The NFC West-leading San Francisco 49ers (3-3) square off against the Kansas City Chiefs (4-2), leaders of the AFC West, at Levi’s Stadium on Sunday, October 23, 2022.
Chiefs vs. 49ers Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 1 point, with oddsmakers listing the Chiefs as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Chiefs have -120 odds to pick up the win, while the 49ers are listed at +100 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 49 points.
How to Watch Chiefs vs. 49ers Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, October 23, 2022
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Santa Clara, California
- Stadium: Levi’s Stadium
The Chiefs are compiling 382.3 yards per game on offense, which ranks them sixth in the NFL. On defense, they rank 19th, surrendering 356.5 yards per contest. On the offensive side of the ball, the Chiefs have been a top-five unit, ranking best in the NFL by totaling 29.8 points per game. They rank 24th on defense (24.8 points allowed per game).
The Chiefs own the 27th-ranked defense this season in terms of passing yards (266.0 allowed per game), and they’ve been better on the other side of the ball, ranking fourth-best with 275.8 passing yards per game. On the defensive side of the ball, the Chiefs have been a top-five unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking fourth-best by allowing just 90.5 per game. They rank 20th on offense (106.5 rushing yards per game).
Offensively, the Chiefs have been a top-five unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking second-best in the NFL by putting up a 50.0% third-down conversion rate. They rank 13th on defense (38.2% third-down conversion rate allowed). The Chiefs are putting up 5.9 yards per play on offense, which ranks them seventh in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 13th, giving up 5.4 yards per play. With five forced turnovers (26th in NFL) against six turnovers committed (seventh in NFL), the Chiefs (-1) have the 20th-ranked turnover margin in the league.
The 49ers have been thriving on defense, allowing only 255.8 total yards per contest (best). Offensively, they rank 18th by putting up 340.2 total yards per game. The 49ers’ defense has been paving the way for the team, as they rank second-best in the NFL with 14.8 points allowed per contest. In terms of offense, they are accumulating 20.3 points per game, which ranks 20th.
The 49ers have been thriving on pass defense, allowing just 168.3 passing yards per contest (second-best). On offense, they rank 22nd in the NFL by racking up 216.2 passing yards per game. The 49ers’ run defense has been paving the way for the team, as they rank second-best in the NFL with 87.5 rushing yards conceded per game. In terms of offense, they are accumulating 124.0 rushing yards per game, which ranks 12th.
The 49ers are posting a 40.5% third-down conversion rate on offense this season (15th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing a 35.7% third-down rate (ninth-ranked) on defense. The 49ers have been dominant on defense in terms of yards per play, surrendering only 4.2 (best). Offensively, they rank 10th in the NFL by putting up 5.7 yards per play. At -2, the 49ers have the 21st-ranked turnover margin in the NFL, with seven forced turnovers (18th in NFL) and nine turnovers committed (22nd in NFL).
Chiefs vs. 49ers Injury Report
Chiefs vs. 49ers Betting Analysis
Chiefs Betting Insights
The Chiefs are 2-4-0 against the spread this season. The Chiefs are 1-3 ATS when playing as at least 1-point favorites.
This season, Chiefs games have hit the over three times. The Chiefs put together a 12-5 record in games they were favored on the moneyline last season (winning 70.6% of those games).
In games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -120 or shorter, the Chiefs had a record of 12-5 (70.6%).
49ers Betting Insights
The 49ers have put together a record of 3-3-0 against the spread this year.
This season, 49ers games have hit the over once. The 49ers have not played a game this season while listed as the underdog.
The 49ers have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +100.
Chiefs vs. 49ers Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||51.7||52.7||50.7|
|Implied Total AVG||28.0||28.3||27.7|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-1||2-0||1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-1||0-1||1-0|
|Point Total AVG||41.8||40.8||42.3|
|Implied Total AVG||23.2||23.0||23.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-3||2-0||1-3|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
Players to Watch
- Patrick Mahomes II ranks third in the NFL with 1,736 passing yards in six games this year, averaging 289.3 per game with a 65.9% completion percentage and 17 touchdowns (first in the NFL) against four interceptions.
- He has added 113 rushing yards (18.8 per game) without a touchdown on the ground.
- Travis Kelce‘s 455 receiving yards this season (10th in the NFL) have come from 52 targets and 41 receptions (sixth in the NFL). He’s averaging 75.8 receiving yards and 6.8 catches per game, with seven receiving touchdowns (first in the NFL).
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire has 256 rushing yards with two touchdowns (42.7 yards per game through six games).
- Edwards-Helaire has 16 receptions on 18 targets for 137 yards, with three receiving TDs.
- JuJu Smith-Schuster averages 4.5 receptions and 61.7 yards per game, and has 370 total receiving yards and 27 catches. He’s gotten 40 total targets, and has caught one touchdown pass.
- On defense for the Chiefs, L’Jarius Sneed has powered the unit with 47 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 3.0 sacks in 2022.
- Nick Bolton has 59 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and 2.0 sacks so far this season. His tackle total leads the Chiefs and is sixth in the NFL.
- Jaylen Watson has collected 23 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one interception this year.
- Darius Harris has 1.0 sack in addition to his 2.0 TFL and 31 tackles this year.
- Christian McCaffrey averages 65.5 rushing yards per game this year (393 total yards), while scoring two rushing touchdowns.
- On top of his impact on the ground, McCaffrey has caught 33 passes (on 42 targets) for 277 yards (third on the 49ers), with one receiving touchdown. He’s averaging 46.2 yards per game.
- Jimmy Garoppolo has 1,153 passing yards, seven touchdowns and three interceptions. His completion percentage is 63.5% and he averages 230.6 yards per game and 7.8 per attempt.
- He has tacked on 18 rushing yards (eighth on the 49ers), with one touchdown on the ground (averaging 3.6 yards per game and 1.8 per carry).
- This season, Deebo Samuel has caught 27 passes for 345 receiving yards with two touchdowns through the air. He has been targeted 48 total times and is averaging 4.5 receptions per game over six games played.
- Jeff Wilson Jr. puts up 66.7 rushing yards per game over six games (400 total yards), with two rushing touchdowns.
- Wilson has also caught eight passes for 70 yards (seventh on the 49ers). He’s been targeted 10 times and averages 11.7 yards per game.
- Talanoa Hufanga has put up 1.0 sack (fifth on the 49ers) to go with 3.0 TFL, 36 tackles, and two interceptions through six games so far in 2022.
- Nick Bosa has registered 6.0 sacks in addition to his 5.0 TFL and 15 tackles over five games. He’s second in the NFL in sacks.
- Dre Greenlaw has 54 tackles and 2.0 TFL in the 2022 season. He leads the 49ers in tackles.
- Fred Warner has 44 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and two passes defended.
Chiefs vs. 49ers Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this contest is the Chiefs, and we project that Chiefs will cover the spread (Chiefs -1). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 49 points.
How to Bet on Chiefs vs. 49ers
You can bet on Chiefs vs. 49ers at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Chiefs vs. 49ers picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.