It’ll be the Appalachian State Mountaineers (0-0) against the North Carolina Tar Heels (1-0) in college football play at Kidd Brewer Stadium in Boone, North Carolina.
Appalachian State vs. North Carolina Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 2 points, with oddsmakers listing Appalachian State as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Appalachian State has -127 odds to pick up the win, while North Carolina is listed at +104 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 56.5 points.
Get a No Sweat First Bet up to $1,000
How to Watch Appalachian State vs. North Carolina Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 3, 2022
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPNU
- Location: Boone, North Carolina
- Stadium: Kidd Brewer Stadium
- Last year, Appalachian State racked up just 2.4 more points per game (34.5) than North Carolina surrendered (32.1).
- The Mountaineers were 5-1 against the spread and 6-0 overall last season when the team recorded over 32.1 points.
- Appalachian State averaged 23.1 more yards per game (441.3) than North Carolina gave up per contest (418.2) last year.
- The Mountaineers were 6-2 against the spread and 8-0 overall when the team amassed over 418.2 yards last season.
- Appalachian State rushed for 192.1 yards per game last season, 11.9 more than the 180.2 North Carolina allowed per outing.
- The Mountaineers had a 5-2 ATS record and a 7-0 overall record when the team rushed for more than 180.2 yards last year.
- Last year North Carolina put up 13.1 more points per game (35.2) than Appalachian State surrendered (22.1).
- The Tar Heels were 5-5 against the spread and 6-4 overall last year when the team put up more than 22.1 points.
- North Carolina averaged 468.4 yards per game last season, 120.5 more yards than the 347.9 Appalachian State allowed per matchup.
- In games that the Tar Heels piled up over 347.9 yards last year, the team was 5-7 against the spread and 6-6 overall.
- Last year North Carolina piled up 212.7 yards per game on the ground, 86.8 more than Appalachian State allowed per contest (125.9).
- When the Tar Heels rushed for over 125.9 yards last year they compiled a 5-5 ATS record and a 6-4 overall record.
Appalachian State vs. North Carolina Betting Analysis
Appalachian State Betting Insights
- Appalachian State beat the spread eight times in 14 games last year.
- Appalachian State had an ATS record of 6-5 as favorites of 2 points or greater last year.
- The Mountaineers finished 8-3 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 72.7% of those games).
- The Mountaineers had a record of 7-2 when they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -127 or shorter (80%).
- Last year, six of Appalachian State’s 14 games went over the point total.
Tar Heels Betting Insights
- North Carolina posted a 5-8-0 record against the spread last season.
- As a 2-point underdog or greater, North Carolina had one win ATS (1-2) last year.
- Last season, the Tar Heels were listed as the underdog in three games and failed to win any of those contests.
- The Tar Heels were 0-2 last season when entering a game as the underdog by +104 or more on the moneyline.
- In 13 North Carolina games last season, eight of them went over the total.
Appalachian State vs. North Carolina Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||56.9||57.4||56.2|
|Implied Total AVG||35.3||37.1||32.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||8-3||5-1||3-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-1||1-0||0-1|
|Point Total AVG||65.6||67.4||63.5|
|Implied Total AVG||39.3||42.3||35.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-4||5-1||0-3|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-3||0-0||0-3|
Last Season’s Leaders
- As a tone-setter on defense, D’Marco Jackson amassed 83 tackles, 14.0 TFL, six sacks, and one interception in 14 games last year.
- Nick Hampton collected 11.0 sacks to go with 13.0 TFL and 44 tackles in 14 games.
- Trey Cobb posted 2.0 TFL, 58 tackles, and three interceptions in 14 games played a season ago.
- T.D. Roof compiled two interceptions to go with 41 tackles, 5.0 TFL, three sacks, and two passes defended in 14 games played.
- With 2.5 sacks to go with 5.0 TFL, 83 tackles, and two interceptions in 13 games, Cedric Gray was a key player on defense.
- On defense, Tomon Fox delivered 9.0 sacks to go with 9.0 TFL and 30 tackles.
- Cam’Ron Kelly helped on defense with four interceptions to go along with 55 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and five passes defended in 13 games.
- Jeremiah Gemmel was an important contributor on D last year, with one interception to go with 51 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and two passes defended.
Appalachian State vs. North Carolina Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this game is Appalachian State, and we expect that Appalachian State will cover the spread (Appalachian State -2). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 56.5 points.
Appalachian State vs. North Carolina betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on Appalachian State vs. North Carolina
You can bet on Appalachian State vs. North Carolina at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Appalachian State vs. North Carolina picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.