The Illinois Fighting Illini (1-1) and Virginia Cavaliers (1-0) will face each other at Memorial Stadium (Champaign, IL) in Champaign, Illinois.
Illinois vs. Virginia Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 4 points, with sportsbooks listing Illinois as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Illinois has -190 odds to pick up the win, while Virginia is listed at +153 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 55 points.
10x your first bet. Up to $200 in bonus bets.
How to Watch Illinois vs. Virginia Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Game Time: 4:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPNU
- Location: Champaign, Illinois
- Stadium: Memorial Stadium (Champaign, IL)
- Illinois put up 20.2 points per game last year, 11.6 fewer than Virginia gave up per matchup (31.8).
- Illinois averaged 327.0 yards per game last year, 139.0 fewer yards than the 466.0 Virginia gave up per contest.
- Last year Illinois rushed for 55.0 fewer yards per game (170.8) than Virginia allowed per contest (225.8).
- Last year the Fighting Illini had a 1-1 ATS record and a 2-0 overall record in games the team rushed for over 225.8 yards.
- Virginia put up 12.7 more points per game (34.6) than Illinois allowed (21.9) last year.
- The Cavaliers were 7-3 against the spread and 6-4 overall in games when they recorded over 21.9 points last season.
- Virginia averaged 147.9 more yards per game (514.2) than Illinois allowed per outing (366.3) last season.
- The Cavaliers were 7-4 against the spread and 6-5 overall when the team churned out over 366.3 yards last year.
- Last season Virginia ran for 29.1 fewer yards per game (122.0) than Illinois allowed per contest (151.1).
- Last season the Cavaliers had a 4-1 ATS record and a 4-1 overall record in games the team rushed for over 151.1 yards.
Illinois vs. Virginia Betting Analysis
Illinois Betting Insights
- Illinois’ record against the spread last season was 7-5-0.
- Illinois won once ATS (1-2) when favored by 4 points or more last season.
- The Fighting Illini put together a 2-1 record in games they were favored on the moneyline last season (winning 66.7% of those games).
- When playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -190 or shorter, the Fighting Illini had a record of 1-0 (66.7%).
- There were four Illinois games (out of 12) that went over the total last season.
Cavaliers Betting Insights
- Against the spread, Virginia was 7-5-0 last season.
- Virginia had two wins ATS (2-2) as a 4-point underdog or greater last year.
- The Cavaliers won two of the six games they played as underdogs last season.
- Last season, the Cavaliers were at least a +153 underdog on the moneyline three times, losing each of those contests.
- Last season, five of Virginia’s 12 games went over the point total.
Illinois vs. Virginia Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||48.8||49.9||47.4|
|Implied Total AVG||29.5||28.4||31.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-1||2-1||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-6||1-3||2-3|
|Point Total AVG||64.3||62.7||66.6|
|Implied Total AVG||36.7||36.9||36.4|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||4-2||4-2||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-4||0-1||2-3|
Last Season’s Leaders
- As a key defensive contributor, Tarique Barnes posted 59 tackles, 3.0 TFL, two sacks, and one interception in 12 games last year.
- Kerby Joseph posted 1.0 sack to go with 1.0 TFL, 41 tackles, and five interceptions in 12 games.
- Sydney Brown posted 1.0 sack to go with 65 tackles in 12 games played a season ago.
- In 2021, Tony Adams had one interception in addition to 50 tackles, 3.0 TFL, one sack, and one pass defended.
- Last season Nick Jackson recorded 98 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and 2.5 sacks in 12 games.
- Joey Blount played in 12 games, posting three interceptions to go along with 76 tackles, 3.0 TFL, one sack, and three passes defended.
- In 12 games, Noah Taylor amassed 57 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and three sacks.
- Elliott Brown was an important player on D last year, with 33 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and three sacks.
Illinois vs. Virginia Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this matchup is Illinois, and we predict that Virginia will cover the spread (Illinois -4). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 55 points.
Illinois vs. Virginia betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on Illinois vs. Virginia
You can bet on Illinois vs. Virginia at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Illinois vs. Virginia picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.