It’ll be the No. 23 Wake Forest Demon Deacons (1-0) versus the Vanderbilt Commodores (2-0) in college football play at Vanderbilt Stadium in Nashville, Tennessee.
Wake Forest vs. Vanderbilt Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 13.5 points, with bookmakers listing Wake Forest as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Wake Forest has -514 odds to pick up the win, while Vanderbilt is listed at +375 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 65 points.
10x your first bet. Up to $200 in bonus bets.
How to Watch Wake Forest vs. Vanderbilt Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: SEC Network
- Location: Nashville, Tennessee
- Stadium: Vanderbilt Stadium
- Last year, Wake Forest scored 5.2 more points per game (41.0) than Vanderbilt gave up (35.8).
- The Demon Deacons were 5-5 against the spread and 9-1 overall in games when they recorded over 35.8 points last season.
- Wake Forest averaged 467.9 yards per game last year, just 9.8 more than the 458.1 Vanderbilt gave up per contest.
- In games that the Demon Deacons amassed more than 458.1 yards last year, the team was 4-2 against the spread and 5-1 overall.
- Wake Forest rushed for 160.6 yards per game last season, 33.7 fewer than the 194.3 Vanderbilt allowed per contest.
- The Demon Deacons had a 3-1 ATS record and a 3-1 overall record when the team rushed for more than 194.3 yards last season.
- Vanderbilt averaged 13.1 fewer points per game (15.8) than Wake Forest surrendered (28.9) last season.
- Vanderbilt racked up 312.7 yards per game last year, 100.9 fewer yards than the 413.6 Wake Forest allowed per contest.
- The Commodores were 1-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall when the team churned out more than 413.6 yards last season.
- Vanderbilt rushed for 123.3 yards per game last year, 72.5 fewer than the 195.8 Wake Forest allowed per outing.
- The Commodores had a 2-1 ATS record and a 0-3 overall record when the team rushed for over 195.8 yards last season.
Wake Forest vs. Vanderbilt Betting Analysis
Wake Forest Betting Insights
- Wake Forest beat the spread seven times in 14 games last season.
- Wake Forest won twice ATS (2-2) as at least a 13.5-point favorites.
- The Demon Deacons won all nine of the games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season.
- The Demon Deacons won all three games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -514 or shorter.
- Out of 14 Wake Forest games last year, six went over the total.
Commodores Betting Insights
- Vanderbilt had six wins in 12 games against the spread last season.
- As 13.5-point underdogs or more, Vanderbilt went 5-3 against the spread last season.
- Last season, the Commodores won one out of the seven games in which they were the underdog.
- Last season, the Commodores were at least a +375 underdog on the moneyline eight times, losing each of those contests.
- There were five Vanderbilt games (out of 12) that hit the over last season.
Wake Forest vs. Vanderbilt Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||64.3||65.0||63.5|
|Implied Total AVG||37.4||40.3||34.6|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||9-0||5-0||4-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-3||0-1||1-2|
|Point Total AVG||55.1||52.8||58.4|
|Implied Total AVG||39.0||36.7||42.2|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-1||1-1||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-6||0-4||1-2|
Last Season’s Leaders
- Rondell Bothroyd had 53 tackles, 10.0 TFL, and seven sacks last year.
- Traveon Redd compiled 1.5 sacks to go with 1.0 TFL, 53 tackles, and three interceptions in 14 games.
- Luke Masterson had 2.5 sacks to go with 8.0 TFL and 63 tackles in 14 games a season ago.
- Luiji Vilain posted 27 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and eight sacks through 14 games played in 2021.
- Ethan Barr helped carry the defense with 60 tackles and three interceptions in 12 games.
- Anfernee Orji accumulated 1.0 sack to go along with 6.0 TFL and 57 tackles in 12 games.
- In 12 games, Jaylen Mahoney registered 41 tackles, 2.0 TFL, two sacks, and two interceptions.
- Gabe Jeudy was a big player on D last season, with one interception to go with 37 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one pass defended.
Wake Forest vs. Vanderbilt Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this contest is Wake Forest, and we predict that Wake Forest will cover the spread (Wake Forest -13.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 65 points.
Wake Forest vs. Vanderbilt betting card
- Pick ATS:
Demon Deacons (-13.5)
How to Bet on Wake Forest vs. Vanderbilt
You can bet on Wake Forest vs. Vanderbilt at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Wake Forest vs. Vanderbilt picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.