Barstool Sportsbook represents a muscled-up cooperative between Penn National Gaming and Barstool Sports. By combining Barstool’s large following in the realms of media, content and betting information with Penn’s established business and sports betting acumen, an indisputable contender of a product in sports betting stands tall.
- Interactive bets
- Flexible parlay options
- Large offering of bet types
- Quality deposit/withdrawal options.
- Below-average odds.
- Issues with live betting functionality
- Will quickly limit bettors on a hot streak.
Barstool Sports was created by Dave Portnoy in 2003 and the tiny Boston-area sports betting publication has evolved 10-fold. The corporation developed into a major brand, producing everything from sports to lifestyle and everything in between. While Barstool has been known to cannonball into a controversy or three, it has likewise developed a very loyal following anxious to play the brand they love — Barstool Sportsbook.
The Barstool Sportsbook is a great choice for sports bettors, even if you’re not a fan of the Barstool content machine. It’s backed by gaming operator Penn National, which gives it greater strength in the industry.
As Barstool Sportsbook grows its geographic presence, what started with the debut of mobile betting in Pennsylvania has grown into a multi-state enterprise. Barstool Sportsbook is now offering a $10 no-deposit bonus and a $1,000 risk-free wager in the form of bonus cash to new players. In addition, Barstool Sportsbook offers a variety of incentives and live tournament entry to both new and returning players.
Barstool Sportsbook Pros & Cons
While Barstool sportsbook is one of the more popular sports betting platforms in the US, it still has its negatives attached, as does every other sportsbook. Knowing the pros and cons of Barstool before signing up will make sure that you are as informed as possible.
- Much flexible parlay betting options that offer a large variety of betting types and multi-sport parlay wagers
- High-quality withdrawal and deposit methods are available
- A very interactive betting experience
- Hot-streak bettors will get limited quickly
- Not-so-great odds
- Low-ceiling ongoing promotions
Barstool Review Summary
Barstool Sportsbook is a serious competitor in the crowded online sports betting market. Barstool Sportsbook has secured sports betting licenses in various states since its start in late 2020 and has positioned itself as a popular option to other, more experienced US operators.
When it comes to betting, the Barstool Sportsbook app and online interface are both enjoyable to use, but its in-play betting platform falls short by failing to offer live game options for several events. A great promotional schedule and competitive lines, on the other hand, make it worthwhile to visit Barstool Sportsbook often for excellent bargains.
The app is aimed at the young adult market and is geared to highlight Barstool characters. There’s a mix of pop culture, sports, and, of course, sports betting references.
Website & APP Review
Barstool Application Review
Kambi, a previous supplier to DraftKings and a prominent provider in its own right, provided the software that powers the Barstool Sportsbook App. Additionally, with Barstool Bets, Barstool Sports and other applications that already combine betting-related content, video, podcasts, and more, Barstool Sports brings a plethora of knowledge to the table.
It’s simple to register and get started, thanks to a uniform style and speedy registration procedure. To see offers, adjust account settings, view open bets, establish spending limits, obtain support, and visit individual sports, users may utilize the app’s two menus. A slider, for example, enables bettors to rapidly identify alternate spreads and totals wagers instead of having to manually explore large lists.
The app also includes in-depth statistics, some of which, such as implied win probability, will be quite valuable to rookie bettors. Other statistics, such as recent history and head-to-head outcomes, are good to know, but they don’t give much value to professional bettors.
While the betting options are adequate, they seem to be a little old. Also, live streaming and play-by-play data have yet to be added to Barstool’s live betting choices. This comes out as a major letdown, particularly given how many of Barstool’s devoted supporters are die-hard sports fanatics.
Barstool Website Review
To be honest, the web-based platform for Barstool Sportsbook isn’t as excellent as the app. It’s a bit slower and less responsive than most websites from other leading sports betting providers. When you click on a bet, the bet slip practically bursts out of the right-hand portion of the screen, taking up space and hiding the other activity. You must manually arrow it back to its original location.
With all of the sports listed at the top, some of the sports in button form below that, and a scrolling bar of promotions, navigating is simple. There are additional connections to the sports to the left, as well as access to accounts, promotions, preferences, and other things. Thankfully, the middle of the screen is dominated by odds, which is great in terms of accessibility. The web-based platform is a bit clumsier and slower than the app. There is no debate here; the app is the superior option.
Registering/Creating an account
New users may begin the signup process by visiting BarstoolSportbook.com from any desktop, Android, or iOS device or by clicking or tapping on the registration button within the application
Before enrolling via the app, mobile users must first download the Barstool Sportsbook App. Thankfully, Barstool makes it simple by providing download links on its welcome page. After you’ve installed the app, or if you’re enrolling from a desktop, complete these steps:
- From the left-hand sidebar (desktop) or the top-right corner (mobile), choose “Log in”
- Select “Sign Up” from the drop-down menu
- Fill up your email address, username, password, and a promotional code if applicable
- Fill in your complete legal name, date of birth, gender, and the last four digits of your Social Security number on the following screen. The latter is exclusively used by sportsbooks to verify their customers’ identities
- Fill in your complete address as well as your phone number
- Check your account information and accept the terms of service
It should be noted that consumers of Barstool Sportsbook must be at least 21 years old.
The banking mechanism at Barstool Sportsbook is safe and simple to use. Deposits may be made through credit cards, e-wallets and bank transfers. In most cases, withdrawals are handled in less than 24 hours. You can also withdraw immediately into your bank account using online banking. The average turnaround time is 3-5 business days; however, it is sometimes significantly shorter.
Deposit & Withdrawal Methods at Barstool
Barstool Sportsbooks allows the following deposit options, which may vary somewhat from state to state:
- ACH/eCheck: A simple and secure method of transferring payments from a personal bank account to Barstool Sportsbook. Customers may begin an online deposit and sign in to their online banking account to approve the transaction for an immediate deposit using this service, which works with most national banks.
- Customers may use Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or mycash to make a deposit. However, credit card deposits are not permitted in Iowa.
- PayPal: To wager online with Barstool Sportsbook, you can use an existing or new PayPal account. PayPal email addresses must match the email addresses used to register with Barstool.
- Apple Pay: Using a saved Visa, MasterCard, or Discover debit/credit card, deposit straight from an Apple Pay wallet.
- Play+ Account: Play+ account allows you to make quick online deposits using your credit card, debit card, bank transfer, or PayPal. Customers also get a physical card in the mail that is connected to their Play+ accounts. The card may be used to make purchases and withdraw cash from ATMs everywhere Discover is accepted.
- PayNearMe: Make a cash deposit at a CVS, 7-Eleven, or other participating retailer near you, and your player account will be financed within minutes.
- Wire Transfer: Barstool Sportsbook supports bank wire transfers, but only during normal business hours. This method is best used for significant deposits.
The following procedures are used to handle withdrawals:
- ACH/eCheck: Withdraw to a bank account via ACH or eCheck. Transactions might take up to 3-5 business days to complete.
- PayPal: To withdraw, bettors can use PayPal. The majority of the time, funds are readily accessible (1-2 business days).
- Sportsbook & Casino Barstool Play+ Card: Players who already have Play+ cards may use them to withdraw cash immediately. Users may then utilize their money to make purchases, withdraw cash from ATMs, or transfer them back to their source.
- Paper Check: When alternative options aren’t available, paper checks are a good backup. It’s worth noting that checks might take up to 14 days to arrive, and there’s a $250 minimum withdrawal requirement.
- Casino cage cash: Bettors may deposit and withdraw money from participating casino cages. It may take a day or two for pickup requests to be accepted, but once they are, the funds will be accessible nearly instantly. Simply provide a government-issued photo ID and the transaction number.
Barstool’s help center may be accessed by going to the main sidebar on a desktop or the hamburger menu on a mobile device and choosing “Contact Support.” The help center is rather basic, addressing common issues like tech support, responsible gaming, sports betting, cashiering, and player accounts. Some of the responses are quite specific, while others are rather imprecise.
Users who need real-time support have many options:
- Fill out a quick form with information about the problem and send it to the team by email. Within 24 hours, you should get a response.
- Chat with a live representative through live chat. This option is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
- Request a callback by filling out the relevant form. If you leave a message with your phone number, a Barstool representative will contact you back.
Speed is one area where Barstool’s customer service shines. Requests for live chat are mostly answered fairly instantly, and email response times are more than swift.
However, the calls are sometimes very sporadic, as reported by many consumers. Agents would sometimes call back in a rush. On other occasions, there would be a long wait time or no callback at all.
Regrettably, speed does not always imply quality. It seems like Barstool’s representatives are under orders to get customers off the phone as soon as possible. Don’t be shocked if you get scripted responses and agents bail before you can ask follow-up questions. Customer service is an area where Barstool can improve.
License, safety & security
In 12 states in the United States, the Barstool Sportsbook is completely licensed and regulated. To make a legal sports wager, users must be 21 years old or older and physically reside inside state boundaries.
The site is safe since it encrypts connections using 128-bit keys. It also employs SSL encryption technology. Therefore, it can be assumed that Barstool is a perfectly safe, regulated, and licensed sports betting site that bettors can use care-free about their security.
Rewards & Loyalty Program
Penn National’s renowned loyalty program has been incorporated into the Barstool Sportsbook’s app. Mychoice is a multi-tiered rewards program that enables players to earn comps, luxury gifts, travel privileges, hotel stays at Penn National retail locations.
There are five levels to the program:
- Choice: Tier Points range from 0 to 999.
- Advantage: Tier Points range from 1,000 to 17,999.
- Preferred: Tier Points 18,000–49,999.
- Elite: Tier Points: 50,000 – 199,999
- Owners Club: 200,000+ Tier Points
Live Betting & Streaming
Barstool Sportsbook provides live betting on a variety of sports from across the globe, both popular and niche. Many in-game events are covered in-depth, giving you many chances to wager on what happens throughout the game from start to end. Short-term live wagers, such as which team scores the next point in an NBA game, are among the options.
The point to note is that the live betting odds at Barstool are rather good. On average, sports bettors will pay somewhat less juice on Barstool than on its closest rivals. Those small savings build up over time.
In terms of market depth during games, Barstool Sportsbook is similar to other large sportsbooks, but it distinguishes out for the unique material it can provide with in-play betting events. While other sportsbooks may have traditional pregame programs, only Barstool Sportsbook can bring its own unique and humorous spin on sports commentary with shows like the Barstool Sports Advisors. Barstool Sportsbook will give even the most experienced sportsbooks a run for their money when it comes to in-play betting if and when full live analytics are included.
Most betting sites provide comparable sports coverage and market depth, but Barstool Sportsbook goes a step beyond. For example, Barstool offers “The Hanson,” a wager in which customers may guess the total number of points scored in all Sunday NFL games.
- Users may access the “Barstool Exclusives” button at any time for odds-boosted picks and the opportunity to wager with or against BSS celebs who choose their bets each week.
- Quick Pick 6: Fans looking for a quick fix may go to the Quick 6 Pick parlay generator and choose one or more sports to construct a six-leg parlay based on their selections. Users may then add or remove legs, examine payout odds and the amount to win, and put their stake with a single press.
With Barstool, you can also place the following classical sorts of bets:
- Point Spreads
- Prop bets
- Live Betting
Limits, Odds, Games & Tournaments available
Users may choose from a variety of markets for the most popular sports in the sportsbook. The number of betting possibilities available for numerous major leagues is very decent. For seasoned sports bettors looking for variety, as well as fans of Barstool Sports, the sportsbook is an appreciable pick.
Most betting sites will have all major league sports and other games accessible at the Barstool Sportsbook. They know precisely what sports bettors want to see since they started as a sports betting publication.
Barstool Sportsbook State Restrictions
The Barstool sportsbook is a multi-state sportsbook that operates in several US states. Therefore, bettors from many US states can place their wagers on this sportsbook. However, it is worth noting that if Barstool is not yet accessible in your state, chances are that it will come into use in the future, as Barstool has always shown an expansive nature.
For example, the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board regulates the Barstool sportsbook in the state of Pennsylvania. The Michigan Gaming Control Board regulates it in Michigan. The Colorado Division of Gaming authority does the same in Colorado. The Indiana Gaming Commission is in charge of regulating it in Indiana. The Illinois Gaming Commission regulates it in Illinois.
Barstool Current Promotions
Barstool, as a relatively new online sportsbook, is attempting to entice customers with various offers and promos. Here are some current special offers:
Bonus for registering
The Barstool Sportsbook welcome package includes a 2-for-1 one new player bonus, which is accessible to any players who have yet to make their first deposit. If your first bet loses, you’ll get a free bet in exchange that matches the value of your initial wager, up to a maximum limit of $1,000.
Bonus for loyalty
Following registration, sports bettors may get a $5 no-deposit bonus from Barstool. Simply join in and go to the account options page to alter your betting favorites. This step guarantees that players are eligible for the additional sports betting bonus.
Promotions and incentives are ongoing.
The Barstool Sportsbook is presently running several specials. These include insurance on certain markets, reduced juice on marquee matches, and more.
Barstool sportsbook is a popular US sportsbook. Therefore, it often partners with several other brands, teams, and entities that are related to the sports betting sector. Some examples include Genius Sports, Arizona Bowl, Penn National Gaming and the MLB. Penn National is its largest partner, and holds 36% of the company.
For a sportsbook of Barstool’s magnitude and popularity, it is vital that it sponsors and partners up with popular brands in the game. It helps the sportsbook gain new bettors and get more popularity.
Barstool Betting Markets
For gamers who live in the US, Barstool Sports provides the three primary kinds of bets that are widespread across the sportsbook community. This makes sure that sports bettors, no matter their preferences, can get entertained at the Barstool sportsbook.
Barstool Sports provides a broad selection of pregame markets across a wide variety of sports, possibly spanning up to 30 different sports. What happens is that the operator releases the odds a few days before a game and they are liable to alter after that. There will be minimum and maximum bets, which will vary according to the sport and the significance of the event in question. The ability to place pregame bets will be stopped once play begins.
Betting in real-time
The live betting section of the Barstool Sports sportsbook is a significant feature. After a game has begun, you will be able to make bets on a variety of markets across all of the prominent US sports. The odds are updated during the game.
Additionally, for some events, there is the chance to cash out your winnings. The cash-out value is determined by the amount of the initial wager and the odds in effect at the time of the request.
Bettors in the US like futures betting, and Barstool Sports provide a wide variety of possibilities, including the winners of divisions, conferences, and championships in the major US betting sports, as well as soccer, tennis, and golf tournaments.
Barstool operates in several states within the US. For example, Iowa, Arizona, Tennessee, New Jersey, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Virginia, Colorado and Pennsylvania are examples.
Barstool sportsbook does not inherently have a casino section, but it has many partnerships with reputable casinos across the US. For example, it has partnerships with the Hollywood casino, Hollywood casino aurora, the Greektown Casino, the Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg and Boomtown casino, and more.
Barstool offers many different promos and bonus offers. Currently, its biggest bonus is probably a $1000 risk-free wager.
Yes. Barstool offers many different payment methods. All these methods are popular, safe, and fast in their own right.
Anyone above the legal age required for gambling and betting can wager on Barstool. You also need a valid sportsbook account.
Yes. Barstool is a legal and regulated sportsbook that pays out real money.
You can use several of the safe and popular payment methods offered by the sportsbook. These include PayPal, ACH transfers and many more.
You can use many different banking methods. The easiest way to go about it is by using the same payment method you utilized for depositing money in the first place.