Mercedes-Benz Stadium is where the Pittsburgh Steelers (4-7) will do battle with the Atlanta Falcons (5-7) on Sunday, December 4, 2022.
Falcons vs. Steelers Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 1 point, with bookmakers listing the Falcons as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Falcons have -110 odds to pick up the win, while the Steelers are listed at -110 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 43 points.
How to Watch Falcons vs. Steelers Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, December 4, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Mercedes-Benz Stadium
The Falcons sport the 27th-ranked offense this year (315.3 yards per game), and they’ve been less effective defensively, ranking fifth-worst with 383.1 yards allowed per game. On offense, the Falcons rank 14th in the NFL with 22.7 points per game. Meanwhile, they rank 25th in points allowed (383.1 points allowed per contest).
The Falcons rank second-worst in passing offense (155.3 passing yards per game) and fifth-worst in passing defense (255.6 passing yards per game allowed) this season. The Falcons own the 21st-ranked defense this year in terms of rushing yards (127.5 rushing yards allowed per game), and they’ve been better on the other side of the ball, ranking fourth-best with 160 rushing yards per game.
In addition to a 47.2% third-down conversion rate allowed on defense, which ranks third-worst in the NFL, the Falcons have posted the 11th-ranked third-down percentage (41.5%) on offense. This season, the Falcons are gaining 5.5 yards per play (16th in the league), while surrendering 5.8 per play on the defensive side of the ball (26th in the NFL). With 15 forced turnovers (10th in NFL) against 16 turnovers committed (24th in NFL), the Falcons’ -1 turnover margin ranks 22nd in the NFL.
The Steelers rank fifth-worst in total yards per game (313), but they’ve been more effective on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 25th in the NFL with 367.7 total yards surrendered per contest. The Steelers’ offense has been a bottom-five unit this season, generating 17.6 points per game, which ranks fifth-worst in the NFL. On defense, they rank 24th with 23.7 points ceded per contest.
The Steelers rank 25th in passing yards per game (199.4), but they’ve been worse on the defensive side of the ball, ranking third-worst in the NFL with 263.7 passing yards allowed per contest. The Steelers rank 21st in the NFL with 113.6 rushing yards per contest on offense, and they rank seventh with 104 rushing yards ceded per game on the defensive side of the ball.
From an offensive standpoint, the Steelers are generating a 38.7% third-down conversion percentage (22nd-ranked). They rank 17th in the NFL defensively (39.7% third-down rate allowed). The Steelers’ offense has been struggling in terms of yards per play, ranking third-worst in the NFL at 4.8. They have been more productive defensively, allowing 5.7 yards per play (20th-ranked). With 16 forced turnovers (seventh in NFL) and 14 turnovers committed (16th in NFL) this season, the Steelers rank eighth in the NFL with a turnover margin of +2.
Falcons vs. Steelers Injury Report
Falcons vs. Steelers Betting Analysis
Falcons Betting Insights
The Falcons have covered the spread seven times in 12 games with a set spread. The Falcons are 1-2 ATS when playing as at least 1-point favorites.
Games involving the Falcons have hit the over six times this season. The Falcons put together a 4-2 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 66.7% of those games).
When playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -110 or shorter, the Falcons had a record of 4-2 (66.7%).
Steelers Betting Insights
The Steelers have covered the spread five times over 11 games with a set spread. In games this year when an underdog by 1 point or more, the Steelers have gone 4-4-1 against the spread.
Games involving Steelers have hit the over five times this season. This season, the Steelers have been the underdog nine times and won three of those games.
The Steelers have entered nine games this season as the underdog by -110 or more and are 3-6 in those contests.
Falcons vs. Steelers Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||45.4||46.3||44.4|
|Implied Total AVG||24.8||24.5||25|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-1||2-0||0-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-6||2-2||1-4|
|Point Total AVG||41.9||41.3||42.3|
|Implied Total AVG||24.2||23||25.2|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-1||1-1||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-6||1-2||2-4|
Players to Watch
- Marcus Mariota has 2,052 passing yards, 14 touchdowns and eight interceptions this year. He has completed 62% of his passes, averaging 171 yards per game and 7.4 per attempt.
- He has also rushed for 421 yards (third on the Falcons) and added four touchdowns on the ground, while averaging 35.1 rushing yards per game.
- Cordarrelle Patterson averages 5.2 yards per carry (11th in the NFL) and 63.3 yards per game, and has 506 total rushing yards. He has recorded five rushing TDs this season.
- Through 11 games, Tyler Allgeier has amassed 552 rushing yards, averaging 50.2 yards per game and scoring one touchdown.
- Allgeier has gotten 10 targets in the passing game and has 10 catches (0.9 per game) for 87 yards (7.9 per game) and one TD.
- Drake London has 41 receptions for 438 yards and four touchdowns. He’s been targeted 69 times in the air attack, and averages 3.4 receptions and 36.5 yards through 12 games played.
- On the defensive side, Rashaan Evans has 121 tackles, five TFL, one sack, and four passes defended in 2022.
- Mykal Walker has 93 tackles, two TFL, one sack, and two interceptions this season.
- Richie Grant has recorded 80 tackles, two TFL, and two interceptions so far this year.
- Grady Jarrett has 5.5 sacks (first on the Falcons) to go along with his nine TFL and 42 tackles on the season.
- Najee Harris has rushed for four touchdowns this year, and has 585 total rushing yards (53.2 per game and 3.7 per attempt).
- On top of his rushing statistics, Harris has caught 29 passes (on 36 targets) for 142 yards (fourth on the Steelers), with two receiving touchdowns. He’s averaging 12.9 yards per game.
- Kenny Pickett has 1,600 passing yards, three touchdowns and eight interceptions. His completion percentage is 66% and he averages 200 yards per game and 6 per attempt.
- He has tacked on 195 rushing yards (second on the Steelers), with three touchdowns on the ground (averaging 24.4 yards per game and 5.6 per carry).
- George Pickens has recorded 510 receiving yards and two touchdowns on 36 receptions, while being targeted 60 times on the season.
- Pat Freiermuth has 521 receiving yards and one touchdown from 47 receptions after receiving 71 targets.
- Alex Highsmith has 42 tackles, seven TFL, 10 sacks, and one pass defended in 2022.
- Myles Jack’s stats include 87 tackles and three passes defended.
- Over the 2022 campaign, Minkah Fitzpatrick has 55 tackles and three interceptions in nine games.
- Cameron Heyward has 43 tackles, six TFL, four sacks, and two passes defended.
Falcons vs. Steelers Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this game is the Steelers, and we project that Steelers will cover the spread (Falcons -1). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 43 points.
How to Bet on Falcons vs. Steelers
You can bet on Falcons vs. Steelers at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Falcons vs. Steelers picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.