Tuesday’s NHL matchup between the Dallas Stars (3-0-1) and the Pittsburgh Penguins (2-3) at PPG Paints Arena sees the Stars favored on the road (-130 moneyline odds to win) against the Penguins (+110). The game starts at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN+, BSSW, and SportsNet PT.
You can turn on ESPN+, BSSW, and SportsNet PT to watch as the Stars and the Penguins square off.
Stars vs. Penguins Game Info & Odds
- When: Tuesday, October 24, 2023 at 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+, BSSW, and SportsNet PT
- Where: PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- TV Channel: ESPN+, BSSW, and SportsNet PT
- Favorite: Stars (-130)
- Underdog: Penguins (+110)
- Over/under: 6.5
Watch the Stars vs. Penguins live stream on Fubo
Free Live Stream Online: Start your free Fubo trial today!
Stars and Penguins Betting Trends in 2022
- Last season, 40 of Dallas’ games went over Tuesday’s total of 6.5 goals.
- A total of 36 of Pittsburgh’s games finished with over 6.5 goals last season.
- These two teams combined for 6.6 goals per game last season, 0.11 more than the total for this contest.
- These two teams allowed a combined 5.8 goals per game, 0.7 less than this game’s over/under.
- The Stars were victorious in 45 of their 72 games (62.5%) when listed as the moneyline favorite last season.
- The Penguins were an underdog in 22 games last season, and won four (18.2%).
Stars Stats & Insights in 2022
- The Stars’ 281 total goals (3.4 per game) made them the seventh-best scoring team in the league last season.
- The Stars gave up 215 total goals (2.6 per game), the third-fewest in league play.
- They had the league’s fourth-best goal differential at +66.
- The Stars had a 10.7% shooting percentage, which ranked seventh in the league.
- The Stars shut out opponents six times last season. As a team, they averaged 20.1 hits and 14 blocked shots per game.
Penguins Stats & Insights
- The Penguins have scored 16 goals this season (3.2 per game) to rank 12th in the NHL.
- The Penguins have allowed 16 total goals (3.2 per game) to rank 17th.
- They have a 0 goal differential, which ranks 15th in the league.
- The Penguins’ collective 9.4% shooting percentage ranks 16th in the league.
- The Penguins have shut out their opponent once this season. As a team, they are averaging 13.4 hits and 16.6 blocked shots per game.
- They have put up just 14 goals during that stretch.
- Defensively, the Penguins have given up 10 goals (2.5 per game) in those 10 outings.
Stars’ Best Players in 2022
- Jason Robertson, a productive offensive player last season for Dallas, registered 109 points on the season.
- Jamie Benn recorded 78 points (33 goals, 45 assists), adding significantly to the team’s offensive efforts last season.
- Last season for Dallas, Scott Wedgewood (9-8-3) recorded a 0.6 goals-against average, and a save percentage of 91.542.
Stars Player Props
- Jason Robertson Points Prop: 0.50 (Over Odds: -215)
- Jamie Benn Points Prop: 0.50 (Over Odds: -105)
- Joe Pavelski Points Prop: 0.50 (Over Odds: -135)
Penguins Key Players to Watch
- Evgeni Malkin has totaled four goals (0.8 per game) and collected four assists (0.8 per game), averaging 4.0 shots per game and shooting 20%. That makes him among the leaders for Pittsburgh with eight total points (1.6 per game).
- Jake Guentzel’s six points this season, including one goal and five assists, make him one of the top offensive threats for Pittsburgh.
- Alex Nedeljkovic has a 1-0-0 record this season, with a 91.667 save percentage (24th in the league). In 1 game, he has 33 saves, and has given up two goals (0.4 goals against average).
Penguins Player Props
- Erik Karlsson Points Prop: 0.50 (Over Odds: -175)
- Sidney Crosby Points Prop: 0.50 (Over Odds: -210)
- Evgeni Malkin Points Prop: 0.50 (Over Odds: -190)
Stars vs. Penguins Injuries
- Stars: Jerad Rosburg: Undisclosed (Out), Chase Wheatcroft: Undisclosed (Out)
- Penguins: Kris Letang: Lower Body (Questionable), Mark Pysyk: Lower Body (Out), Noel Acciari: Upper Body (Questionable), Will Butcher: Undisclosed (Out)
Stars vs. Penguins Prediction
- Puck Line Pick:
- Pick OU:
- Score Prediction:
Stars 4 – Penguins 3
You can check our live NHL lines for the latest NHL odds, including money lines, spreads, and over/under totals.
Tip: If you want to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Stars vs. Penguins picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
What is a parlay? Or even how to bet on hockey? Check out our complete guide to the best NHL betting sites.