The Philadelphia Eagles (11-1), who have won three straight games, enter into a game against the New York Giants (7-4-1) on Sunday, December 11, 2022 at MetLife Stadium.
Eagles vs. Giants Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 7 points, with bookmakers listing the Eagles as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Eagles have -305 odds to pick up the win, while the Giants are listed at +255 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 45.5 points.
How to Watch Eagles vs. Giants Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, December 11, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: East Rutherford, New Jersey
- Stadium: MetLife Stadium
The Eagles have been shining on both offense and defense, ranking third-best in total offense (388.3 yards per game) and second-best in total defense (296.3 yards allowed per game). The Eagles have the seventh-ranked defense this year (18.8 points allowed per game), and they’ve been more effective offensively, ranking second-best with 28.2 points per game.
The Eagles have the 13th-ranked offense this season in terms of passing yards (233.7 passing yards per game), and they’ve been better defensively, ranking best with just 178.3 passing yards allowed per game. On the offensive side of the ball, the Eagles have been a top-five unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking fifth-best in the NFL by putting up 154.6 per game. They rank 17th on defense (117.9 rushing yards allowed per game).
The Eagles own the 10th-ranked defense this year in terms of third-down efficiency (38.2% third-down percentage allowed), and they’ve been more effective offensively, ranking fourth-best with a 45.8% third-down percentage. The Eagles have been clicking on all fronts in terms of yards per play this year, as they rank fifth-best in offensive yards per play (5.9) and best in yards per play allowed on defense (4.7). The Eagles own the best turnover margin in the NFL at +13, forcing 23 turnovers (first in NFL) while turning it over 10 times (first in NFL).
In terms of total yards, the Giants rank 22nd in the NFL (330.1 total yards per game) and 22nd defensively (359.8 total yards allowed per contest). The Giants rank 21st in the NFL with 20.4 points per game on offense, and they rank 12th with 21.0 points ceded per game on the defensive side of the ball.
The Giants rank fifth-worst in passing yards per game (180.4), but they’ve been better on the other side of the ball, ranking 18th in the NFL with 218.8 passing yards allowed per contest. With 149.7 rushing yards per game on offense, the Giants rank sixth in the NFL. On defense they rank 26th, giving up 141.1 rushing yards per game.
From an offensive standpoint, the Giants are generating a 38.9% third-down conversion rate (20th-ranked). They rank sixth in the NFL on the other side of the ball (35.2% third-down rate allowed). The Giants rank 24th in the NFL with 5.1 yards per play on offense, and they rank 20th with 5.7 yards given up per play on defense. After forcing 15 turnovers (12th in NFL) and turning the ball over 12 times (fifth in NFL) this season, the Giants sport the eighth-ranked turnover margin of +3.
Eagles vs. Giants Injury Report
Eagles vs. Giants Betting Analysis
Eagles Betting Insights
The Eagles have gone 7-5-0 against the spread this season. The Eagles have an ATS record of 2-2 when playing as at least 7-point favorites.
This season, Eagles games have hit the over eight times. The Eagles were the moneyline favorite seven total times last season. They went 6-1 in those games.
The Eagles played as a moneyline favorite of -305 or shorter in just two games last season, and they won both.
Giants Betting Insights
The Giants have put together a record of 9-3-0 against the spread this season. The Giants are a perfect 2-0 ATS when playing as at least 7-point underdogs.
This year, Giants games have hit the over four times. This season, the Giants have been the underdog eight times and won five of those games.
The Giants have entered two games this season as the underdog by +255 or more and are 1-1 in those contests.
Eagles vs. Giants Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||45.6||44.6||47.1|
|Implied Total AVG||26.6||25.9||27.6|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||11-1||6-1||5-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Point Total AVG||42.7||41.8||44.0|
|Implied Total AVG||23.5||22.3||25.2|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-2||2-2||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||5-2-1||2-0-1||3-2|
Players to Watch
- Jalen Hurts has 2,940 passing yards (ninth in the NFL), 20 touchdowns (seventh in the NFL) and three interceptions this year. He has completed 68.1% of his passes, averaging 245.0 yards per game and 8.2 per attempt.
- He has tacked on 609 rushing yards (50.8 per game) and nine touchdowns on the ground.
- Miles Sanders‘ rushing output this season includes 924 yards (sixth in the NFL) and nine TDs. He is averaging 77.0 yards per game and 4.9 per attempt (15th in the NFL).
- A.J. Brown has nine touchdown catches this season (fourth in the NFL), and has 61 catches for 950 yards (seventh in the NFL) on 97 targets, while averaging 5.1 catches and 79.2 yards per game.
- DeVonta Smith has 61 catches for 711 yards and four touchdowns. He’s been targeted 87 times in the air attack, and averages 5.1 receptions and 59.3 yards in 12 games played.
- Over on the defensive side, T.J. Edwards has 109 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and 2.0 sacks in 2022. His tackle total leads the Eagles and is eighth in the NFL.
- Haason Reddick has 9.0 sacks (ninth in the NFL) to go with 5.0 TFL and 32 tackles.
- Javon Hargrave has put up 46 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and 8.0 sacks this year.
- Josh Sweat has 6.5 sacks (third on the Eagles) to go with 9.0 TFL and 36 tackles on the year.
- Daniel Jones is averaging 6.8 passing yards per attempt (20th in the NFL) and 197.1 yards per game this year, completing 66.0% of his passes on the way to 2,365 total yards, 11 touchdowns and four interceptions through 12 games.
- He’s added 522 yards on the ground (second on the Giants), with four rushing touchdowns. He’s averaging 43.5 yards per game and 5.7 per attempt.
- Saquon Barkley has 1,055 rushing yards (leading the Giants and fourth in the NFL) and eight rushing touchdowns, while averaging 87.9 yards per game and 4.4 per attempt (27th in the NFL).
- Barkley also has 40 catches for 241 yards (third on the Giants). He has been targeted 52 times and averages 20.1 yards per game.
- Through 11 games played this season, Darius Slayton has 33 catches (3.0 receptions per game on 4.7 targets per game) for 566 yards and two receiving touchdowns.
- Richie James Jr. has been targeted 38 times, resulting in 31 catches for 300 yards .
- Julian Love has amassed 1.0 sack to go with 6.0 TFL, 88 tackles, and two interceptions through 12 games in 2022.
- Dexter Lawrence has 54 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 6.0 sacks, and two passes defended.
- In the 2022 campaign, Jihad Ward has 34 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and 3.0 sacks through 12 games.
- Tae Crowder has totaled 1.0 sack as well as 3.0 TFL and 43 tackles.
Eagles vs. Giants Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this contest is the Eagles, and we project that Eagles will cover the spread (Eagles -7). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 45.5 points.
How to Bet on Eagles vs. Giants
You can bet on Eagles vs. Giants at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Eagles vs. Giants picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.