On Saturday, December 24, 2022, the Pittsburgh Steelers (6-8) and the Las Vegas Raiders (6-8) do battle at Acrisure Stadium.
Steelers vs. Raiders Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 2 points, with oddsmakers listing the Steelers as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Steelers have -135 odds to pick up the win, while the Raiders are listed at +115 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 38 points.
How to Watch Steelers vs. Raiders Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, December 24, 2022
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: NFLN
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Acrisure Stadium
The Steelers are averaging 317.7 yards per game on offense, which ranks them 26th in the NFL. On the other side of the ball, they rank 19th, allowing 347.8 yards per game. The Steelers are totaling 17.9 points per game offensively this year (27th in NFL), and they are giving up 22.1 points per game (13th) on the defensive side of the ball.
Offensively, the Steelers rank 24th in the NFL with 201.6 passing yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 24th in passing yards allowed per contest (238.8). The Steelers rank 18th in run offense (116.1 rushing yards per game) and seventh in run defense (109.0 rushing yards allowed per game) this year.
The Steelers are averaging a 42.9% third-down conversion rate on offense (eighth in the NFL), and they rank 13th on the other side of the ball with a 38.3% third-down conversion rate allowed. The Steelers have been a bottom-five offense in terms of yards per play this season, ranking fifth-worst with 4.9 yards per play. On defense, they rank 18th in the NFL (5.6 yards per play allowed). The Steelers rank 15th in the NFL with an even turnover margin after forcing 17 turnovers (16th in the NFL) and committing 17 (13th in the NFL).
From an offensive perspective, the Raiders are generating 358.1 total yards per contest (11th-ranked). They rank 24th in the NFL defensively (361.6 total yards surrendered per game). With 24.1 points per game on the offensive side of the ball, the Raiders rank 10th in the NFL. On defense, they rank 23rd, surrendering 24.1 points per game.
The Raiders rank 13th in the NFL with 231.9 passing yards per contest on offense, and they rank 26th with 244.3 passing yards allowed per game on the defensive side of the ball. In terms of rushing, the Raiders rank 13th in the NFL on offense (126.2 rushing yards per game) and 15th defensively (117.4 rushing yards allowed per contest).
The Raiders are generating a 38.2% third-down conversion percentage on offense this season (19th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing a 41.1% third-down rate (21st-ranked) on defense. From an offensive perspective, the Raiders are putting up 5.8 yards per play (sixth-ranked). They rank 24th in the NFL on the other side of the ball (5.7 yards allowed per play). The Raiders have registered 11 forced turnovers (31st in NFL) and committed 14 turnovers (third in NFL) this season for a -3 turnover margin that ranks 23rd in the NFL.
Steelers vs. Raiders Injury Report
|Andrew Billings||DT||Lower leg||Questionable|
Steelers vs. Raiders Betting Analysis
Steelers Betting Insights
The Steelers have gone 7-6-1 against the spread this season. The Steelers have yet to cover a spread (0-2) when they are at least 2-point favorites.
Steelers games have gone over the total six times this season. The Steelers won four of the seven games they were the moneyline favorite last season (57.1%).
When they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -135 or shorter, the Steelers had a record of 2-2-1 (40%).
Raiders Betting Insights
The Raiders have put together a record of 7-7-0 against the spread this year. In games they were an underdog in by 2 points or more so far this year, the Raiders have gone 3-1 against the spread.
Raiders games have gone over the total seven times this season. The Raiders have been underdogs in four games this season and won two (50%) of those contests.
This season, the Raiders have won two of their four games when they’re the underdog by at least +115 on the moneyline.
Steelers vs. Raiders Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||41.3||40.5||41.8|
|Implied Total AVG||23.4||22.3||24.1|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-2||1-2||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||4-6||1-2||3-4|
|Point Total AVG||46.9||46.7||47.1|
|Implied Total AVG||25.4||25.5||25.4|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||4-6||4-2||0-4|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-2||0-0||2-2|
Players to Watch
- Kenny Pickett has 1,797 passing yards in 10 games this year, averaging 179.7 per game with a 65.0% completion percentage and four touchdowns against eight interceptions.
- He has also rushed for 225 yards (third on the Steelers) and added three touchdowns on the ground, while averaging 22.5 rushing yards per game.
- George Pickens has 42 catches for 643 yards and two TDs. In 14 games, he is averaging 3.0 catches and 45.9 yards per game.
- In 13 games played, Pat Freiermuth is averaging 48.5 yards and 4.1 receptions per game to total 630 receiving yards and 53 catches. He’s been targeted 82 times, and has two receiving touchdowns.
- Mitchell Trubisky has passed for 1,252 yards, four touchdowns and five interceptions this year. He averages 178.9 yards per game and 7.0 per attempt, while completing 65.0%.
- He has added 38 rushing yards (5.4 per game) and two touchdowns on the ground.
- Over on the defensive side, Alex Highsmith has 50 tackles, 8.0 TFL, 11.0 sacks, and one pass defended in 2022.
- Minkah Fitzpatrick has 74 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and four interceptions this season.
- Cameron Heyward has put up 56 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and 6.5 sacks so far this year.
- This season, Devin Bush Jr. has 74 tackles and 2.0 TFL. He’s second on the Steelers in tackles.
- Josh Jacobs averages 106.8 rushing yards per game this year (1,495 total yards to rank first in the NFL), while scoring 11 rushing touchdowns.
- Jacobs has also been a piece of the passing attack with 363 yards (25.9 per game) on 46 receptions (3.3 per game), while being targeted 56 times. He is still seeking his first receiving touchdown.
- Derek Carr has 3,348 passing yards, 23 touchdowns (eighth in the NFL) and 11 interceptions. His completion percentage is 61.2% and he averages 239.1 yards per game and 7.1 per attempt.
- Through 14 games played this season, Davante Adams has 86 catches (6.1 receptions per game on 10.8 targets per game) for 1,275 yards (fourth in the NFL) and 12 receiving touchdowns (first in the NFL).
- Mack Hollins has 628 receiving yards and four touchdowns from 51 receptions after receiving 84 targets.
- Maxx Crosby has 77 tackles, 15.0 TFL, 11.5 sacks, and three passes defended in 2022.
- Denzel Perryman has registered 1.0 sack in addition to his 11.0 TFL, 78 tackles, and one interception through 11 games.
- Chandler Jones has 35 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 4.5 sacks, and three passes defended in the 2022 campaign.
- Nate Hobbs has put up 1.0 sack (fourth on the Raiders) to go with 1.0 TFL and 57 tackles over eight games.
Steelers vs. Raiders Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this contest is the Steelers, and we expect that Steelers will cover the spread (Steelers -2). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 38 points.
How to Bet on Steelers vs. Raiders
You can bet on Steelers vs. Raiders at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Steelers vs. Raiders picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.