A couple of NFC South opponents clash on Thursday, November 10, 2022 at Bank of America Stadium when the Atlanta Falcons (4-5) and the Carolina Panthers (2-7) meet.
Falcons vs. Panthers Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 2.5 points, with oddsmakers listing the Falcons as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Falcons have -150 odds to pick up the win, while the Panthers are listed at +130 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 42 points.
How to Watch Falcons vs. Panthers Live?
- Game Day: Thursday, November 10, 2022
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: AMAZON
- Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
- Stadium: Bank of America Stadium
With 406.9 yards allowed per game on defense, which ranks second-worst in the NFL, the Falcons have had to rely on their 25th-ranked offense (320.1 yards per contest) to keep them competitive. From an offensive standpoint, the Falcons rank eighth in the NFL with 24.1 points per game. Meanwhile, they rank 26th in points allowed (406.9 points allowed per contest).
With 157.2 offensive passing yards per game (third-worst) and 300.0 passing yards allowed per game on defense (worst), the Falcons have been playing poorly on both sides of the ball this season in the passing game. Offensively, the Falcons have been a top-five unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking fourth-best in the NFL by totaling 162.9 per game. They rank eighth on defense (106.9 rushing yards allowed per game).
In addition to a 47.5% third-down percentage allowed on defense, which ranks fourth-worst in the NFL, the Falcons have posted the sixth-ranked third-down conversion rate (45.0%) on offense. In addition to 6.1 yards per play allowed on defense, which ranks second-worst in the NFL, the Falcons have posted the 13th-ranked yards-per-play average on offense (5.5). The Falcons have forced 13 total turnovers (eighth in NFL) this season and have turned it over 12 times (17th in NFL) for a turnover margin of +1, 13th-ranked in the NFL.
The Panthers have been sputtering offensively, ranking third-worst with 289.9 total yards per game. They have been better on defense, allowing 370.3 total yards per contest (27th-ranked). The Panthers have been sputtering defensively, ranking fourth-worst with 25.3 points surrendered per game. They have been better offensively, posting 19.9 points per contest (23rd-ranked).
The Panthers rank fifth-worst in passing yards per game (184.6), but they’ve been more productive on the other side of the ball, ranking 21st in the NFL with 231.0 passing yards allowed per contest. The Panthers rank 22nd in rushing yards per game (105.3), but they’ve been less productive on the other side of the ball, ranking fifth-worst in the NFL with 139.3 rushing yards allowed per contest.
The Panthers’ offense has not been getting things done on third down, ranking worst in the NFL with a 26.7% third-down conversion rate. They have been better on the defensive side of the ball, giving up a 42.6% third-down rate (25th-ranked). The Panthers are generating 5.3 yards per play on offense this season (17th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up 5.5 yards per play (15th-ranked) on defense. After forcing eight turnovers (24th in NFL) and turning the ball over 12 times (17th in NFL) this season, the Panthers have the 25th-ranked turnover margin of -4.
Falcons vs. Panthers Injury Report
Falcons vs. Panthers Betting Analysis
Falcons Betting Insights
The Falcons have registered a 6-3-0 record against the spread this season. The Falcons have yet to cover the spread when they are at least 2.5-point favorites (0-1).
This season, five Falcons games have gone over the point total. The Falcons were the moneyline favorite six total times last season. They went 4-2 in those games.
The Falcons played as a moneyline favorite of -150 or shorter in only two games last season, and they split them 1-1.
Panthers Betting Insights
The Panthers have covered the spread three times this season (3-6-0). The Panthers have an ATS record of 2-3 when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
This year, Panthers games have hit the over four times. The Panthers have won two of the six games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
The Panthers have entered five games this season as the underdog by +130 or more and are 1-4 in those contests.
Falcons vs. Panthers Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||46.0||45.9||46.1|
|Implied Total AVG||25.3||24.4||26.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-0||1-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-5||2-2||1-3|
|Point Total AVG||41.4||41.0||42.0|
|Implied Total AVG||23.3||22.8||24.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-3||0-2||0-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-4||2-1||0-3|
Players to Watch
- Marcus Mariota has 1,561 passing yards through nine games this year, averaging 173.4 per game with a 61.7% completion percentage and 10 touchdowns against six interceptions.
- He has also rushed for 304 yards (third on the Falcons) and added three touchdowns on the ground, while averaging 33.8 rushing yards per game.
- Cordarrelle Patterson averages 5.4 yards per carry (14th in the NFL) and 76.8 yards per game, and has 384 total rushing yards. He has recorded five rushing TDs this season.
- Tyler Allgeier has 423 rushing yards with one touchdown (52.9 yards per game through eight games).
- Allgeier has totaled six receptions on six targets for 95 yards, with one receiving TD.
- Drake London has 33 receptions for 369 yards and two touchdowns. He’s been targeted 56 times in the air attack, and averages 3.7 receptions and 41.0 yards through nine games played.
- On defense, Rashaan Evans has 1.0 sack (third on the Falcons) to go with 3.0 TFL and 87 tackles in 2022.
- Mykal Walker has 68 tackles, 1.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and one interception this season.
- Richie Grant has put up 61 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and two interceptions this year.
- Grady Jarrett has 30 tackles, 8.0 TFL, 4.5 sacks, and two passes defended.
- Through six games played this year, Baker Mayfield has racked up 1,117 passing yards, with six touchdowns against four interceptions and completing 56.6% of his attempts.
- He’s added 40 yards on the ground (fourth on the Panthers), while scoring one rushing touchdown. He’s averaging 6.7 yards per game and 2.9 per attempt.
- D.J. Moore has put together a 2022 stat sheet that includes 35 catches for 449 yards and three receiving touchdowns in nine games played. He has been on the receiving end of 71 targets and is averaging 3.9 receptions per game.
- D’Onta Foreman is averaging 32.9 rushing yards per game this season (296 total yards), while scoring three rushing touchdowns.
- In five games, Phillip Walker has 623 passing yards, while throwing three touchdowns against three interceptions and completing 58.9% of his passes.
- Brian Burns has 6.0 sacks (first on the Panthers) to go with 9.0 TFL and 38 tackles over nine games in 2022.
- Frankie Luvu has 44 tackles, 7.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and one interception. He is fourth on the Panthers in tackles.
- Shaq Thompson has 69 tackles and 3.0 TFL in the 2022 season. He leads the Panthers in tackles.
- Derrick Brown’s season stats include 42 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and one interception in nine games. He is fifth on the Panthers in tackles.
Falcons vs. Panthers Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this matchup is the Panthers, and we predict that Panthers will cover the spread (Falcons -2.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 42 points.
How to Bet on Falcons vs. Panthers
You can bet on Falcons vs. Panthers at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Falcons vs. Panthers picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.