Big Ten rivals will do battle when the Indiana Hoosiers (0-0) face the Illinois Fighting Illini (1-0) at Memorial Stadium (Bloomington, IN) in Bloomington, Indiana.
Indiana vs. Illinois Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 1 point, with bookmakers listing Indiana as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Indiana has -120 odds to pick up the win, while Illinois is listed at -103 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 46.5 points.
10x your first bet. Up to $200 in bonus bets.
How to Watch Indiana vs. Illinois Live?
- Game Day: Friday, September 2, 2022
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: Fox Sports 1
- Location: Bloomington, Indiana
- Stadium: Memorial Stadium (Bloomington, IN)
- Indiana racked up 17.3 points per game last season, 4.6 fewer than Illinois allowed per outing (21.9).
- The Hoosiers were 2-2 against the spread and 2-2 overall in games when they scored over 21.9 points last season.
- Indiana collected 291.1 yards per game last year, 75.2 fewer yards than the 366.3 Illinois gave up per matchup.
- In games that the Hoosiers amassed more than 366.3 yards last season, the team was 1-2 against the spread and 1-2 overall.
- Indiana rushed for 115.6 yards per game last year, 35.5 fewer than the 151.1 Illinois allowed per outing.
- When the Hoosiers rushed for over 151.1 yards last year, they had a 2-1 ATS record and a 1-2 overall record.
- Illinois put up 13.1 fewer points per game (20.2) than Indiana gave up (33.3) last year.
- Illinois collected 56.7 fewer yards per game (327.0) than Indiana allowed (383.7) per outing last year.
- When the Fighting Illini piled up over 383.7 yards last season, the team was 2-2 against the spread and 3-1 overall.
- Last year Illinois ran for 22.7 more yards per game (170.8) than Indiana allowed per outing (148.1).
- The Fighting Illini had a 6-2 ATS record and a 5-3 overall record when the team ran for over 148.1 yards last year.
Indiana vs. Illinois Betting Analysis
Indiana Betting Insights
- Indiana had two wins against the spread last year.
- Indiana won once ATS (1-2) when favored by 1 point or more last year.
- The Hoosiers were listed as the moneyline favorite just two times last season, and they split the games.
- The Hoosiers played as a moneyline favorite of -120 or shorter in only two games last season, and they split them 1-1.
- Indiana had seven of its 12 games hit the over last year.
Fighting Illini Betting Insights
- Illinois had seven wins in 12 games against the spread last year.
- Illinois went 6-3 as underdogs of 1 point or more last season.
- Last season, the Fighting Illini were the underdog nine times and won three of those games.
- Last season, the Fighting Illini won three of their nine games, or 33.3%, when they were the underdog by at least -103 on the moneyline.
- Out of 12 Illinois games last season, four hit the over.
Indiana vs. Illinois Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||50.6||49.4||51.8|
|Implied Total AVG||31.3||30.8||31.7|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-1||0-1||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-9||0-4||0-5|
|Point Total AVG||48.8||49.9||47.4|
|Implied Total AVG||29.5||28.4||31.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-1||2-1||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-6||1-3||2-3|
Last Season’s Leaders
- Micah McFadden collected 57 tackles, 10.0 TFL, and 6.5 sacks in 12 games last year.
- Raheem Layne totaled 1.0 TFL, 54 tackles, and one interception in 12 games.
- Ryder Anderson put up 2.5 sacks as well as 4.0 TFL and 40 tackles a season ago.
- In 2021, Cam Jones had 40 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one sack.
- On defense Tarique Barnes, who played in 12 games, registered 59 tackles, 3.0 TFL, two sacks, and one interception.
- Kerby Joseph, who played in 12 games, posted 1.0 sack to go with 1.0 TFL, 41 tackles, and five interceptions.
- In 12 games, Sydney Brown totaled 65 tackles and one sack.
- Tony Adams was a big player on D last season, with one interception to go with 50 tackles, 3.0 TFL, one sack, and one pass defended.
Indiana vs. Illinois Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this contest is Illinois, and we project that Illinois will cover the spread (Indiana -1). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 46.5 points.
Indiana vs. Illinois betting card
- Pick ATS:
Fighting Illini (+1)
How to Bet on Indiana vs. Illinois
You can bet on Indiana vs. Illinois at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Indiana vs. Illinois picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.