Sports Bettings Apps Maryland
It’s official. Maryland online sports betting is launching on November 23. According to Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control, mobile sports betting apps will be up and running before Thanksgiving.
While retail sports betting has been available in the Old Line State, it’s until late November that the best Maryland online sportsbooks will launch.
Maryland should anticipate nearly 60 mobile sports betting apps during the official launch.
The Best Maryland Sports betting Apps
Many sportsbooks operating in the United States support ACH payments. Our favorite ACH betting sites are;
1. BetMGM Maryland APP
Competitive intro bonus
2. FanDuel Maryland APP
Great promos & odds boosts
3. DraftKings Maryland APP
Better odds than most sportsbooks
4. Caesars Sportsbook Maryland APP
Generous welcome bonus
5. PointsBet Maryland APP
Which Maryland Sports Betting App is The Best? (According to Users)
The best Maryland sportsbook app can be different for everyone. If we have to choose one mobile App for Marylanders to place a sports wager on, it must be an MD betting site that:
- Users enjoy using the most
- Is easy to use and navigate
- Offers an impressive sign-up bonus.
As of now, many users’ top pick in Appstore and Playstore is BetMGM. Many bettors consider the MD sportsbook app the best because of its unique pre-launch offer of $200 in free bets that require no minimum deposit.
The no-deposit requirement makes BetMGM the perfect online betting platform for new users to get some skin in the game.
While other sports betting sites like DraftKings offer the same $200 bonus in free bets, it comes with a minimum deposit requirement of $20 to activate, making them less appealing to many sports fans.
Maryland Sports Betting Apps Reviewed
We spent the last few months examining Maryland mobile betting apps to find which truly live up to Maryland bettors’ expectations. We subjected the sports betting apps to multi-dimensional scrutiny, compared their welcoming and ever-green bonuses, and examined their ease to use and navigation.
Whether you’re looking for the best Maryland sportsbooks for new bettors, the best mobile app for college sports, or the best mobile sports betting platform for experienced bettors, you’ll find the right match.
This Maryland sportsbook app guide should help you narrow your choices.
1. BetMGM Maryland APP: New Bettors’ Top Sportbook App
Competitive intro bonus
Reasons to Install:
- On-site and in-app live-streaming
- Offers overtime insurance
- Wide range of sports available in Maryland
- Easy-to-use parlay functions
- You can get up to $1000 in free bets through referral
Why BetMGM Maryland App ranks 1st: BetMGM offers sports bettors a special deal if they sign up for their app before November 23. Early sign-up unlocks $200 in free bonus (available for use on the launch date). This offer stands out among other app betting bonuses because it requires no activation deposit.
The welcome bonus delivers 8 $25 free bets to help new Maryland bettors to get some skin on the game. The terms and conditions of BetMGM welcoming betting bonuses give its mobile app an edge over its competitors.
A Line Up of Other Sports Betting Bonuses to Level the Playground for New Sports Bettor
On the launch day, the welcome bonus will revert to $1000 in risk-free bets. However, this offer won’t be available for users who grabbed the pre-launch bonus.
Other offers you can get include the MLB parlay insurance bonus which refunds your original stake on one-game parlays if all your legs hit but one.
BetMGM MD sports betting app has a slick interface that allows users to build simple bet slips with quick filters to sort markets by leagues, sports type, competition, or country. You’ll also have access to a betting guide to parlays, point spreads, moneylines, and more so that you never get stuck.
After mastering the BetMGM wager styles, you can leverage the “Lion Boost” feature to get more value out of your wager at no extra cost.
- Users have access to many deposit options
- Offers daily fantasy sports odds boost
- The app gets you easy access to legal sports betting in Maryland
- Both the website and mobile app are user-friendly
- Offers low max bets on odds boosts
2. DraftKings Maryland APP: Best Sportsbook App With Amazing Betting Odds
Better odds than most sportsbooks
Reasons to Install:
- Offers live mobile sports betting in Maryland
- The app has a specific section devoted to promotions
- Offers daily odds boost on different betting options, which can inflate players’ payout
- Has profit boosts to help users win big on parlays or single bets
Like BetMGM, DraftKings Maryland sportsbook app pre-launch offer gets you $200 in free bets that will be available for use after the operator receives the sports betting license on November 23. The DraftKings Maryland pre-launch offer will also enter you into a $1000 free bet contest.
Just use the DraftKings link on this page to register and unlock the $200 in free bets.
Why the DraftKings Maryland app ranks second: While the DraftKings Maryland betting app gives you access to relatively favorable odds on prop bets, moneylines, and future — the high rollover requirement on its bonuses makes it rank second.
Otherwise, the sportsbook offers cutting-edge Maryland mobile sports betting you’ll find around. Its bet lines are exceptional for sides and totals, but you’ll infrequently see shorter odds. You’ll also have unique betting options that add sports wager flexibility with alternative flash bets, point spreads, quarters, and halves.
Daily Odds Boost
The DraftKings app gives bettors in the state of Maryland daily odd boosts on big games to boost their payout by 10-20%. You can use the odds boost offer to increase sports wager on certain outcomes or a choice of outcomes.
Apart from the daily odds boost, you can win big on single and parlay bets on the DraftKings betting site with profit boosts. Profit boosts for the sportsbook can maximize your potential returns by 20-100%.
- Gets you access to weekly tournaments with a massive payout
- Has user-friendly design
- Has interwoven daily fantasy sports and sportsbook
- Has many odds boosts
- Allow legal online betting on various sports
- User access several odd boosts and promotions daily
- High rollover on bonus funds
- Has less favorable odds compared to the competition
- Promotions have limited terms and conditions
3. Caesars Maryland APP: Best Betting App For Experienced Bettor
Generous welcome bonus
Reasons to Install:
- In-play betting allows the exploration of ongoing games
- The cash-out feature allows you to withdraw your cash before the end of the game to protect your wager
- Have a live scoreboard that keeps you informed about the game status
- Lets you live stream game directly from the app after you’ve placed a bet
- Offer live chat support
Caesars sportsbook app isn’t just the best mobile betting platform for experienced sports fans, but one everyone else can use. The sportsbook improves many of the basics of its app to give seasoned and new users an excellent mobile betting experience.
Pre-launch allows users to grab the early sign-up bonus of $100 in free bets, available after depositing $20. The bonus will come in weekly 4 $25 free bets.
Use this Caesars sign-up link on this page to qualify for the $100 early sign-up bonus.
Why Caesars Maryland App Ranks 3rd: It’s the best prices that Caesars sportsbook offer on MLB, NFL, and NCAAF that make it stand out. The operator is the frontrunner for line shopping compared to BetMGM, BetRivers MD, and PointsBet. However, its pre-launch offer doesn’t appeal to many Maryland bettors.
Unique Cash-Out Feature
The Caesars app has a cash-out feature that allows users to cash out their bets ahead of time. If you foresee your wager making a loss, you can always cash out to protect it.
After the sports wagering application review commission legalizes sports betting in Maryland, you can access some of the best betting odds on the Caesars app. The app has various sports betting markets with competitive odds to maximize earnings.
Daily Fantasy Sports Overview
Caesars sports app has fantasy sports called SuperDraft that offer paid and free daily contests. Once Maryland lottery and gaming control launch sports betting, you’ll have access to numerous contests, including Golf, NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL.
- Generous welcome bonus
- A slick interface that makes it easy to use the app
- Give you access to competitive odds
- The cashout feature is excellent in protecting you from losing your wager
- A huge selection of professional sports betting option
- While the welcome bonus is generous, the wagering requirements don’t favor new users
- Users complain of slow withdrawal
4. FanDuel Maryland APP: Best Live Sports Betting App in Maryland State
Great promos & odds boosts
Reasons to Install
- Excellent live-streaming partnerships
- Integration of daily fantasy and sportsbook into one account
- Offers parlay insurance for four or more legs
- Has an in-app search bar
FanDuel Maryland offers early sign-ups of $100 in free bets on the launch day that has no deposit requirement. All you have to do is use the FanDuel Maryland link on this site, complete your sign-up, and get $100 when the app goes live on November 23.
FanDuel would be the number one betting app for a Maryland resident, but occasional uncompetitive betting odds should make you wonder if it’s worth that much. The app is packed with nearly all the excellent features that a bettor might look for, but still, many bettors would have issues with the betting odds that are sometimes not impressive.
Why FanDuel Maryland App ranks 4th: There’s nothing a bettor can’t do with the FanDuel App. It has a no-deposit requirement pre-launch promo, an excellent interface that’s easy to navigate, and exclusive live-streaming deals. However, the app doesn’t offer the best odds around.
Exclusive Maryland Live Sports Deals
If you’re a hardcore fan of live sports betting, the FanDuel Maryland betting app has everything you’ll ever need. You can access in-play bets that allow you to bet on college sports and major leagues for basketball, baseball, football, tennis, hockey, and more.
Apart from retail betting, you’ll have a live match tracker that updates odds in real-time and displays scores. Live sports also have an early cashout before the end of the game to avoid a bad beat.
Relatively Good Interface
While the app isn’t revolutionary, it has all features to get things done. The most outstanding app feature is the live odds update, which is the best you can ever find in online sports betting in Maryland.
- User-friendly interface
- Promos and bonuses are available for new members as well as existing members
- Offers exclusive bonuses in live streaming
- User has several ways to withdraw
- Odds sometimes aren’t competitive
- Offer low max bet limit for promos
- The app sometimes is slow because of high traffic
5. PointsBet Maryland APP: Best Online Sportsbook For Betting Bonuses
Reasons to Install
- Users can boost their odds by clicking on the booster odds options
- Sports fans wager on in-play sports for online Maryland betting
- Live-stream feature that generates real-time animation of live events happening in the arena
- A Quick Parlay feature to help users create parlays with one click
- Cash-out option that lets you withdraw your wager when you see events aren’t going your way
PoinBet Maryland offers generous bonuses and covers extensive betting markets to bring you closer to the game. The platform gives you points for every $1 wager you win or lose.
Why PointBet Maryland App Ranks 5th: While Pointbet is a high-quality sportsbook with a wide range of markets and bonuses, the application doesn’t use fixed odds to determine your payout. Your possible win adjusts depending on the status of the ongoing event. Plus, the platform doesn’t offer fantasy sports.
Early sign-up unlocks 5 $100 second-chance bets for fixed bets. The offer gets your wager amount back in site credit if you lose. However, you must place all five bets within five days of signing up for your account.
Another interesting feature with PointBet MD is that the operator can refund your bet through the Karma Komittee program if a player is injured or the ref makes an obviously unfair call.
- Offers you popular sports markets
- The app has a user-friendly interface to allow quick and easy wagering
- Accepts many payment options with fast payout for winning bets
- Sports markets don’t have fixed odds, and your winning depends on the current event status.
Legal Maryland Sports Betting Apps Ranked By Sports:
Every Maryland mobile betting app has a line on major leagues, but some sportsbook focus more on specific markets to offer sports fans a unique experience.
Here’s a breakdown of the ranking of Maryland sports betting apps depending on overall strength in a specific sports market.
Best Maryland NFL Betting App: Caesars
Caesar is the official sponsor of the NFL, making it the best betting platform for football fans. However, the app’s betting markers leave no league behind, offering betting options in the:
Regardless of your betting location in Maryland, Ceasars is the best sports betting App for NFL games because it runs regular NFL promotions.
Best Maryland NBA Betting App: DraftKings
Basketball fans have excellent bet lines and fantasy drafts on DraftKings Maryland betting platform. The app is ideal for online legal sports betting and wagering on NBA, Men’s D-I college basketball, and WNBA.
DraftKings players can win the cash prize for points earned on game performance for blocks, rebounds, and 3-point shots. If you’re new to basketball betting, you can get a feel of the court with DraftKings betting guides that cover prediction, odds, and how to avoid common betting mistakes.
Best Maryland MLB Betting App: BetMGM
BetMGM Maryland Sports primarily focus on the first pitch on several future market lines on the AL West, World Series, AL Cy Young, NL MVP, and pro leagues.
The availability of up-to-the-second MLB odds presents hundreds of games each season, allowing bet slip diversification with run lines, parlays, under/over totals, and exotic prop bets.
Best Maryland NHL Betting App: PointsBet
PointsBet partners with NHL to offer users high-risk, high-reward points betting for experienced Maryland bettors.
PointBet is one of the sportsbooks in Maryland that stacks pre-game and in-play betting options with moneylines, first-period spreads, double chance and first to score, game props, and “pick your own line.”
Odds will vary all through the game. If you live in Maryland and are a fan of NHL games, Pointsbet will get your insurance on NHL games to refund money-line bets you lose in overtime or shoutouts.
Best Maryland College Betting App: FanDuel
Now that Maryland sports betting sites will allow college sports betting, FanDuel brings the fun with lines on NCAA basketball and football.
On FanDuel, each college game packs plenty of parlays, round robins, teasers, and betting options for quarters, periods, halves, and prop bets. Maryland sports fans can access the “Bracket Dominance” promo that offers $5 in free bets for every $50+ bet they place on one team to win in the NCAA Tournament. The bonus offers a minor protection level when your wager comes short.
Should I download and sign up for multiple Maryland Sports Betting Apps?
Yes. While it might feel easier to bet on one betting app, the best way to get the most out of sports betting is to use Maryland sports betting apps from different operators. Here’s why:
- You’ll get the best of lines far more often
- You can take advantage of several pre-launch promos and other offers
- No one app will offer you everything you want — using several apps let you enjoy different advantages
- You’ll leverage strongholds of different sportsbooks
How to Choose a Maryland Sports Betting App
When choosing a Maryland betting app, you want to ensure the operator offers you the best features that suit your betting preference. Here are some of the factors you should check out for:
Promotions & Bonuses offered
One way that online sportsbooks try to encourage potential customers into the world of mobile sports is through online bonuses. Consequently, nearly every sportsbook offers promos and bonuses.
Your work is to look out for special offers that appeal to your betting needs the most.
Ease of use
The best online sportsbook has an excellent user interface that simplifies betting. Your selection should allow you to access your favorite options and place bets with minimum effort.
Variety of bets
When it comes to sports betting markets, the more, the merrier. You need a platform that lets you pick your standard market, like point spread and money line, props, odd boosts, and other special bets.
Lines & Odds
When choosing a betting app, one integral factor is the odds competitiveness. Compare the lines and odds that the sports betting apps are promising and choose the most generous one in the market you want.
Ease of Withdrawals and Deposits
Depositing and withdrawing from your account is critical to betting in Maryland. Check the reputation of the betting app about transactions on the customer reviews before committing to one.
Every Maryland sports bettor expects a smooth betting experience. However, in case of any trouble with making withdrawals, promotion mechanics, or any other confusion, you should be able to contact customer support for assistance. Your app should have someone around ready to help you.
Bet Types Offered on Legal Maryland Sports Betting Apps
Sports betting apps offer different types of bets, but let’s focus on the most common ones.
- Moneyline: A Moneyline bet is the most straightforward wager. It involves two teams or players listed where a bettor chooses one player or team to win.
- Parlays: A parlay combines multiple wagers into one larger bet. Each bet in the parlay is known as a leg. If one leg loses, your entire bet loses. Parlaying multiple bets into one boosts the potential payout and allows wagering with a smaller amount.
- Totals: A total or under/under wager is a bet on whether or not the combined goals, points, or run totals of a single game will be over/under what the sportsbook set it at before the event.
- Live bets: These bets take place after the game starts, with odd shifts in real-time.
- Prop Bets: Prop bet includes predicting a specific event and what might happen, such as who will score first.
- Futures: Future bet is a wager of a multi-stage event such as a tournament or a season. Futures can refer to team and player markets, such as which team will win their division, championship, or league or a player who will win league MVP.
Live Betting With Maryland Betting Apps
Before the era of live betting — wagers had to be locked before the game started. Now nearly all Maryland sports betting apps will bring major sports games to your phone.
The apps will use push notifications for in-play games odds and statistics updates to help users manage their bet on the spread or outcome while the game is live. The most popular games for live betting include:
Operators will keep updating each play to keep lines moving on quarters, halves, spreads, moneylines, game totals, props, and more.
Retail Sports Betting Vs. Maryland Sports Betting Apps
Online sports betting is far superior to retail betting. Wagering online is far superior to retail betting because it is easier, more flexible, and more intuitive than in-person.
You’ll leverage far more benefits with sport betting apps than the brick-and-mortar offering. What you’ll get includes:
- Convenience: The best thing Marylanders can get when online sports betting licenses become available is convenience. You won’t have to travel to sportsbook locations to place a wager. You can place your bet if you have your phone or laptop.
- Bonuses: Online sportsbooks will continue offering bonuses to attract and keep businesses. While it’s’ easy to deliver bonuses on mobile, it’s’ nearly impossible for Sportsbooks to offer bonuses to users.
- Line shopping: Every bookmaker has slightly different odds. Since online sportsbooks are readily accessible, you can compare and shop better lines. In a retail setting, line shopping is more complex to do.
- Live betting: A retail sportsbook has limited betting options you can make after the game begins. Mobile apps will offer you in-play bets, which is nearly impossible on a retail sportsbook.
Maryland Sportsbook Promo Codes
Maryland bettors expect sports betting to launch on November 23. Consequently, sportsbooks at launch are offering special Maryland welcome bonuses.
While you don’t need to be a Maryland resident to use the bonuses, you must be in the state to activate the promo codes. Some promo codes you can leverage include:
BetMGM Maryland Promo Code
The BetMGM pre-launch bonus lets you claim $200 in free bets before the official launch. Apart from the free bets offered, new users secure a risk-free bet of up to $1000 to get started.
If you qualify for the BetMGM pre-launch offer, you won’t be able to grab the $1000 risk-free bet.
FanDuel Maryland Promo Code
FanDuel Maryland promo code also offers a sign-up bonus of $100 in free bets with no deposit requirement. Apart from the pre-launch bonuses, new players in Maryland can secure a risk-free bet of up to $1000 for the first wager.
DraftKings Maryland Promo Code
The DraftKings Maryland promo code offers $200 in free bets that come as 8 $25 free bets credits. Early sign-up also enters the player into sweepstakes for $100K in free bets.
You don’t need to input the promo code manually. Just sign up with DraftKing here before November 23.
Caesars Maryland Promo Code
Caesars has several ongoing promotions that aren’t pre-launch or new users’ offers. However, pre-registration gets you $100 in free bets. You must make a minimum deposit before the official launch to unlock the free bets that will come in 4 $25 free bets.
PointsBet Maryland Promo Code
Like all other Maryland sportsbooks, PointsBet has a pre-launch bonus for new users. The sportsbook offers $200 in Free bets, plus $500 in Second Chance Bet. PointsBet will deliver the $200 in 4 $50 free bets per week.
The $500 Second Chance Bet comes in 5 $100. You can use the Second Chance Bet if you lose any bet in the first five days.
How to Bet Online with a Maryland Sportsbook APP?
Betting online with the Maryland sportsbook app is very straightforward. Just proceed as follows:
- Choose a sportsbook
- Activate Offer
- Create your account
- Collect any registration offers
- Fund your account
- Get the app for mobile betting
- Place your Bets
Verdict: The Best Maryland Sports Betting App?
We’ve tested nearly all Maryland sports betting apps for months. Most people could use each app in the list happily because their perks complement each other well.
However, to come up with a winner, we took lots of factors into account:
- Quality of the pre-launch bonus
- Terms and conditions of the welcome offer and ever-green bonuses
- Usability and ease of navigating the app
- What other users in other states are saying
- Odds quality
- Betting market types
- Overall value
Obviously, the best Maryland sports betting app depends a lot on what’s important to you and your wagering style. However, if you have only to pick one betting app, BetMGM Maryland app will arguably be the best.
This was a hard call to make, but the app is excellent for new bettors and delivers a mobile sports betting experience that matches any US betting app. You’ll get a rich menu of betting markets and a huge range of sports to wager on.
However, you can’t go wrong with either of the betting apps on the list.
Maryland Sports Betting Apps FAQ
Maryland Lotter and Gaming Control Agency (MLGCA) control online sports betting in Maryland.
Yes. From November 23, bettors in Maryland can wager on sports games online.
Wednesday, November 23, 2022. Maryland Lottery and gaming control on Thursday, November 18, announced that legal online sports betting would go live on November 23.
Maryland bettors who have waited more than two years since voters legalized online betting should be able to find the best online platform to start betting on November 2023.
Downloading a sports betting app is straightforward. The difficult work is shopping for the best betting app for the best welcome bonuses and betting lines. Users can download multiple betting apps that match their wagering style and market preferences.
Here’s a simple guide to downloading mobile sports betting apps:
- Go to App Store (on iPhone) or Play Store(on Android) and search for the Maryland betting app of choice.
- Hit the “Download” or “Get” button to download and install the app.
- After downloading, open the app, register, and log in to your account.
After downloading your favorite sportsbook app, find the “Register” or “Sign-Up” button. The option will open a form that will require you to provide standard information, including your:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Pic of a valid ID to verify you have reached the legal gambling age
Hit “Sign Up” when done to create an account ready to make legal bets when the app officially launches on November 23.
After successful sign-up, follow the prompts to make a deposit to fund your account. When online sports betting launches, you can use your fund and free bets to place your first bet.
On November 23, scroll through betting markets and select the sport that interests you in the league bets and odds. Selecting a market creates a bet slip automatically. Choose the amount to wager, then click the “confirm” button to create a successful bet.
You must be at least 21 years old to place an online wager in Maryland sports betting brands.
Yes. All sports betting revenue you gain from Maryland online or in-person gambling — regardless of where or how you win will be subject to federal and state taxes.
Even though legal online sports betting sites are still waiting to launch in Maryland, you should be patient and wait instead of using offshore sports betting apps. Illegal and offshore might offer sports betting, but the apps lack sufficient security and might even steal the money you deposit in your wagering account.
You won’t have anyone to turn to for legal help because you’re technically breaking the law.
A few things can help you sport an ideal sportsbook app. Check customers’ reviews to check what already-using customers say about the app. Examine their welcome bonus and other promos to check if their terms and conditions favor you. Also, ensure the betting app is easy to use and check the odds to ensure you’re getting a good deal.
Written and updated by