The Seattle Seahawks (9-8) and San Francisco 49ers (13-4) square off in the NFC Wild Card round of the NFL Playoffs at Levi’s Stadium on Saturday, January 14, 2023.
49ers vs. Seahawks Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 9.5 points, with oddsmakers listing the 49ers as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the 49ers have -500 odds to pick up the win, while the Seahawks are listed at +400 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 42 points.
How to Watch 49ers vs. Seahawks Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, January 14, 2023
- Game Time: 4:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Santa Clara, California
- Stadium: Levi’s Stadium
The 49ers have been finding success on both offense and defense, ranking fifth-best in total offense (365.6 yards per game) and best in total defense (300.6 yards allowed per game). On the defensive side of the ball, the 49ers have been a top-five unit, ranking best by allowing only 16.3 points per game. They rank sixth on offense (26.5 points per game).
The 49ers are compiling 226.8 passing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 13th in the NFL. On the other side of the ball, they rank 20th, allowing 222.9 passing yards per game. The 49ers own the eighth-ranked offense this season in terms of rushing yards (138.8 per game), and they’ve been more effective defensively, ranking second-best with only 77.7 rushing yards allowed per game.
The 49ers are putting up a 45.0% third-down percentage on offense (sixth in the NFL), and they rank 16th on defense with a 39.0% third-down percentage allowed. The 49ers have been firing on all cylinders in terms of yards per play this season, as they rank fourth-best in offensive yards per play (5.9) and third-best in yards per play allowed on defense (5.0). The 49ers have forced 30 total turnovers (second in NFL) this season and have turned it over 17 times (third in NFL) for a turnover margin of +13, the best in the league.
In terms of total offense, the Seahawks rank 13th in the NFL (351.5 total yards per game) and 26th defensively (361.7 total yards allowed per game). With 23.9 points per game on the offensive side of the ball, the Seahawks rank ninth in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 25th, allowing 23.6 points per game.
In terms of passing, the Seahawks rank 11th in the NFL (231.4 passing yards per game) and 13th on defense (211.5 passing yards allowed per contest). The Seahawks’ defense has been bottom-five in run defense this season, allowing 150.2 rushing yards per game, which ranks third-worst in the NFL. On offense, they rank 18th with 120.2 rushing yards per contest.
The Seahawks are posting a 37.8% third-down conversion percentage on offense this season (20th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing a 42.3% third-down rate (27th-ranked) on defense. The Seahawks are posting 5.7 yards per play on offense this season (seventh-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing 5.5 yards per play (20th-ranked) on defense. The Seahawks sport a +2 turnover margin this season, which ranks 12th in the NFL.
49ers vs. Seahawks Injury Report
49ers vs. Seahawks Betting Analysis
49ers Betting Insights
The 49ers have covered the spread 11 times this season (11-6-0). The 49ers have an ATS record of 2-1 when playing as at least 9.5-point favorites.
49ers games have gone over the total nine times this season. The 49ers were favored on the moneyline 14 total times last season. They finished 8-6 in those games.
The 49ers played as a moneyline favorite of -500 or shorter in just one game last season, which they won.
Seahawks Betting Insights
The Seahawks have registered a 7-10-0 record against the spread this season. The Seahawks have not covered the spread (0-1) when playing as at least 9.5-point underdogs.
Seahawks games have gone over the total eight times this season. The Seahawks have entered the game as underdogs 11 times this season and won six, or 54.5%, of those games.
The Seahawks have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +400 moneyline set for this game.
49ers vs. Seahawks Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||42.2||42.3||42.2|
|Implied Total AVG||23.9||24.2||23.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||12-3||8-0||4-3|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-1||0-1||1-0|
|Point Total AVG||45.4||44.8||46.1|
|Implied Total AVG||25.0||24.2||25.9|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-3||2-3||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||6-5||3-1||3-4|
Players to Watch
- On the ground, Christian McCaffrey averages 4.7 yards per attempt (18th in the NFL) and 67.0 yards per game for 1,139 total rushing yards (eighth in the NFL). He has scored eight rushing touchdowns this season.
- McCaffrey has 107 targets, 85 catches, 741 receiving yards and five TDs through the air.
- Brandon Aiyuk has caught 78 passes on 113 targets for 1,015 total yards and eight touchdowns. He is averaging 4.6 catches and 59.7 yards per game through 17 games.
- In the passing game, George Kittle, has racked up 765 receiving yards and 11 touchdowns (third in the NFL) after catching 60 balls on 86 targets. Per game, he’s averaging 51.0 yards and 4.0 receptions in 15 games.
- Deebo Samuel has 56 catches for 632 yards and two touchdowns. He’s been targeted 95 times in the air attack, and averages 4.3 receptions and 48.6 yards through 13 games played.
- On the defensive side, Nick Bosa has 49 tackles, 18.0 TFL, 18.0 sacks, and one pass defended in 2022.
- Fred Warner has intercepted one pass and has added 134 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 3.0 sacks, and 10 passes defended.
- Dre Greenlaw has totaled one interception and has added 124 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and six passes defended.
- Talanoa Hufanga has four interceptions while tacking on 94 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 2.0 sacks, and nine passes defended.
- Geno Smith is averaging 7.5 passing yards per attempt (ninth in the NFL) and 251.9 yards per game this year, completing 69.8% of his passes on the way to 4,282 total yards (eighth in the NFL), 30 touchdowns (fourth in the NFL) and 11 interceptions through 17 games.
- He’s added 366 yards on the ground (second on the Seahawks), while scoring one rushing touchdown. He’s averaging 21.5 yards per game and 5.4 per attempt.
- Kenneth Walker III has 1,051 rushing yards (leading the Seahawks) and nine rushing touchdowns, while averaging 70.1 yards per game and 4.6 per carry (19th in the NFL).
- Walker also has 27 catches for 165 yards (seventh on the Seahawks). He has been targeted 35 times and averages 11.0 yards per game.
- Tyler Lockett has recorded 1,033 receiving yards and nine touchdowns (sixth in the NFL) on 84 receptions, while being targeted 117 times on the season.
- D.K. Metcalf has 90 catches for 1,048 yards and six receiving touchdowns. He averages 5.3 yards per game in 17 games and has been targeted 141 times.
- In 2022, Cody Barton has amassed 133 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 2.0 sacks, and two interceptions over 17 games.
- Uchenna Nwosu has 9.5 sacks (first on the Seahawks) to go with 11.0 TFL and 67 tackles.
- Tariq Woolen has 1.0 TFL, 63 tackles, and six interceptions.
- Coby Bryant has put up 2.0 sacks to go with 4.0 TFL and 70 tackles through 17 games.
49ers vs. Seahawks Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this contest is the 49ers, and we project that 49ers will cover the spread (49ers -9.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 42 points.
How to Bet on 49ers vs. Seahawks
You can bet on 49ers vs. Seahawks at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s 49ers vs. Seahawks picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.