The Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic will see the USC Trojans play the Tulane Green Wave.
USC vs. Tulane Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 2.5 points, with oddsmakers listing USC as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, USC has -134 odds to pick up the win, while Tulane is listed at +110 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 65.5 points.
How to Watch USC vs. Tulane Live?
- Game Day: Monday, January 2, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: AT&T Stadium
USC ranks 102nd in total defense this season (415.1 yards allowed per game), but has been thriving on offense, ranking fourth-best in the FBS with 499.8 total yards per game. Offensively, USC has been a top-25 unit, ranking third-best in the FBS by compiling 41.1 points per game. The Trojans rank 81st on defense (27.9 points allowed per game). USC owns the fifth-best offense this season in terms of passing yards (325.7 passing yards per game), but ranks 18th-worst on defense (266.5 passing yards allowed per game). USC is compiling 174.2 rushing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 51st in the FBS. The team’s defensive unit ranks 65th, giving up 148.6 rushing yards per game. USC has the second-best offense this season in terms of third-down efficiency (52.3% third-down conversion rate), but ranks 20th-worst on the defensive side of the ball (43.2% third-down conversion rate). USC has the best turnover margin in college football at +21, forcing 26 turnovers (sixth in the FBS) while turning it over five times (first in the FBS).
Tulane ranks 33rd with 433.9 total yards per game on offense, and it ranks 36th with 342.4 total yards ceded per contest on the defensive side of the ball. Tulane has been top-25 on both offense and defense this season, as it ranks 22nd-best in points per game (35.2) and 20th-best in points allowed per game (20.5). Tulane has been dominant on pass defense, allowing just 188.5 passing yards per game (18th-best). Offensively, it ranks 60th in the FBS by piling up 236.8 passing yards per game. Tulane is compiling 197.1 rushing yards per game on offense this season (28th-ranked). Meanwhile, it is surrendering 153.8 rushing yards per game (76th-ranked) on defense. With a 38.4% third-down conversion percentage on offense, Tulane ranks 81st in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 35th, allowing a 34.8% third-down rate. Tulane has compiled 19 forced turnovers (39th in the FBS) and committed 15 turnovers (38th in the FBS) this season for a +4 turnover margin that ranks 36th in the FBS.
USC vs. Tulane Betting Analysis
USC Betting Insights
USC has covered the spread in a matchup eight times this season (8-5-0). In games this season when favored by 2.5 points or more, USC are 7-5 against the spread. This season, 10 USC games have gone over the point total. The Trojans have won 10 of the 11 games they were the moneyline favorite this season (90.9%). The Trojans have a 7-1 record (winning 90.9% of their games) when it has played as a moneyline favorite of -134 or shorter.
Green Wave Betting Insights
Tulane has covered the spread 11 times this year (11-2-0). Tulane has a perfect 2-0 ATS record when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs. Tulane games have gone over the total seven times this year. The Green Wave have won both games they’ve played as underdogs this season. The Green Wave have been at least a +110 moneyline underdog two times this season and won each of those games.
USC vs. Tulane Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||66.8||64.4||70.6|
|Implied Total AVG||40.4||41.4||38.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||10-1||6-1||4-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-1||0-0||0-1|
|Point Total AVG||54.7||56.8||51.3|
|Implied Total AVG||32.6||34.4||29.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||9-2||6-2||3-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-0||0-0||2-0|
Players to Watch
- The Trojans’ defensive unit has been aided by Shane Lee, who has suited up for 11 games and collected 69 tackles, six TFL, two sacks, and two interceptions.
- With 40 tackles, 17 TFL, 10 sacks, and three passes defended in 12 games, Tuli Tuipulotu has been an important contributor to the Trojans’ defense in 2022.
- Max Williams has helped lead the Trojans’ defense with two interceptions to go along with 71 tackles, one TFL, and five passes defended in 13 games.
- A big piece of the Trojans’ defensive unit, Mekhi Blackmon has three interceptions to go with 56 tackles, one TFL, and 11 passes defended in 12 games.
- Dorian Williams has posted two interceptions to go with 108 tackles, eight TFL, five sacks, and six passes defended in 12 games for the Green Wave.
- The Green Wave’s Nick Anderson has registered one sack to go with four TFL and 102 tackles in 12 games.
- The Green Wave’s Larry Brooks has collected two interceptions to go with 87 tackles, one TFL, and three passes defended in 12 games.
- With two interceptions to go with 63 tackles, seven TFL, and two passes defended in 12 games, Macon Clark has been wreaking havoc on defense for the Green Wave.
USC vs. Tulane Predictions and Pick
USC vs. Tulane betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on USC vs. Tulane
You can bet on USC vs. Tulane at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s USC vs. Tulane picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Our pick to win this contest is USC, and we expect that USC will cover the spread (USC -2.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 65.5 points.