The Toledo Rockets (1-0) play the UMass Minutemen (0-1) in college football action at the The Glass Bowl in Toledo, Ohio.
Toledo vs. UMass Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 28.5 points, with sportsbooks listing Toledo as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Toledo has -10000 odds to pick up the win, while UMass is listed at +1950 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 48.5 points.
Get a No Sweat First Bet up to $1,000
How to Watch Toledo vs. UMass Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Toledo, Ohio
- Stadium: The Glass Bowl
- Toledo scored 9.7 fewer points per game (33.4) than UMass gave up (43.1) last season.
- The Rockets were 3-2 against the spread and 4-1 overall last season when the team recorded more than 43.1 points.
- Toledo racked up 436.6 yards per game last year, 47.9 fewer yards than the 484.5 UMass allowed per outing.
- In games that the Rockets piled up over 484.5 yards last year, the team was 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall.
- Last year Toledo piled up 197.6 yards per game on the ground, 37.3 fewer than UMass allowed per outing (234.9).
- Last season the Rockets had a 4-0 ATS record and a 4-0 overall record in games the team ran for more than 234.9 yards.
- UMass scored 5.5 fewer points per game (16.3) than Toledo surrendered (21.8) last season.
- The Minutemen were 3-2 against the spread and 1-4 overall in games when they recorded more than 21.8 points last year.
- UMass collected 49.4 fewer yards per game (300.1) than Toledo allowed (349.5) per contest last season.
- When the Minutemen piled up more than 349.5 yards last season, the team was 2-1 against the spread and 1-2 overall.
- UMass rushed for 146.8 yards per game last season, just 4.7 fewer yards than the 151.5 Toledo allowed per contest.
- The Minutemen had a 3-3 ATS record and a 1-5 overall record when the team rushed for more than 151.5 yards last season.
Toledo vs. UMass Betting Analysis
Toledo Betting Insights
- Toledo’s record against the spread last year was 7-6-0.
- Toledo went winless ATS (0-1) when playing as at least 28.5-point favorites last year.
- The Rockets finished with a 5-5 record in games they were favored on the moneyline last season (winning 50% of those games).
- The Rockets did not play a game last season with moneyline odds of -10000 or shorter.
- Last season, seven of Toledo’s 13 games went over the point total.
Minutemen Betting Insights
- UMass posted a 4-8-0 record against the spread last year.
- UMass had two wins ATS (2-4) as a 28.5-point underdog or greater last year.
- Last season, the Minutemen were the underdog five times and won one of those games.
- Last season, the Minutemen were at least a +1950 underdog on the moneyline six times, losing each of those contests.
- Out of 12 UMass games last year, seven went over the total.
Toledo vs. UMass Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||54.7||54.6||54.8|
|Implied Total AVG||34.5||35.4||33.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-5||1-4||4-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-1||1-0||0-1|
|Point Total AVG||58.0||57.5||58.5|
|Implied Total AVG||40.9||36.8||45.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-1||0-1||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-4||1-3||0-1|
Last Season’s Leaders
- In 13 games last year, Jamal Hines compiled 9.5 sacks to go with 12.0 TFL and 86 tackles.
- Desjuan Johnson collected 71 tackles, 9.0 TFL, and 4.5 sacks in 13 games.
- Jonathan Jones had 3.5 sacks to go with 5.0 TFL and 85 tackles in 13 games a season ago.
- Dyontae Johnson totaled one interception to go with 79 tackles, 5.0 TFL, two sacks, and one pass defended in 13 games played.
- With 1.5 sacks to go with 1.0 TFL and 48 tackles in 12 games, Gerrell Johnson was a significant contributor on defense.
- Donte Lindsey, who was on the field for 12 games, recorded 47 tackles and one interception.
- With 48 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one sack, Da’Shon Ross was a big player last season on defense.
- A significant player on defense, Te’Rai Powell had 36 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one sack.
Toledo vs. UMass Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this matchup is Toledo, and we expect that Toledo will cover the spread (Toledo -28.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 48.5 points.
Toledo vs. UMass betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on Toledo vs. UMass
You can bet on Toledo vs. UMass at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Toledo vs. UMass picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.