Pac-12 foes will do battle when the Washington State Cougars (3-1) face the California Golden Bears (3-1) at Martin Stadium in Pullman, Washington.
Washington State vs. Cal Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 4 points, with oddsmakers listing Washington State as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Washington State has -194 odds to pick up the win, while Cal is listed at +157 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 53 points.
How to Watch Washington State vs. Cal Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, October 1, 2022
- Game Time: 5:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: Pac-12 Network
- Location: Pullman, Washington
- Stadium: Martin Stadium
Washington State is averaging 369.8 yards per game offensively this season (93rd in the FBS), and are surrendering 387.0 yards per game (78th) on the defensive side of the ball. Washington State is averaging 30.0 points per game on offense this season (75th in the FBS), and is surrendering 20.5 points per game (40th) on the defensive side of the ball. Despite sporting a bottom-25 pass defense that ranks 21st-worst in the FBS (274.3 passing yards allowed per game), Washington State has played better on offense, ranking 46th in the FBS by averaging 270.5 passing yards per game. Washington State has been a bottom-25 run offense this year, ranking 15th-worst with 99.3 rushing yards per game. On the defensive side of the ball, the Cougars are ranked 42nd in the FBS (112.8 rushing yards allowed per game). Washington State is putting up a 38.3% third-down conversion rate offensively this season (74th in the FBS), and is allowing a 32.1% third-down percentage (39th) on the other side of the ball. With eight forced turnovers (19th in the FBS) against 10 turnovers committed (118th in the FBS), Washington State’s -2-2 turnover margin ranks 100th in college football.
Cal is accumulating 420.0 total yards per game on offense this season (63rd-ranked). Meanwhile, it is allowing 382.3 total yards per contest (76th-ranked). From an offensive standpoint, Cal is accumulating 30.0 points per contest (75th-ranked). It ranks 40th in the FBS on defense (20.5 points surrendered per game). In terms of passing, Cal ranks 72nd in the FBS (243.8 passing yards per game) and 89th on defense (249.8 passing yards allowed per game). In terms of rushing, Cal ranks 54th in the FBS on offense (176.3 rushing yards per game) and 58th on defense (132.5 rushing yards allowed per game). Cal’s defense has been dominant on third down, giving up a 26.9% third-down conversion rate (14th-best). Offensively, it ranks 70th in the FBS with a 39.2% third-down rate. Cal sports a top-25 turnover margin this season, ranking 14th-best at +5.
Washington State vs. Cal Betting Analysis
Washington State Betting Insights
Washington State has compiled a 3-1-0 record against the spread this season. Washington State has 1-1 ATS when playing as at least 4-point favorites. Games involving Washington State have hit the over once this season. The Cougars have been the moneyline favorite just two other times so far this season, and they won both of the games. The Cougars have played as a moneyline favorite of -194 or shorter in only two games this season, and they won both.
Golden Bears Betting Insights
Cal has covered the spread three times this year (3-1-0). Cal has a perfect 1-0 ATS record when playing as at least 4-point underdogs. Games involving Cal have hit the over twice this year. The Golden Bears lost the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season. The Golden Bears have played as an underdog of +157 or more once this season and lost that game.
Washington State vs. Cal Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||55.3||57.5||48.5|
|Implied Total AVG||36.5||37.7||33.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-0||2-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-1||0-1||1-0|
|Point Total AVG||46.4||48.2||41.0|
|Implied Total AVG||28.5||29.0||27.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-0||3-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-1||0-0||0-1|
Players to Watch
- Daiyan Henley has hit the gridiron for four games, registering 4.0 sacks to go with 5.0 TFL, 36 tackles, and one interception for the Cougars.
- Francisco Mauigoa has helped lead the Cougars’ defense with 1.5 sacks to go along with 1.0 TFL, 20 tackles, and one interception in four games.
- The Cougars’ defensive unit has been helped by the contributions of Jaden Hicks, who has suited up for four games and amassed one interception to go along with 25 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and two passes defended.
- Brennan Jackson has been a big part of the Cougars’ defensive unit in 2022, with 14 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and two sacks in four games.
- On defense, Jackson Sirmon has helped lead the way with 36 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 1.5 sacks in four games.
- On defense, Femi M. Oladejo has helped lead the way with 31 tackles in four games.
- Craig Woodson has been doing his part on defense, delivering 2.0 TFL, 18 tackles, and one interception for the Golden Bears.
- With one interception to go with 21 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one pass defended in four games, Daniel Scott has been providing a big boost on defense for the Golden Bears.
Washington State vs. Cal Predictions and Pick
Washington State vs. Cal betting card
- Pick ATS:
Golden Bears (+4)
How to Bet on Washington State vs. Cal
You can bet on Washington State vs. Cal at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Washington State vs. Cal picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Our pick to win this game is Washington State, and we predict that Cal will cover the spread (Washington State -4). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 53 points.