On Sunday, October 16, 2022, the Minnesota Vikings (4-1) visit the Miami Dolphins (3-2) at Hard Rock Stadium and will aim to extend a three-game winning streak.
Vikings vs. Dolphins Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 3 points, with oddsmakers listing the Vikings as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Vikings have -155 odds to pick up the win, while the Dolphins are listed at +135 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 45 points.
How to Watch Vikings vs. Dolphins Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, October 16, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Miami Gardens, Florida
- Stadium: Hard Rock Stadium
The Vikings are totaling 361.0 yards per game on offense, which ranks them 10th in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 24th, giving up 369.8 yards per game. The Vikings are totaling 23.0 points per game on offense this season (12th in NFL), and they are surrendering 20.4 points per game (15th) on defense.
The Vikings are putting up 259.2 passing yards per game on offense, which ranks them eighth in the NFL. On the other side of the ball, they rank 22nd, surrendering 249.4 passing yards per game. The Vikings are putting up 101.8 rushing yards per game on offense (21st in the NFL), and they rank 19th defensively with 120.4 rushing yards allowed per game.
The Vikings are putting up a 42.9% third-down conversion rate on offense (seventh in the NFL), and they rank 13th on the other side of the ball with a 36.2% third-down percentage allowed. This season, the Vikings are gaining 5.5 yards per play (16th in the league), while giving up 6.0 per play on the defensive side of the ball (25th in the NFL). With seven forced turnovers (13th in NFL) against six turnovers committed (10th in NFL), the Vikings’ +1 turnover margin ranks ninth in the NFL.
From an offensive perspective, the Dolphins are compiling 347.8 total yards per contest (16th-ranked). They rank 25th in the NFL defensively (386.8 total yards allowed per game). The Dolphins rank 12th in points per game (23.0), but they’ve been less productive on the defensive side of the ball, ranking fourth-worst in the NFL with 26.2 points ceded per contest.
The Dolphins rank fifth-worst in passing yards allowed per game (276.8), but at least they’ve been getting things done on the other side of the ball, ranking fifth-best in passing yards per contest (265.0). The Dolphins rank third-worst in rushing yards per game (82.8), but they’ve been more productive on the other side of the ball, ranking 13th in the NFL with 110.0 rushing yards allowed per contest.
The Dolphins rank 12th in third-down conversion percentage (40.7%) on offense, but they’ve been worse on the defensive side of the ball, ranking third-worst in the NFL with a 49.2% third-down percentage allowed. The Dolphins are fifth-worst in yards per play allowed on defense (6.1), but at least they’ve been playing well on the other side of the ball, fifth-best in yards per play (6.0). After forcing four turnovers (26th in NFL) and turning the ball over six times (10th in NFL) this season, the Dolphins own the 22nd-ranked turnover margin of -2.
Vikings vs. Dolphins Injury Report
Vikings vs. Dolphins Betting Analysis
Vikings Betting Insights
The Vikings have covered the spread one time over five games with a set spread. The Vikings have not covered a spread when playing as at least 3-point favorites (0-3).
This season, three Vikings games have gone over the point total. The Vikings finished with a 5-3 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 62.5% of those games).
When playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -155 or shorter, the Vikings went 4-2 (66.7%).
Dolphins Betting Insights
The Dolphins have gone 3-2-0 against the spread this season. The Dolphins have an ATS record of 2-1 when playing as at least 3-point underdogs.
This year, Dolphins games have hit the over twice. The Dolphins have entered the game as underdogs three times this season and won twice.
The Dolphins have a record of 2-1 in games where bookmakers have them as underdogs of at least +135 on the moneyline.
Vikings vs. Dolphins Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||46.5||47.2||45.5|
|Implied Total AVG||25.6||26.3||24.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||4-0||3-0||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-1||0-0||0-1|
|Point Total AVG||47.8||50.3||46.2|
|Implied Total AVG||26.0||27.0||25.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-1||1-0||0-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-1||1-0||1-1|
Players to Watch
- Kirk Cousins ranks ninth in the NFL with 1,327 passing yards through five games this year, averaging 265.4 per game with a 66.2% completion percentage and seven touchdowns against five interceptions.
- In addition to his passing statistics, Cousins also has 23 rushing yards (third on the Vikings), with one rushing touchdown.
- Justin Jefferson‘s 547 receiving yards this season (first in the NFL) have come from 55 targets and 40 receptions (second in the NFL). He’s averaging 109.4 receiving yards and 8.0 catches per game, with two receiving touchdowns.
- Dalvin Cook has 373 rushing yards with three touchdowns (74.6 yards per game across five games).
- Cook has 11 catches on 15 targets for 74 yards, though he has yet to score a touchdown in the passing game.
- Adam Thielen averages 5.0 receptions and 49.6 yards per game, and has 248 total receiving yards and 25 catches. He’s gotten 35 total targets, and has caught one touchdown pass.
- Over on the defensive side, Jordan Hicks has 45 tackles, 1.0 sack, and one interception in 2022.
- Cameron Dantzler has 2.0 TFL and 30 tackles.
- Danielle Hunter has put up 21 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and 3.0 sacks this year.
- This season, Eric Kendricks has 38 tackles and 1.0 TFL.
- Tua Tagovailoa has passed for 1,035 yards this year, with eight touchdowns (ninth in the NFL) and three interceptions. He is completing 69.6% of his passes while averaging 258.8 yards per game and 9.0 per attempt.
- Tyreek Hill has 38 catches (fourth in the NFL) for 524 yards (third in the NFL) and two receiving touchdowns. He has been targeted 50 times and averages 7.6 receptions per game in five games played.
- Jaylen Waddle has recorded 404 receiving yards (10th in the NFL) and three touchdowns (seventh in the NFL) on 24 receptions, while being targeted 38 times this season.
- Raheem Mostert puts up 52.0 rushing yards per game through five games (260 total yards), with one rushing touchdown.
- Mostert has also caught seven passes for 65 yards (sixth on the Dolphins). He’s been targeted 12 times and averages 13.0 yards per game.
- In 2022, Brandon Jones has put up 36 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 2.0 sacks through five games.
- Jerome Baker has 32 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 1.5 sacks. He is second on the Dolphins in tackles.
- During the 2022 season, Jevon Holland has 23 tackles, 1.5 sacks, and one interception through five games.
- Melvin Ingram has nine tackles, 2.0 TFL, 2.0 sacks, and one pass defended.
Vikings vs. Dolphins Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this game is the Dolphins, and we predict that Dolphins will cover the spread (Vikings -3). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 45 points.
How to Bet on Vikings vs. Dolphins
You can bet on Vikings vs. Dolphins at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Vikings vs. Dolphins picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.