (27.9) last season.
- The Flames were 5-2 against the spread and 6-1 overall last season when the team recorded over 27.9 points.
- Liberty averaged 78.6 more yards per game (436.2) than Southern Miss gave up per contest (357.6) last year.
- The Flames were 5-4 against the spread and 5-4 overall when the team piled up more than 357.6 yards last year.
- Liberty rushed for 181.2 yards per game last year, 25.6 more than the 155.6 Southern Miss allowed per outing.
- Last year the Flames had a 6-2 ATS record and a 6-2 overall record in games the team rushed for over 155.6 yards.
- Last year Southern Miss put up 3.8 fewer points per game (17.7) than Liberty surrendered (21.5).
- The Golden Eagles were 3-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall last season when the team notched more than 21.5 points.
- Southern Miss collected 266.3 yards per game last season, 53.9 fewer yards than the 320.2 Liberty gave up per contest.
- When the Golden Eagles churned out over 320.2 yards last season, the team was 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall.
- Last year Southern Miss averaged 120.8 rushing yards per game, 19.1 fewer than Liberty allowed per outing (139.9).
- The Golden Eagles had a 3-0 ATS record and a 3-0 overall record when the team ran for more than 139.9 yards last year.
Liberty vs. Southern Miss Betting Analysis
Liberty Betting Insights
- Liberty beat the spread seven times in 13 games last year.
- As 3.5-point or greater favorites last season, Liberty went 5-5.
- The Flames won five of the nine games they were the moneyline favorite last season (55.6%).
- The Flames finished 0-0 last year (winning 57.1% of their games) when playing as a moneyline favorite of -175 or shorter.
- In 13 Liberty games last season, five went over the total.
Golden Eagles Betting Insights
- Southern Miss beat the spread four times in 12 games last season.
- Southern Miss had two wins ATS (2-5) as a 3.5-point underdog or greater last year.
- The Golden Eagles won one of the nine games they played as underdogs last season.
- Last season, the Golden Eagles won one of their seven games when they were the underdog by at least +143 on the moneyline.
- Last season, four of Southern Miss’ 12 games hit the over.
Liberty vs. Southern Miss Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||57.5||56.9||58.2|
|Implied Total AVG||36.9||38.1||35.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-4||3-2||2-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-1||0-0||1-1|
|Point Total AVG||49.3||47.3||51.3|
|Implied Total AVG||32.0||29.5||34.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-0||2-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-8||0-4||1-4|
Last Season’s Leaders
- Storey Jackson had one interception to go with 72 tackles, 8.0 TFL, seven sacks, and one pass defended last year.
- Rashaad Harding collected 53 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and three sacks in 13 games.
- Javon Scruggs had 1.0 TFL, 42 tackles, and one interception in 13 games a season ago.
- On defense in 2021, Skyler Thomas compiled 37 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and two interceptions through 13 games.
- Josh Carr Jr. helped carry the defense with 42 tackles, 6.0 TFL, four sacks, and one interception in 12 games.
- Malik Shorts played in 12 games, registering two interceptions to go along with 61 tackles and three passes defended.
- Santrell Latham was on the field for 12 games and amassed 40 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and one sack.
- A significant contributor on defense, Jay Stanley had two interceptions to go with 40 tackles, 3.0 TFL, one sack, and two passes defended.
Liberty vs. Southern Miss Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this game is Liberty, and we predict that Liberty will cover the spread (Liberty -3.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 49.5 points.
Liberty vs. Southern Miss betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on Liberty vs. Southern Miss
You can bet on Liberty vs. Southern Miss at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Liberty vs. Southern Miss picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.