Our last entry was destroyed when Gerrit Cole took a PERFECT GAME into the 7th against Detroit finishing the night with just 2 hits allowed in 7 innings. That prevented us from starting our June winning streak so let’s start this week off with a winner. I went back to the mound for a trio of props I like. Here are my MLB PrizePicks Props of the day for Tuesday, June 7th.
MLB PrizePicks Entry – Tuesday, June 7th
Pirates & Tigers SPs – Under 0.5 1st Inning Runs Allowed
- Tarik Skubal for Detroit hasn’t allowed a run in four of his last five starts
- Jose Quintana for Pittsburgh has given up more than 2 ER in just one of his ten starts this season
- Skubal has a whip under 1 for the season and has allowed just one first-inning run over his last nine starts
- Quintana’s only first-inning run given up all season came back on April 28th against Milwaukee
- Both teams have team batting averages that rank at the bottom of the league.
Justin Verlander – Under 5.5 Hits Allowed
- Given up more than 5 hits in just two of his ten starts this season
- Although he surrendered 10 hits last time against Seattle, the Mariners only mustered 3 & 5 hits his previous two outings against them this season.
- Over his last nine starts against Seattle, he’s allowed just 30 hits over the 57 total innings
- Gone under this prop in eight of the nine starts against the Mariners
German Marquez – Over 5.5 Hits Allowed
- Since his complete game, 1 hit shut out of San Fran back on April 14th of 2019, he’s allowed 52 hits in the 35 ⅓ innings he’s pitched against them
- He’s given up 6 or more hits in six of the eight starts since that shut out
- Actually allowed 6 or more hits in eight of his ten starts this year, and in eight straight road outings dating back to August of last season
Make the MLB season even more exciting by Tailing/Fading these or creating your own MLB entry at PrizePicks. Sign up now and receive a 100% deposit match up to $100 by clicking the link below.
Featured Image Credit: Carmen Mandato/Getty Images