The New Orleans Saints (2-4) travel to State Farm Stadium on Thursday, October 20, 2022 to play the Arizona Cardinals (2-4).
Cardinals vs. Saints Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 2.5 points, with sportsbooks listing the Cardinals as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Cardinals have -140 odds to pick up the win, while the Saints are listed at +120 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 44.5 points.
How to Watch Cardinals vs. Saints Live?
- Game Day: Thursday, October 20, 2022
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: AMAZON
- Location: Glendale, Arizona
- Stadium: State Farm Stadium
The Cardinals are putting up 346.0 yards per game on offense this season (16th in NFL), and they are surrendering 337.3 yards per game (12th) on the other side of the ball. The Cardinals are compiling 19.0 points per game on offense, which ranks them 22nd in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 22nd, surrendering 23.7 points per contest.
The Cardinals are putting up 226.7 passing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 16th in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 20th, surrendering 233.5 passing yards per game. The Cardinals are totaling 119.3 rushing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 15th in the NFL. On defense, they rank seventh, giving up 103.8 rushing yards per contest.
The Cardinals have been a bottom-five offense on third down this year, ranking fifth-worst with a 34.1% third-down conversion rate. On defense, they are ranked 19th in the NFL (40.6% third-down percentage allowed). The Cardinals have been a bottom-five offense in terms of yards per play this season, ranking fourth-worst with 4.8 yards per play. Defensively, they rank 17th in the NFL (5.6 yards per play allowed). With seven forced turnovers (17th in NFL) against five turnovers committed (second in NFL), the Cardinals (+2) own the seventh-ranked turnover margin in the NFL.
The Saints’ defense ranks 17th in the NFL with 342.8 total yards surrendered per contest, but they’ve been lifted up by their offense, which ranks fifth-best by posting 382.3 total yards per contest. The Saints’ defense has been a bottom-five unit in scoring defense this season, conceding 26.3 points per game, which ranks fourth-worst in the NFL. Offensively, they rank 11th with 23.5 points per contest.
The Saints rank 15th in the NFL with 230.5 passing yards per game on offense, and they rank 16th with 222.0 passing yards given up per game on the defensive side of the ball. The Saints are compiling 151.8 rushing yards per game on offense this season (seventh-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up 120.8 rushing yards per contest (20th-ranked) on defense.
The Saints’ defense has been excelling on third down, giving up a 33.8% third-down conversion percentage (fifth-best). On offense, they rank 10th in the NFL with a 41.2% third-down rate. With 5.9 yards per play on offense, the Saints rank sixth in the NFL. Defensively they rank 17th, allowing 5.6 yards per play. At -7, the Saints have the worst turnover margin in the NFL this season.
Cardinals vs. Saints Injury Report
Cardinals vs. Saints Betting Analysis
Cardinals Betting Insights
The Cardinals have put together a 3-3-0 record against the spread this season. The Cardinals are winless against the spread when they have played as 2.5-point favorites or more (0-1).
Games involving the Cardinals have hit the over once this season. The Cardinals were favored on the moneyline 11 total times last season. They finished 5-6 in those games.
The Cardinals finished 5-6 last year (winning 45.5% of their games) when they played as a moneyline favorite of -140 or shorter.
Saints Betting Insights
The Saints have covered the spread two times in six games with a set spread. The Saints are 1-2 ATS when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
This season, four Saints games have gone over the point total. The Saints have been listed as the underdog three times this season and have failed to win any of those games.
The Saints have been at least a +120 moneyline underdog three times this season, but lost all of those games.
Cardinals vs. Saints Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||49.7||50.3||49.0|
|Implied Total AVG||26.7||27.7||25.7|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-1||0-0||0-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-3||0-3||2-0|
|Point Total AVG||43.1||43.4||42.5|
|Implied Total AVG||23.3||23.5||23.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-1||1-0||1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-3||0-3||0-0|
Players to Watch
- Kyler Murray has 1,463 passing yards through six games this year, averaging 243.8 per game with a 65.1% completion percentage and six touchdowns against four interceptions.
- He has tacked on 233 rushing yards (38.8 per game) and two touchdowns on the ground.
- Marquise Brown has 43 receptions (fifth in the NFL) for 485 yards (seventh in the NFL) and three TDs. Through six games, he is averaging 7.2 catches and 80.8 yards per game.
- In the passing attack, Zach Ertz, has racked up 299 receiving yards and two touchdowns after grabbing 35 balls on 51 targets. Per game, he’s averaging 49.8 yards and 5.8 receptions over six games.
- James Conner has rushed for 200 yards, averaging 40.0 yards per game and scoring one touchdown.
- Conner’s 19 receiving targets have resulted in 14 receptions (2.8 per game) for 103 yards (20.6 per game) and zero TDs.
- On defense for the Cardinals, Zaven Collins has racked up 41 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 2.0 sacks in 2022.
- Jalen Thompson has 40 tackles and one interception this season.
- Budda Baker has put up 45 tackles so far this year. He leads the Cardinals in tackles.
- Zach Allen has 2.0 sacks (second on the Cardinals) as well as 4.0 TFL and 25 tackles on the season.
- So far this year, Taysom Hill has one reception for 2 yards without a receiving touchdown. He has been targeted one time and averages 0.2 catches per game in five games played.
- Chris Olave has 389 receiving yards and two touchdowns on 25 receptions, while being targeted 42 times.
- Through three games this season, Jameis Winston has racked up 858 passing yards, while throwing four touchdowns against five interceptions and completing 63.5% of his passes.
- Alvin Kamara is scoreless on the ground, but has rushed for 302 total yards (4.6 per attempt and 75.5 per game).
- Kamara has also tacked on 17 catches (4.3 per game) for 135 yards (33.8 per game), without a receiving touchdown. He has been on the receiving end of 26 targets.
- In 2022, Demario Davis has 39 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and 4.5 sacks over six games.
- Pete Werner has totaled 53 tackles over six games.
- Cameron Jordan has 3.0 sacks (second on the Saints) in addition to his 4.0 TFL and 26 tackles.
- Tyrann Mathieu has totaled 29 tackles and one interception.
Cardinals vs. Saints Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this game is the Cardinals, and we expect that Saints will cover the spread (Cardinals -2.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 44.5 points.
How to Bet on Cardinals vs. Saints
You can bet on Cardinals vs. Saints at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Cardinals vs. Saints picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.