A close NHL matchup is projected on Tuesday when the Minnesota Wild (2-2-1) host the Edmonton Oilers (1-3-1) at Xcel Energy Center. The Oilers are underdogs (-110 on the moneyline) against the Wild (-110) ahead of the game, which starts at 9:00 PM ET on ESPN+, BSN, and BSWI.
You can watch ESPN+, BSN, and BSWI to see the match unfold as the Oilers try to beat the Wild.
Wild vs. Oilers Game Info & Odds
- When: Tuesday, October 24, 2023 at 9:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+, BSN, and BSWI
- Where: Xcel Energy Center in Saint Paul, Minnesota
- TV Channel: ESPN+, BSN, and BSWI
- Favorite: Wild (-110)
- Underdog: Oilers (-110)
- Over/under: 6.5
Watch the Wild vs. Oilers live stream on Fubo
Free Live Stream Online: Start your free Fubo trial today!
Wild and Oilers Betting Trends
- Minnesota and its opponent have combined to score more than 6.5 goals in four of five games this season.
- Edmonton has played three games this season that finished with over 6.5 goals.
- The teams combine to score 6.2 goals per game, 0.3 fewer than this game’s over/under.
- These teams surrender 8.2 goals per game combined, 1.7 more than the total for this game.
- The Wild are 2-1 when favored on the moneyline this season.
- This is the first time the Oilers are listed as an underdog this season.
Wild Stats & Insights
- The Wild offense’s 18 total goals (3.6 per game) are ranked ninth in the NHL this year.
- The Wild rank 28th in total goals against, giving up 4.2 goals per game (21 total) in NHL action.
- The team is ranked 20th in goal differential at -3.
- The Wild shoot 12.2% as a team, ranked seventh-best in the league.
- The Wild have earned one shutout this season with their skaters averaging 18.8 hits and 15.8 blocked shots per game.
- They have averaged 3.6 goals per game (18 total) during that span.
- Defensively, the Wild have given up 19 goals (3.8 per game) in those 10 outings.
Oilers Stats & Insights
- The Oilers’ 13 total goals (2.6 per game) rank 23rd in the league.
- The Oilers have given up four goals per game, 20 total, which ranks 26th among NHL teams.
- Their -7 goal differential ranks 29th in the league.
- The Oilers are shooting 8.1% (25th in the league).
- The Oilers have not yet shut out an opponent this season.
- They have totaled just 13 goals over that time.
- Defensively, the Oilers have given up 20 goals (4.0 per game) in those 10 outings.
Wild Key Players to Watch
- One of Minnesota’s leading offensive players this season is Mats Zuccarello, who has seven points (one goal, six assists) and plays an average of 18:54 per game.
- Through five games, Joel Eriksson Ek has four goals and three assists.
- Marc-Andre Fleury (1-1-0) has a goals against average of 1.4 on the season, and 47 saves. His 87.037 save percentage ranks 52nd in the league.
Wild Player Props
- Mats Zuccarello Points Prop: 0.50 (Over Odds: -230, Under Odds: +175)
- Joel Eriksson Ek Points Prop: 0.50 (Over Odds: -135, Under Odds: +105)
Oilers Key Players to Watch
- Leon Draisaitl is a top offensive contributor for his team with nine points (1.8 per game). He has scored four goals and five assists in five games (playing 22:07 per game).
- Connor McDavid is a key contributor for Edmonton, with eight total points this season. He has netted two goals and provided six assists in five games.
- Jack Campbell has a record of 1-2-0 in three games this season, conceding 9 goals (1.8 goals against average) with 82 saves and a 90.110 save percentage, 34th in the league.
Oilers Player Props
- Leon Draisaitl Points Prop: 1.50 (Over Odds: +105)
- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins Points Prop: 1.50 (Over Odds: +160)
Wild vs. Oilers Injuries
- Wild: Alex Goligoski: Lower Body (Out), Jared Spurgeon: Upper Body (Out), Matthew Boldy: Upper Body (Out)
- Oilers: Connor McDavid: Upper Body (Out)
Wild vs. Oilers Prediction
- Puck Line Pick:
- Pick OU:
- Score Prediction:
Wild 4 – Oilers 3
You can check our live NHL lines for the latest NHL odds, including money lines, spreads, and over/under totals.
Tip: If you want to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Wild vs. Oilers picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
What is a parlay? Or even how to bet on hockey? Check out our complete guide to the best NHL betting sites.