The Memphis Tigers (3-1) face an AAC matchup with the Temple Owls (2-2).
Memphis vs. Temple Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 19.5 points, with bookmakers listing Memphis as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Memphis has -1204 odds to pick up the win, while Temple is listed at +700 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 50.5 points.
How to Watch Memphis vs. Temple Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, October 1, 2022
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPNU
- Location: Memphis, Florida
- Stadium: Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium
With 426.0 yards allowed per game on defense, which ranks 25th-worst in the FBS, Memphis has had to lean on its 63rd-ranked offense (420.3 yards per contest) to keep them competitive. Memphis is averaging 37.0 points per game on offense, which ranks them 37th in the FBS. Defensively, the defense ranks 100th, surrendering 32.0 points per game. Despite having a bottom-25 pass defense that ranks ninth-worst in the FBS (298.8 passing yards allowed per game), Memphis has put up better results on offense, ranking 46th in the FBS by averaging 270.3 passing yards per game. Memphis is compiling 150.0 rushing yards per game on offense (80th in the FBS), and ranks 53rd defensively with 127.3 rushing yards allowed per game. In addition to a 49.2% third-down conversion rate allowed on defense, which ranks 11th-worst in the FBS, Memphis has posted the 84th-ranked third-down percentage (36.5%) on offense. With nine forced turnovers (11th in the FBS) against two turnovers committed (ninth in the FBS), Memphis’ +7 turnover margin is the sixth-best in college football.
Temple ranks eighth-worst in total yards per game on offense (279.3), but at least it has been shutting down opposing offenses on defense, ranking 16th-best in total yards surrendered per game (267.5). While Temple’s offense has been sputtering, ranking 15th-worst with 18.0 points per game, its defense ranks 18th-best with just 15.0 points ceded per contest. While Temple’s pass offense has been sputtering, ranking 23rd-worst with 187.5 passing yards per game, its defense ranks fifth-best with just 137.5 passing yards surrendered per contest. Temple’s rushing offense has been bottom-25 this season, putting up 91.8 rushing yards per game, which ranks 11th-worst in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 55th with 130.0 rushing yards conceded per contest. On the offensive side of the ball, Temple is a bottom-25 unit on third down, putting up a 30.8% third-down conversion percentage (13th-worst). Fortunately, it is thriving on defense, ceding a 21.1% third-down rate (third-best). Temple owns a -8 turnover margin this season, which ranks 100th in the FBS.
Memphis vs. Temple Betting Analysis
Memphis Betting Insights
Memphis has covered the spread one time this season (1-3-0). All Memphis games have gone over the total this season. The Tigers have won all three of the games they have been favored on the moneyline this season. The Tigers have not yet played a game with moneyline odds of -1204 or shorter.
Owls Betting Insights
Temple is 3-1-0 against the spread this year. Games involving Temple has hit the over once this season. The Owls have lost both games they’ve played as underdogs this season. The Owls have played as an underdog of +700 or more once this season and lost that game.
Memphis vs. Temple Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||59.6||66.3||53.0|
|Implied Total AVG||36.0||40.0||32.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-0||2-0||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-1||0-0||0-1|
|Point Total AVG||44.5||42.2||51.5|
|Implied Total AVG||29.3||28.7||31.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-0||2-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-2||0-1||0-1|
Players to Watch
- With 33 tackles and two interceptions in four games, Quindell Johnson has been a significant part of the Tigers’ defense in 2022.
- Jaylon Allen has hit the gridiron for four games, delivering one interception to go along with 28 tackles, 2.0 TFL, two sacks, and one pass defended for the Tigers.
- Xavier Cullens has helped spur the Tigers’ defense with one interception to go along with 27 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one pass defended in four games.
- A significant contributor to the Tigers’ defense, Cormontae Hamilton has 17 tackles, 1.0 TFL, one sack, and one pass defended in four games.
- Layton Jordan has been providing a big boost on defense, posting one interception to go with 16 tackles, 7.0 TFL, 4.5 sacks, and one pass defended for the Owls.
- Jordan Magee has been doing his part on defense, collecting 17 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and two sacks for the Owls.
- In four games for the Owls, Darian Varner has compiled nine tackles, 6.0 TFL, and two sacks.
- Kobe Wilson has totaled 21 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 0.5 sacks In four games for the Owls.
Memphis vs. Temple Predictions and Pick
Memphis vs. Temple betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on Memphis vs. Temple
You can bet on Memphis vs. Temple at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Memphis vs. Temple picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Our pick to win this matchup is Memphis, and we expect that Memphis will cover the spread (Memphis -19.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 50.5 points.