The No. 2 Ohio State Buckeyes (0-0) will battle the No. 5 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (0-0) at Ohio Stadium in Columbus, Ohio.
Ohio State vs. Notre Dame Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 17 points, with bookmakers listing Ohio State as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Ohio State has -825 odds to pick up the win, while Notre Dame is listed at +549 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 59.5 points.
10x your first bet. Up to $200 in bonus bets.
How to Watch Ohio State vs. Notre Dame Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 3, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ABC
- Location: Columbus, Ohio
- Stadium: Ohio Stadium
- Ohio State put up 26.0 more points per game (45.7) than Notre Dame gave up (19.7) last year.
- When the Buckeyes scored over 19.7 points last year, they were 6-6 against the spread and 10-2 overall.
- Ohio State racked up 561.2 yards per game last year, 201.7 more yards than the 359.5 Notre Dame allowed per contest.
- When the Buckeyes churned out more than 359.5 yards last season, the team was 6-6 against the spread and 10-2 overall.
- Last year Ohio State piled up 180.3 yards per game on the ground, 44.4 more than Notre Dame allowed per outing (135.9).
- When the Buckeyes rushed for more than 135.9 yards last season, they compiled a 6-3 ATS record and a 9-0 overall record.
- Notre Dame averaged 12.4 more points per game (35.2) than Ohio State allowed (22.8) last season.
- The Fighting Irish were 9-2 against the spread and 11-0 overall last season when the team notched over 22.8 points.
- Notre Dame racked up 52.1 more yards per game (426.2) than Ohio State gave up per contest (374.1) last season.
- In games that the Fighting Irish amassed over 374.1 yards last year, the team was 7-2 against the spread and 9-0 overall.
- Last year Notre Dame racked up 143.8 rushing yards per game, 15.9 more than Ohio State allowed per contest (127.9).
- The Fighting Irish had a 7-1 ATS record and an 8-0 overall record when the team rushed for more than 127.9 yards last year.
Ohio State vs. Notre Dame Betting Analysis
Ohio State Betting Insights
- Ohio State beat the spread six times in 12 games last season.
- Ohio State’s ATS record as at least 17-point favorites was 5-2 last season.
- The Buckeyes finished with a 9-2 record in games they were favored on the moneyline last season (winning 81.8% of those games).
- The Buckeyes won all seven games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -825 or shorter.
- In 12 Ohio State games last season, seven went over the total.
Fighting Irish Betting Insights
- Notre Dame covered the spread nine times in 13 games last year.
- Last season, the Fighting Irish were the underdog four times and won two of those games.
- The Fighting Irish were not a bigger underdog last season than the +549 moneyline set for this game.
- Last year, seven of Notre Dame’s 13 games went over the point total.
Ohio State vs. Notre Dame Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||64.1||65.4||62.3|
|Implied Total AVG||42.3||44.9||38.6|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||9-2||5-1||4-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Point Total AVG||53.7||54.4||52.4|
|Implied Total AVG||31.4||31.9||30.6|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||9-0||6-0||3-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-2||0-2||2-0|
Last Season’s Leaders
- As a playmaker on defense, Ronnie Hickman registered 96 tackles, one TFL, one sack, and two interceptions in 13 games last year.
- Tommy Eichenberg totaled 59 tackles, five TFL, and one interception in 13 games.
- In 13 games a season ago, Steele Chambers posted 45 tackles, four TFL, one sack, and one interception.
- In 2021, Cody Simon had one interception in addition to 55 tackles, two TFL, one sack, and one pass defended.
- On defense Isaiah Foskey, who played in 13 games, posted 49 tackles, six TFL, and 10.5 sacks.
- On defense, JD Bertrand recorded one sack to go with five TFL and 92 tackles.
- Jayson Ademilola played in 13 games and amassed 52 tackles, six TFL, and four sacks.
- Drew White was a key player on D last season, with one interception to go with 56 tackles, four TFL, 1.5 sacks, and one pass defended.
Ohio State vs. Notre Dame Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this contest is Ohio State, and we expect that Notre Dame will cover the spread (Ohio State -17). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 59.5 points.
Ohio State vs. Notre Dame betting card
- Pick ATS:
Fighting Irish (+17)
How to Bet on Ohio State vs. Notre Dame
You can bet on Ohio State vs. Notre Dame at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Ohio State vs. Notre Dame picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.