On Sunday, September 25, 2022, the Atlanta Falcons (0-2) go on the road to go head to head with the Seattle Seahawks (1-1) at Lumen Field.
Seahawks vs. Falcons Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 1 point, with sportsbooks listing the Seahawks as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Seahawks have -115 odds to pick up the win, while the Falcons are listed at -105 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 42 points.
How to Watch Seahawks vs. Falcons Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, September 25, 2022
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: Lumen Field
The Seahawks rank second-worst in total offense (234.5 yards per game), but they’ve played slightly better on defense, ranking 25th with 403.0 yards allowed per contest. The Seahawks have been a bottom-five scoring offense this season, ranking fourth-worst with 12.0 points per game. On the defensive side of the ball, they are ranked 14th in the NFL (21.5 points allowed per game). The Seahawks have been a bottom-five pass offense this year, ranking fifth-worst with 178.5 passing yards per contest. On the defensive side of the ball, they are ranked 26th in the NFL (257.0 passing yards allowed per game). The Seahawks have been a bottom-five run offense this season, ranking worst with 56.0 rushing yards per game. Defensively, they are ranked 25th in the NFL (146.0 rushing yards allowed per game). The Seahawks are averaging a 44.4% third-down percentage on offense this year (11th in NFL), and they are allowing a 46.7% third-down conversion rate (24th) on the other side of the ball. This season, the Seahawks are putting up 4.9 yards per play (23rd in the league), while allowing 6.0 per play on the defensive side of the ball (24th in the NFL). With two forced turnovers (18th in NFL) against four turnovers committed (22nd in NFL), the Seahawks (-2) own the 22nd-ranked turnover margin in the NFL.
The Falcons rank 19th with 338.5 total yards per game on offense, and they rank 20th with 361.0 total yards given up per contest on defense. The Falcons are generating 26.5 points per contest on offense this season (ninth-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing 29.0 points per game (27th-ranked) on defense. The Falcons rank 22nd in the NFL with 193.0 passing yards per contest on offense, and they rank 24th with 253.0 passing yards given up per contest on the defensive side of the ball. With 145.5 rushing yards per game on offense, the Falcons rank seventh in the NFL. On defense they rank 15th, allowing 108.0 rushing yards per contest. The Falcons are putting up a 34.8% third-down conversion percentage on offense this season (17th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up a 43.5% third-down rate (21st-ranked) on defense. With 5.3 yards per play on offense, the Falcons rank 17th in the NFL. Defensively they rank 24th, allowing 6.0 yards per play. After forcing four turnovers (sixth in NFL) and turning the ball over five times (27th in NFL) this season, the Falcons own the 19th-ranked turnover margin of -1.
Seahawks vs. Falcons Injury Report
Seahawks: FS Quandre Diggs: Questionable (Knee), DE Shelby Harris: Out (Glute), CB Justin Coleman: Doubtful (Calf), FS Joey Blount: Doubtful (Hamstring), WR Cody Thompson: Out (Shoulder), LB Jon Rhattigan: Out (Knee)
Falcons: OT Elijah Wilkinson: Out (Non injury related (personal)), LS Beau Brinkley: Out (Achilles)
Seahawks vs. Falcons Betting Analysis
Seahawks Betting Insights
The Seahawks have covered the spread in a game one time this season (1-1-0). Seahawks games have yet to go over the total once this season. The Seahawks finished 4-5 in games they were favored on the moneyline last season (winning 44.4% of those games). When they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -115 or shorter, the Seahawks had a 4-5 record (winning 44.4% of their games).
Falcons Betting Insights
The Falcons are a perfect 2-0-0 against the spread this season. The Falcons have a perfect 2-0 ATS record when playing as at least 1-point underdogs. Games involving the Falcons have hit the over twice this year. The Falcons have lost both games they’ve played as underdogs this season. This season, the Falcons have been at least a -105 underdog on the moneyline two times, losing each of those contests.
Seahawks vs. Falcons Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||41.5||43.5||39.5|
|Implied Total AVG||24.5||25.0||24.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-1||1-0||0-1|
|Point Total AVG||45.0||44.0||46.0|
|Implied Total AVG||26.5||25.0||28.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-2||0-1||0-1|
Players to Watch
- Geno Smith has 392 passing yards, two touchdowns and one interception this year. He has completed 81.0% of his attempts, averaging 196.0 yards per game and 6.8 per attempt.
- Tyler Lockett has caught 12 passes on 15 targets for 135 total yards and zero touchdowns. He is averaging 6.0 catches and 67.5 yards per game in two games.
- In the passing attack, Colby Parkinson, has totaled 43 receiving yards and one touchdown after catching two balls on two targets. Per game, he’s averaging 21.5 yards and 1.0 receptions over two games.
- Will Dissly has five receptions for 43 yards and one touchdown. He’s been targeted five times in the passing game, and averages 2.5 receptions and 21.5 yards in two games played.
- Over on defense, Jordyn Brooks has 23 tackles in 2022. His tackle total leads the Seahawks and is fourth in the NFL.
- Cody Barton has 21 tackles and 1.0 sack this season.
- Uchenna Nwosu has collected 11 tackles and 1.0 sack this year.
- Quandre Diggs has 12 tackles on the year.
- In two games played this year, Marcus Mariota has totaled 411 passing yards, while throwing two touchdowns against two interceptions and completing 62.7% of his passes.
- On the ground, Mariota has added one rushing touchdown and 88 rushing yards (second on the Falcons).
- Cordarrelle Patterson has scored one rushing touchdown, while totaling 161 rushing yards (5.0 per carry and 80.5 per game).
- This season, Drake London has caught 13 passes for 160 receiving yards with one touchdown in the passing game. He has been targeted 19 total times and is averaging 6.5 receptions per game through two games played.
- Olamide Zaccheaus has six catches for 70 yards and one receiving touchdown. He averages 3.0 yards per game through two games and has been targeted six times.
- Mykal Walker has amassed 1.0 sack (second on the Falcons) to go with 13 tackles and one interception through two games in 2022.
- A.J. Terrell’s stat sheet includes 14 tackles and one pass defended.
- Richie Grant has 16 tackles in the 2022 season.
- Rashaan Evans has totaled 13 tackles.
Seahawks vs. Falcons Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this game is the Seahawks, and we expect that Seahawks will cover the spread (Seahawks -1). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 42 points.
How to Bet on Seahawks vs. Falcons
You can bet on Seahawks vs. Falcons at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Seahawks vs. Falcons picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.