The Los Angeles Rams (4-10) stay home at SoFi Stadium on Sunday, December 25, 2022 to take on the Denver Broncos (4-10).
Broncos vs. Rams Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 3 points, with oddsmakers listing the Broncos as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Broncos have -165 odds to pick up the win, while the Rams are listed at +140 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 36.5 points.
How to Watch Broncos vs. Rams Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, December 25, 2022
- Game Time: 4:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Inglewood, California
- Stadium: SoFi Stadium
The Broncos have the 27th-ranked offense this season (316.1 yards per game), and they’ve been even more effective defensively, ranking fourth-best with only 309.0 yards allowed per game. The Broncos have the third-best defense this season in terms of points allowed (18.1 points allowed per game), but they rank worst offensively (15.6 points per game).
The Broncos rank 22nd in passing yards this year (208.4 per game), but they’ve been thriving on the defensive side of the ball, ranking fifth-best in the NFL with 194.5 passing yards allowed per game. The Broncos rank 23rd in run offense (107.8 rushing yards per game) and 14th in run defense (114.5 rushing yards allowed per game) this season.
The Broncos have struggled on third down, ranking worst in the NFL (28.6%) this season. However, they rank second-best on defense, allowing a 32.1% third-down conversion rate. This season, the Broncos are putting up 5.0 yards per play on offense (25th in the league), while featuring the fourth-best yards per play on defense in the NFL (4.9). With 19 forced turnovers (10th in NFL) against 16 turnovers committed (ninth in NFL), the Broncos’ +3 turnover margin ranks 10th in the NFL.
The Rams rank worst in total yards per game (273.9), but they’ve been better defensively, ranking 13th in the NFL with 331.6 total yards surrendered per contest. The Rams have not been getting things done offensively, ranking second-worst in the NFL with 16.4 points per game. They have been more effective on defense, giving up 22.9 points per contest (19th-ranked).
The Rams are putting up 188.9 passing yards per contest on offense this season (25th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 227.1 passing yards per contest (21st-ranked) on defense. On the offensive side of the ball, the Rams are a bottom-five rushing attack, accumulating only 85.1 rushing yards per game (third-worst). On the bright side, they are dominating on the defensive side of the ball, ceding just 104.5 rushing yards per contest (fourth-best).
From an offensive perspective, the Rams are generating a 39.2% third-down conversion rate (18th-ranked). They rank 22nd in the NFL on the other side of the ball (41.4% third-down rate allowed). The Rams’ offense has been a bottom-five unit in yards per play this season, posting 4.6, which ranks worst in the NFL. On defense, they rank 14th, giving up 5.4 yards per play. The Rams have forced 16 turnovers this season and have turned it over 21 times, resulting in a -5 turnover margin that is fifth-worst in the NFL.
Broncos vs. Rams Injury Report
Broncos vs. Rams Betting Analysis
Broncos Betting Insights
The Broncos have covered the spread in a matchup six times this season (6-8-0). The Broncos are winless against the spread when they are 3-point favorites or more (0-3).
Broncos games have gone over the total three times this season. The Broncos won 45.5% of the games last season when they were the moneyline favorite (5-6).
The Broncos finished 4-1 last year (winning 80% of their games) when they played as a moneyline favorite of -165 or shorter.
Rams Betting Insights
The Rams have compiled a 4-8-2 record against the spread this season. The Rams have an ATS record of 2-1-2 when playing as at least 3-point underdogs.
Rams games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under five times this season. The Rams have entered the game as underdogs eight times this season and won once.
The Rams have a record of 1-3 when they’re set as an underdog of +140 or more by oddsmakers this season.
Broncos vs. Rams Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||41.7||41.6||41.7|
|Implied Total AVG||22.9||23.3||22.6|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-4||2-2||1-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-6||1-2||0-4|
|Point Total AVG||42.6||42.9||42.3|
|Implied Total AVG||24.2||24.3||24.2|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-3||2-3||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-7||1-2||0-5|
Players to Watch
- Russell Wilson has 2,805 passing yards, 11 touchdowns and six interceptions this year. He has completed 60.4% of his attempts, averaging 233.8 yards per game and 7.1 per attempt.
- He has added 215 rushing yards (17.9 per game) and one touchdown on the ground.
- Jerry Jeudy has 49 catches for 663 yards and six TDs. In 12 games, he is averaging 4.1 catches and 55.3 yards per game.
- Through nine games played, Greg Dulcich is averaging 41.3 yards and 3.2 receptions per game on the way to 372 receiving yards and 29 catches. He’s been targeted 47 times, and has one receiving touchdown.
- Chase Edmonds has rushed for 135 yards with two touchdowns (13.5 yards per game through 10 games).
- He’s added 11 catches (on 19 targets) for 96 receiving yards with one touchdown. He’s averaging 9.6 receiving yards and 1.1 receptions per game.
- On the defensive side, Josey Jewell has 104 tackles, 7.0 TFL, 2.5 sacks, and two interceptions in 2022.
- Alex Singleton has 115 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and three passes defended.
- Patrick Surtain II has totaled two interceptions and added 54 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 10 passes defended.
- This season, Kareem Jackson has 79 tackles and 2.0 TFL.
- Baker Mayfield has thrown for 1,654 yards this year, with eight touchdowns and seven interceptions. He is completing 58.4% of his passes while averaging 183.8 yards per game and 6.3 per attempt.
- He’s added 63 yards on the ground (fourth on the Rams), while scoring one rushing touchdown. He’s averaging 7.0 yards per game and 3.0 per attempt.
- Cam Akers has 441 rushing yards (leading the Rams) and four rushing touchdowns, while averaging 36.8 yards per game and 3.5 per carry (46th in the NFL).
- This season, Tyler Higbee has caught 56 passes for 482 receiving yards with one touchdown through the air. He has been targeted 86 total times and is averaging 4.0 receptions per game through 14 games played.
- Van Jefferson has 15 catches for 212 yards and three receiving touchdowns. He averages 1.9 yards per game in eight games and has been targeted 30 times.
- In 2022, Bobby Wagner has amassed 118 tackles, 7.0 TFL, 5.0 sacks, and one interception through 14 games.
- Jalen Ramsey has one interception on top of 71 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 2.0 sacks, and 11 passes defended.
- Ernest Jones has 3.0 TFL, 98 tackles, and one interception in the 2022 campaign.
- Nick Scott has intercepted two passes to go with 75 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and five passes defended.
Broncos vs. Rams Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this matchup is the Broncos, and we predict that Rams will cover the spread (Broncos -3). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 36.5 points.
How to Bet on Broncos vs. Rams
You can bet on Broncos vs. Rams at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Broncos vs. Rams picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.