The Indianapolis Colts (0-0) visit a fellow AFC South team on Sunday, September 11, 2022, when they square off against the Houston Texans (0-0) at NRG Stadium.
Colts vs. Texans Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 7 points, with sportsbooks listing the Colts as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Colts have -320 odds to pick up the win, while the Texans are listed at +265 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 45.5 points.
How to Watch Colts vs. Texans Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, September 11, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Stadium: NRG Stadium
- The Colts’ average points scored last season (26.5) and the Texans’ average points allowed (26.6) were within 0.1 points of each other.
- When Indianapolis put up over 26.6 points last season, it went 7-2 against the spread and 7-2 overall.
- The Texans’ defense gave up 384.4 yards per game last year, 37.3 more than the 347.1 the Colts’ offense averaged. The Colts picked up 5.6 yards per play and the Texans gave up 5.9.
- In games that Indianapolis picked up over 384.4 yards last year, the team was 4-1 against the spread and 3-2 overall.
- The Colts averaged 149.4 yards on the ground last season, just 7.2 yards more than the Texans allowed to opposing rushing attacks (142.2).
- Indianapolis had a 6-0 ATS record and a 6-0 overall record when the team rushed for over 142.2 yards last season.
- The average points per game for the Texans last year, 16.5, was 5.0 fewer than the 21.5 the Colts gave up.
- Houston was 7-0 against the spread and 4-3 overall last year when the team recorded over 21.5 points.
- The Texans’ offense gained 278.1 yards per game last season, 65.1 yards fewer than the 343.2 given up by the Colts’ defense. The Texans accumulated 4.7 yards per play, while the Colts allowed 5.6.
- When Houston piled up more than 343.2 yards last year, the team was 4-2 against the spread and 2-4 overall.
- The Colts allowed opposing rushing attacks to average 109.1 yards per game last year, compared to the 83.6 yards the Texans gained on the ground.
- Houston had a 2-1 ATS record and a 2-1 overall record when the team ran for over 109.1 yards last season.
Colts vs. Texans Injury Report
Colts: No Injuries Listed
Texans: No Injuries Listed
Colts vs. Texans Betting Analysis
Colts Betting Insights
- The Colts were 10-7-0 against the spread last year.
- The Colts had an ATS record of 3-3 as 7-point favorites or greater last year.
- Indianapolis won 62.5% of the games last season when it was favored on the moneyline (5-3).
- When playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -320 or shorter, Indianapolis had a 4-2 record (winning 66.7% of its games).
- There were eight Colts games (out of 17) that hit the over last year.
Texans Betting Insights
- The Texans had eight wins in 17 games against the spread last season.
- The Texans’ ATS record as underdogs of 7 points or greater was 6-7 last season.
- Houston was an underdog 16 times last season and won four, or 25%, of those games.
- Houston was 2-11 last season when entering a game as the underdog by +265 or more on the moneyline.
- There were eight Texans games (out of 17) that went over the total last year.
Colts vs. Texans Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||46.9||47.9||45.6|
|Implied Total AVG||26.7||27.1||26.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-3||4-2||1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||4-5||0-3||4-2|
|Point Total AVG||44.7||44.0||45.5|
|Implied Total AVG||27.7||26.8||28.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-1||0-1||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||4-12||2-6||2-6|
Players to Watch
- Last year over 17 games, Jonathan Taylor churned out 1,811 rushing yards (first in the NFL) and scored 18 rushing touchdowns. He averaged 106.5 yards per game and 5.5 per carry (seventh in the NFL).
- On top of his impact on the ground, Taylor caught 40 passes (on 51 targets) for 360 yards, with two receiving touchdowns. He averaged 21.2 yards per game.
- Last season for the Falcons, Matt Ryan had 3,968 passing yards, 20 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. His completion percentage was 67.0% and he averaged 233.4 yards per game and 7.1 per attempt.
- Ryan also had one rushing touchdown and 82 rushing yards.
- Over the course of 17 games played last season, Michael Pittman Jr. had 88 catches (5.2 receptions per game on 7.6 targets per game) for 1,082 yards and six receiving touchdowns.
- Nyheim Hines puts up 16.2 rushing yards per game through 17 games (276 total yards), with two rushing touchdowns.
- Hines added 40 catches (2.4 per game) for 310 yards (18.2 per game) and one receiving touchdown. He was on the receiving end of 57 targets.
- In 2021, Darius Leonard had 4.0 TFL, 122 tackles, and four interceptions over 16 games.
- Kenny Moore II had 1.0 sack in addition to his 6.0 TFL, 102 tackles, and four interceptions over 17 games.
- Bobby Okereke intercepted two passes on top of132 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and four passes defended during the 2021 campaign.
- DeForest Buckner had 7.0 sacks to go with 10.0 TFL and 67 tackles in 17 games.
- Davis Mills last year registered 2,664 passing yards with 16 passing touchdowns, 10 interceptions and a 66.8% completion percentage.
- On 134 targets, Brandin Cooks had 90 catches (5.6 per game) for 1,037 yards and six TDs in 16 games.
- Rex Burkhead scampered for 427 yards (26.7 yards per game) and three TDs.
- Burkhead contributed 186 yards and zero touchdowns on 25 grabs as a receiver.
- Nico Collins received 61 targets last year and turned them into 33 receptions (2.4 per game) for 446 yards and one TD.
- Last season Kamu Grugier-Hill collected 108 tackles, 13.0 TFL, 3.0 sacks, and one interception in 14 games.
- Desmond King II accumulated 1.0 TFL, 93 tackles, and three interceptions in 16 games.
- In 13 games, Christian Kirksey posted 93 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and one interception.
- Jalen Reeves-Maybin was a big contributor on D last season for the Lions, with 82 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and four passes defended.
Colts vs. Texans Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this matchup is the Colts, and we project that Colts will cover the spread (Colts -7). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 45.5 points.
How to Bet on Colts vs. Texans
You can bet on Colts vs. Texans at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Colts vs. Texans picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.