The Nascar Cup Series travels to Indiana for it’s second ever race on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course. The green flag drops for this Sunday’s Verizon 200 at the Brickyard at 2:30 pm et with the Chase Elliott running hot and looking for his first road course win since in the last seven races. I headed back to Fanduel Sportsbook to shop all the pre-practice/qualifying odds and found my favorite bets to make for Indy. See my good, maybe really good Pocono betting card results, and my Verizon 200 at the Brickyard card with my best bet below.
|M&M’s Fan Appreciation 400 Betting Recap||Bet Result|
|Erik Jones Top 10 +200||L (Unofficial Results) / W (Official Results)|
|Daniel Suarez -112 Over Chase Briscoe||W|
|William Byron to win +1200||L|
|Best Bet: Bubba Wallace Top 10 +120||W|
See the M&M’s Fan Appreciation 400 Article here
Verizon 200 at the Brickyard Betting Card
Top 10 Finish: Ty Gibbs Top 10 +210
WOW! What a debut for Ty Gibbs at Pocono. The kid was thrown into the nextgen car and the Cup Series at the last minute and in my opinion, wound up producing the most impressive race. He finished 16th after Denny Hamlin and Kyle Busch were ultimately DQ’d and this was after starting the race at the rear of the field. He’s probably the most talented Xfinity driver, and has some decent success on road courses at that level with
- 3 Wins including Road America this season, 4 Top 5’s, and a total of 5 Top 10’s on road courses during his two seasons in the Xfinity Series.
The #45 car and 23/11 team overall has shown tremendous speed and growth during the latter part of the season, and Gibbs looked plenty good enough last week. His talent is more than enough to potentially crap the Top 10 in this level of car, especially at a track type he’s done pretty well at.
Outright: Ryan Blaney +2000
Blaney has been much better than what the results may say as he
- Ranks top 5 in Driver Rating, Avg. Position, %Laps in the Top 15, Quality passes, Average Finish, Total Top 5’s, and overall Stage wins so far in 2022
He’s almost always near the front of the field at some point on Sunday’s and he’s been great at road courses this season and throughout his career.
- Low finish of 11th over his last five road course races
- 6th best speed ranking at the three races this season
- Road courses are actually his best career track type with an average finish of 12.2
Blaney was oh so close to taking the Daytona 500, won the All-Star Race, and has led laps in 17 of the 21 races so far this year. He’s probably on the outside looking in for the playoffs without a win over these last races and simply put, HE’S DUE!
Verizon 200 at the Brickyard Best Bet: Austin Cindric Top 10 -185
These odds are understandably very short but there is very good reason as to why.
- Dominated road courses in the Xfinity Series winning 5 times including last year’s race here and notching 14 Top 5’s in 20 career races at that level.
Cindric received his “cup of coffee” in the Cup Series last season running seven races with three of them being road courses.
- He Qualified Top 5 in two of those three road races
- Finished 9th here which was his best finish among his seven Cup events of the season
He’s now in a better car, and his talents at these tracks are really showing during his rookie year.
- Has the 4th best speed ranking at the three road courses this season
- He’s Finished 8th or better at all three of these events
Austin has elevated his game recently at all track types too with his best string of performances finishing top 10 in four of the five races prior to Sunday’s disaster at Pocono. Another strong qualifying performance on Saturday will only shorten these odds further so I have no problem laying the extra juice.
This article is intended for entertainment purposes and adult users only. Call 1-800-GAMBLER if you have a gambling problem
Featured Image credit: Buda Mendes/Getty Images