On Monday, November 28, 2022, the Pittsburgh Steelers (3-7) go on the road to square off against the Indianapolis Colts (4-6-1) at Lucas Oil Stadium.
Colts vs. Steelers Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 2.5 points, with oddsmakers listing the Colts as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Colts have -135 odds to pick up the win, while the Steelers are listed at +115 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 39 points.
How to Watch Colts vs. Steelers Live?
- Game Day: Monday, November 28, 2022
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
- Stadium: Lucas Oil Stadium
On defense, the Colts have been a top-five unit, ranking fourth-best by allowing just 307.6 yards per game. They rank 25th on offense (321.4 yards per game). The Colts have been a bottom-five scoring offense this season, ranking second-worst with 15.7 points per game. Defensively, they are ranked 11th in the NFL (20.0 points allowed per game).
The Colts rank 17th in pass offense (222.6 passing yards per game) and sixth in pass defense (194.2 passing yards allowed per game) this season. On offense, the Colts rank 26th in the NFL with 98.7 rushing yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 12th in rushing yards allowed per contest (113.5).
The Colts are putting up a 36.9% third-down conversion rate on offense this year (25th in NFL), and they are allowing a 34.3% third-down conversion rate (sixth) on the other side of the ball. The Colts rank 27th in offensive yards per play (4.9) and sixth in yards per play allowed (5.0) this year. The Colts own the second-worst turnover margin in the NFL at -8, forcing 11 turnovers (21st in NFL) while turning it over 19 times (30th in NFL).
The Steelers’ defense has been bottom-five in total defense this season, ceding 375.5 total yards per game, which ranks fifth-worst. Offensively, they rank 27th with 312.0 total yards per contest. The Steelers’ offense has been bottom-five this season, generating 17.0 points per game, which ranks fifth-worst in the NFL. On defense, they rank 26th with 24.4 points surrendered per contest.
The Steelers rank 24th in passing yards per game (204.2), but they’ve been less productive on the defensive side of the ball, ranking second-worst in the NFL with 272.1 passing yards allowed per contest. In terms of rushing, the Steelers rank 22nd in the NFL on offense (107.8 rushing yards per game) and seventh on the other side of the ball (103.4 rushing yards allowed per game).
The Steelers rank 22nd in the NFL with a 37.6% third-down conversion rate on offense, and 21st with a 41.0% third-down percentage allowed on defense. The Steelers’ offense has been sputtering in terms of yards per play, ranking fourth-worst in the NFL at 4.8. They have been more productive on defense, allowing 5.8 yards per play (22nd-ranked). With 14 forced turnovers (ninth in NFL) and 14 turnovers committed (21st in NFL) this season, the Steelers rank 17th in the NFL with a turnover margin of 0.
Colts vs. Steelers Injury Report
Colts vs. Steelers Betting Analysis
Colts Betting Insights
The Colts are 5-6-0 against the spread this season. The Colts have yet to cover the spread when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites (0-4).
This season, Colts games have hit the over twice. The Colts finished with a 5-3 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 62.5% of those games).
In games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -135 or shorter, the Colts had a 4-3 record (winning 57.1% of their games).
Steelers Betting Insights
The Steelers have covered the spread in a game four times this season (4-5-1). In games they were an underdog in by 2.5 points or more so far this year, the Steelers went 3-4-1 against the spread.
Steelers games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under four times this season. The Steelers have won two of the eight games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
This season, the Steelers have won two of their eight games when they’re the underdog by at least +115 on the moneyline.
Colts vs. Steelers Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||43.4||44.2||42.7|
|Implied Total AVG||23.8||24.4||23.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-3-1||1-2||0-1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-3||1-1||2-2|
|Point Total AVG||42.1||41.3||42.9|
|Implied Total AVG||24.5||23.0||26.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-1||1-1||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-6||1-2||1-4|
Players to Watch
- Matt Ryan has 2,443 passing yards (10th in the NFL), 10 touchdowns and nine interceptions this year. He has completed 69.2% of his passes, averaging 271.4 yards per game and 6.8 per attempt.
- To go along with his passing stats, Ryan has 50 rushing yards (fifth on the Colts), with one rushing touchdown.
- Jonathan Taylor has collected 693 rushing yards with three touchdowns (86.6 yards per game over eight games). His 4.6 yards per attempt rank 26th in the league.
- He has also caught 21 passes (on 31 targets) for 97 receiving yards with zero touchdowns. He’s averaging 12.1 receiving yards and 2.6 catches per game.
- In the passing game, Michael Pittman Jr., has racked up 678 receiving yards and one touchdown after catching 67 balls (seventh in the NFL) on 92 targets. Per game, he’s averaging 67.8 yards and 6.7 receptions in 10 games.
- Parris Campbell averages 4.0 receptions and 40.0 yards per game, and has 440 total receiving yards and 44 catches. He’s gotten 60 total targets, and has caught three touchdown passes.
- On defense, Zaire Franklin has 108 tackles, 8.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and three passes defended in 2022.
- Bobby Okereke has 94 tackles and 4.0 TFL this season. His tackle total .
- Grover Stewart has totaled 52 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and 3.0 sacks so far this year.
- So far this season, Kenny Moore II has 54 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack.
- So far this year in 10 games, Najee Harris has racked up 550 rushing yards (leading the Steelers) and scored three rushing touchdowns. He averages 55.0 yards per game and 3.7 per carry (54th in the NFL).
- On top of his impact on the ground, Harris has caught 28 passes (on 35 targets) for 138 yards (fourth on the Steelers), with two receiving touchdowns. He’s averaging 13.8 yards per game.
- Kenny Pickett has 1,426 passing yards, three touchdowns and eight interceptions. His completion percentage is 65.4% and he averages 203.7 yards per game and 6.0 per attempt.
- Pickett also has three rushing touchdowns and 163 rushing yards (third on the Steelers).
- George Pickens has put up 453 receiving yards and two touchdowns on 33 receptions, while being targeted 54 times on the season.
- Pat Freiermuth has been targeted 67 times, resulting in 44 catches for 482 yards .
- So far in 2022, Alex Highsmith has 36 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and 9.0 sacks through 10 games.
- Myles Jack has registered 80 tackles over nine games.
- In the 2022 season, Minkah Fitzpatrick has 48 tackles and three interceptions in eight games.
- Cameron Heyward has 42 tackles, 6.0 TFL, 4.0 sacks, and two passes defended.
Colts vs. Steelers Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this matchup is the Colts, and we project that Colts will cover the spread (Colts -2.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 39 points.
How to Bet on Colts vs. Steelers
You can bet on Colts vs. Steelers at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Colts vs. Steelers picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.