On Sunday, September 25, 2022, the Baltimore Ravens (1-1) and the New England Patriots (1-1) do battle at Gillette Stadium.
Ravens vs. Patriots Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 2.5 points, with oddsmakers listing the Ravens as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Ravens have -145 odds to pick up the win, while the Patriots are listed at +125 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 44 points.
How to Watch Ravens vs. Patriots Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, September 25, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Foxborough, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Gillette Stadium
Despite sporting a bottom-five defense that ranks worst in the NFL (462.5 yards allowed per game), the Ravens have had more success on the other side of the ball, ranking 12th in the NFL by averaging 373.5 yards per game. On offense, the Ravens have been a top-five unit, ranking fourth-best in the NFL by compiling 31.0 points per game. They rank 24th on defense (25.5 points allowed per game). With 378.0 passing yards allowed per game on defense, which ranks worst in the NFL, the Ravens have been forced to lean on their ninth-ranked passing offense (264.5 passing yards per contest) to keep them competitive. The Ravens are putting up 109.0 rushing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 18th in the NFL. On defense, they rank eighth, surrendering 84.5 rushing yards per contest. The Ravens are putting up a 34.8% third-down conversion rate offensively this year (17th in NFL), and they are surrendering a 36.0% third-down percentage (14th) on defense. The Ravens own the 27th-ranked defense this year in terms of yards per play (6.3 yards per play allowed), and they’ve been more effective on offense, ranking best with 7.0 yards per play. The Ravens have forced four total turnovers (sixth in NFL) this season and have turned it over one time (first in NFL) for a turnover margin of +3, the third-best in the league.
The Patriots rank 22nd in the NFL with 323.5 total yards per game, but they’ve been lifted up by their defense, which ranks fourth-best by allowing just 275.0 total yards per contest. The Patriots have been struggling offensively, ranking fourth-worst in the NFL with 12.0 points per game. They have been more effective defensively, giving up 17.0 points per contest (eighth-ranked). With 222.5 passing yards per game on offense, the Patriots rank 17th in the NFL. Defensively, they rank ninth, surrendering 197.0 passing yards per contest. The Patriots’ run defense has been leading the charge for the team, as they rank fourth-best in the NFL with 78.0 rushing yards conceded per game. In terms of offense, they are putting up 101.0 rushing yards per game, which ranks 19th. The Patriots are putting up a 50.0% third-down conversion percentage on offense this season (sixth-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing a 48.3% third-down rate (26th-ranked) on defense. The Patriots are generating 5.4 yards per play on offense this season (14th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 4.7 yards per play (sixth-ranked) on defense. With two forced turnovers (18th in NFL) and four turnovers committed (22nd in NFL) this season, the Patriots rank 22nd in the NFL with a turnover margin of -2.
Ravens vs. Patriots Injury Report
Ravens: OT Ronnie Stanley: Out (Ankle), RB J.K. Dobbins: Questionable (Acl), CB Damarion Williams: Questionable (Ankle), TE Isaiah Likely: Questionable (Groin), CB Marlon Humphrey: Questionable (Groin), ILB Josh Ross: Out (Foot), WR James Proche: Questionable (Groin), DB Brandon Stephens: Questionable (Quad), OLB Steven Means: Out (Ankle)
Patriots: CB Jalen Mills: Questionable (Hamstring), DB Kyle Dugger: Questionable (Knee), FB Joshuah Bledsoe: Questionable (Groin), WR Tyquan Thornton: Out (Collarbone), LB Ronnie Perkins: Out (Undisclosed), WR Jakobi Meyers: Questionable (Knee), DT Davon Godchaux: Questionable (Back), LB Raekwon McMillan: Questionable (Thumb), DB Adrian Phillips: Questionable (Ribs), SS Cody Davis: Questionable (Calf)
Ravens vs. Patriots Betting Analysis
Ravens Betting Insights
The Ravens have gone 1-1-0 against the spread this season. In games they have played as 2.5-point favorites or more, the Ravens have an ATS record of 1-1. This season, Ravens games have hit the over once. The Ravens won 54.5% of the games last season when they were favored on the moneyline (6-5). When they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -145 or shorter, the Ravens had a 5-5 record (winning 50% of their games).
Patriots Betting Insights
The Patriots have not covered the spread in any matchup this year (0-1-1). The Patriots have not covered a spread when they are at least 2.5-point underdogs (0-1). Patriots games have yet to go over the total once this season. The Patriots lost the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season. The Patriots have played as an underdog of +125 or more once this season and lost that game.
Ravens vs. Patriots Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||43.8||43.5||44.0|
|Implied Total AVG||24.5||24.0||25.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-1||0-1||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Point Total AVG||43.0||43.0|
|Implied Total AVG||23.5||23.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-0||0-0||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-1||0-0||0-1|
Players to Watch
- Lamar Jackson has 531 passing yards, six touchdowns (fifth in the NFL) and one interception this year. He has completed 64.4% of his passes, averaging 265.5 yards per game and 9.0 per attempt.
- He has also rushed for 136 yards (first on the Ravens) and added one touchdown on the ground, while averaging 68.0 rushing yards per game.
- Rashod Bateman has caught six passes on 12 targets for 167 total yards and two touchdowns. He is averaging 3.0 catches and 83.5 yards per game in two games.
- In the passing game, Devin Duvernay, has totaled 96 receiving yards and two touchdowns (seventh in the NFL) after catching six balls on six targets. Per game, he’s averaging 48.0 yards and 3.0 receptions through two games.
- Mark Andrews has 14 catches for 156 yards and one touchdown. He’s been targeted 18 times in the passing game, and averages 7.0 receptions and 78.0 yards in two games played.
- On the defensive side, Marcus Williams has 22 tackles and three interceptions in 2022. His tackle total leads the Ravens and is sixth in the NFL.
- Chuck Clark has 15 tackles this season. He’s second on the Ravens in tackles.
- Justin Houston has recorded six tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 2.0 sacks this year.
- This season, Patrick Queen has 13 tackles and 0.5 sacks. He’s fourth on the Ravens in tackles.
- Mac Jones is averaging 7.2 passing yards per attempt (11th in the NFL) and 232.5 yards per game this year, completing 64.6% of his passes on the way to 465 total yards, two touchdowns and two interceptions through two games.
- Damien Harris averages 59.5 rushing yards per game over two games (119 total yards), while scoring one rushing touchdown.
- Harris also has four catches for 26 yards (fifth on the Patriots). He has been targeted five times and averages 13.0 yards per game.
- Through two games played this season, Nelson Agholor has nine catches (4.5 receptions per game on 5.5 targets per game) for 138 yards and one receiving touchdown.
- Jakobi Meyers has 13 catches for 150 yards without a receiving touchdown. He averages 6.5 yards per game through two games and has been targeted 19 times.
- Matthew Judon has put up 2.0 sacks (first on the Patriots and eighth in the NFL) to go with 1.0 TFL and nine tackles through two games so far in 2022.
- Deatrich Wise has 1.0 sack (second on the Patriots) to go with seven tackles.
- Over the 2022 season, Ja’Whaun Bentley has 12 tackles and 1.0 sack through two games.
- Myles Bryant has registered 12 tackles over two games.
Ravens vs. Patriots Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this game is the Ravens, and we expect that Ravens will cover the spread (Ravens -2.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 44 points.
How to Bet on Ravens vs. Patriots
You can bet on Ravens vs. Patriots at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Ravens vs. Patriots picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.