SEC foes will meet when the Mississippi State Bulldogs (2-0) meet the LSU Tigers (1-1).
Mississippi State vs. LSU Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 3 points, with oddsmakers listing Mississippi State as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Mississippi State has -151 odds to pick up the win, while LSU is listed at +122 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 53 points.
Great promos & odds boosts
How to Watch Mississippi State vs. LSU Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 17, 2022
- Game Time: 6:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Stadium: Tiger Stadium
- Mississippi State averaged 29.1 points per game last season, comparable to the 26.6 per matchup LSU allowed.
- The Bulldogs were 5-2 against the spread and 5-2 overall last season when the team scored over 26.6 points.
- Mississippi State averaged 64.0 more yards per game (441.5) than LSU allowed per matchup (377.5) last season.
- In games that the Bulldogs amassed over 377.5 yards last season, the team was 6-4 against the spread and 6-4 overall.
- Last season Mississippi State piled up 63.2 yards per game on the ground, 77.6 fewer than LSU allowed per outing (140.8).
- LSU averaged 26.5 points per game last year, comparable to the 25.9 Mississippi State surrendered.
- The Tigers were 4-3 against the spread and 6-1 overall last year when the team put up more than 25.9 points.
- LSU averaged 23.6 more yards per game (368.6) than Mississippi State allowed per outing (345.0) last season.
- When the Tigers piled up over 345.0 yards last year, the team was 3-4 against the spread and 4-3 overall.
- Last year LSU ran for just 0.6 more yards (114.2) than Mississippi State allowed per outing (113.6).
- Last year the Tigers had a 1-2 ATS record and a 2-1 overall record in games the team ran for more than 113.6 yards.
Mississippi State vs. LSU Betting Analysis
Mississippi State Betting Insights
- Mississippi State’s record against the spread last year was 7-6-0.
- Mississippi State won twice ATS (2-3) as at least a 3-point favorites.
- The Bulldogs finished 3-3 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 50% of those games).
- In games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -151 or shorter, the Bulldogs went 1-0 (50%).
- In 13 Mississippi State games last season, six hit the over.
Tigers Betting Insights
- Against the spread, LSU was 5-7-1 last season.
- As 3-point underdogs or greater, LSU went 3-2-1 against the spread last season.
- The Tigers were underdogs in seven games last season and won two (28.6%) of those contests.
- The Tigers entered six games last season as the underdog by +122 or more and were 2-2 in those contests.
- There were six LSU games (out of 13) that hit the over last season.
Mississippi State vs. LSU Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||55.2||55.9||54.3|
|Implied Total AVG||33.2||34.6||31.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-3||2-1||1-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-3||1-2||2-1|
|Point Total AVG||59.2||58.4||60.1|
|Implied Total AVG||35.9||37.1||34.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-2||2-1||1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-5||2-1||0-4|
Last Season’s Leaders
- In 13 games last year, Nathaniel Watson totaled 5.0 sacks to go with 5.0 TFL and 70 tackles.
- In 13 games in 2021, Tyrus Wheat compiled one interception to go with 46 tackles, 6.0 TFL, six sacks, and one pass defended.
- Emmanuel Forbes totaled 1.0 sack to go with 2.0 TFL, 52 tackles, and three interceptions in 13 games played a season ago.
- Jett Johnson recorded 66 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one interception over 13 games played in 2021.
- With 5.5 sacks to go with 12.0 TFL, 122 tackles, and one interception in 13 games, Damone Clark was an important contributor on defense.
- Micah Baskerville accumulated 2.0 sacks to go along with 7.0 TFL, 75 tackles, and one interception in 13 games.
- BJ Ojulari posted 42 tackles, 9.0 TFL, and seven sacks in 13 games.
- Jay Ward amassed 60 tackles and two interceptions in 13 games.
Mississippi State vs. LSU Predictions and Pick
Mississippi State vs. LSU betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on Mississippi State vs. LSU
You can bet on Mississippi State vs. LSU at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Mississippi State vs. LSU picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Our prediction to win this contest is LSU, and we predict that LSU will cover the spread (Mississippi State -3). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 53 points.